Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bill Cosby

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eddard

Eddard

Bill Cosby Empty
PostSubject: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 6:50 pm

Yeah, I had to bring it up. I don't know whether I am intentionally trying not to believe it because I don't want to
so bad, or if I do believe it and I want to cry because apparently we just can't be allowed to believe in anyone other than ourselves anymore.

It's depressed me.

I don't make heroes of public figures like comedians but it is comforting to think that there are decent people out there somewhere in the entertainment field. I think we all thought the Cos was one of them. I knew he had a temper because he showed it one time when he was in Pensacola but that was for good reason. He made the managers of the Civic Center allow people who were sitting in a dead zone to let them move to seats where they could hear. He refused to continue the show until they did and you could tell he was extremely pissed. He said "Hey, talking is all I do. I don't sing or dance or do anything else. If they can't hear me talk you're just wasting their money." I was impressed.
Now I've gotta hear this crap. I hate it. I think I might believe it but I hate it so bad.

Ain't no Santa, ain't no Easter bunny and there ain't anybody but yourself and maybe your family you can believe in. And I know that family thing doesn't always work either. It was just an illusion to begin with but losing those things can really hurt.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Bill Cosby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 10:49 pm

I was at that performance. As I recall, it was about 1999.

I remember telling people that the sound was shitty and that they could leave now and get their money back. He was real embarrassed.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Bill Cosby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 7:34 am

Eddard wrote:
Yeah, I had to bring it up. I don't know whether I am intentionally trying not to believe it because I don't want to
so bad, or if I do believe it and I want to cry because apparently we just can't be allowed to believe in anyone other than ourselves anymore.

It's depressed me.

I don't make heroes of public figures like comedians but it is comforting to think that there are decent people out there somewhere in the entertainment field. I think we all thought the Cos was one of them. I knew he had a temper because he showed it one time when he was in Pensacola but that was for good reason. He made the managers of the Civic Center allow people who were sitting in a dead zone to let them move to seats where they could hear. He refused to continue the show until they did and you could tell he was extremely pissed. He said "Hey, talking is all I do. I don't sing or dance or do anything else. If they can't hear me talk you're just wasting their money." I was impressed.
Now I've gotta hear this crap. I hate it. I think I might believe it but I hate it so bad.

Ain't no Santa, ain't no Easter bunny and there ain't anybody but yourself and maybe your family you can believe in. And I know that family thing doesn't always work either. It was just an illusion to begin with but losing those things can really hurt.

Over the weekend Cosby broke his silence and said...'black media should remain neutral' on the sexual assault allegations....What does that mean anyway....the black media?...Does Cosby realize that he's taking tremendous hits in the black entertainment community?...There are many taking delight in this situation due to Cosby being outspoken and critical of some and now it's payback...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Bill Cosby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 8:18 am

If he did that stuff, he's despicable.

We grew up thinking he was a role model.

In fact, we were leaders of our church youth group and took a dozen or so kids to that performance because he was so "wholesome".
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Bill Cosby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 8:45 am

Eric wrote:
If he did that stuff, he's despicable.

We grew up thinking he was a role model.

In fact, we were leaders of our church youth group and took a dozen or so kids to that performance because he was so "wholesome".

Isn't the number up to 22-23 that have stepped forward?.... There appears to be a pattern that was used and the stories seem to be similar in nature... After all this time that has passed don't know how or if the truth will ever be known...
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

Bill Cosby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 12:18 pm

I didn't want to believe it at first either... but the benefit of doubt is gone imo.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Bill Cosby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 12:50 pm

PkrBum wrote:
I didn't want to believe it at first either... but the benefit of doubt is gone imo.

They just all can't be wrong and/or conspired together to get him somehow...
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bill Cosby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 3:08 pm

Well, my first thoughts were $$$ from consensual sex. Many have been known to sleep their way to the top. I just don't know anymore.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Bill Cosby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 7:52 am

Joanimaroni wrote:
Well, my first thoughts were $$$ from consensual sex. Many have been known to sleep their way to the top. I just don't know anymore.

L.A. District Attorney.... declines prosecution in Cosby matter.... You are correct especially when it boils down to she said...he said and so much time has passed...A couple of the victims admitted to receiving financial assistance from Cosby over the years which really muddies the waters even more...Maybe there will be no criminal charges but everything that he's built has crumbled...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bill Cosby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby Empty

Back to top Go down

Bill Cosby
Page 1 of 1