Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Early Flu Season - And the shot ain't gonna help much, they say

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Early Flu Season - And the shot ain't gonna help much, they say Empty
PostSubject: Early Flu Season - And the shot ain't gonna help much, they say   Early Flu Season - And the shot ain't gonna help much, they say EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 10:22 am

http://www.northescambia.com/2014/12/escambia-schools-alerts-parents-about-the-flu

Quote :
Flu letters were to be sent home from every school last week, following an announcement from the Florida Department of Health that the 2014-2015 flu season is off to an early start, especially among children.

The letter encourages vaccination against the flu for those that have not already done so this season, and it encourage parents to keep sick children at thome.

I know that Teo is 100% behind flu shots... yeah, right... maybe behind with a disgusted look on his face. His granddaughter died from an immunization, and I certainly understand his reasons for contempt of immunizations.

The shot isn't a good match for the viruses this year, the CDC says. I guess it offers some immunity, but not against new mutations that seem to make the rounds. If memory serves me right, instead of over 60% immunity from flu, this year's shot immunity is in the 40% range.

A few weeks ago I got the flu shot, and a shot for shingles (My oldest brother died indirectly from shingles).
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Early Flu Season - And the shot ain't gonna help much, they say   Early Flu Season - And the shot ain't gonna help much, they say EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 3:02 pm

I have never had a flu shot....I was going to get one after Christmas but decided not to because it will.not be effective.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Early Flu Season - And the shot ain't gonna help much, they say   Early Flu Season - And the shot ain't gonna help much, they say EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 3:05 pm

The clinic where my sister works in TN is inundated with flu sick children. Most of the same children had received flu shots, too. Now she's sick. Poor sis, she loves working with the kids but this is a drawback for sure.

I refuse flu shots.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Early Flu Season - And the shot ain't gonna help much, they say   Early Flu Season - And the shot ain't gonna help much, they say Empty

Back to top Go down

Early Flu Season - And the shot ain't gonna help much, they say
Page 1 of 1