Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

We're pretty effing dumb as a country

Go down 
+9
BobW
SheSurfs
Eddard
riceme
TEOTWAWKI
PkrBum
nochain
hallmarkgrad
Eric
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

We're pretty effing dumb as a country Empty
PostSubject: We're pretty effing dumb as a country   We're pretty effing dumb as a country EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 9:51 am

From Joe Michaels at Wordpress.com LINK

Last week, I discussed a new product campaign undertaken by A&W Restaurants.

The chain decided to add to its menu a one-third pound hamburger priced less than McDonald’s Quarter Pounder.

We're pretty effing dumb as a country Fractions

So sure were planners of the item’s success that they conducted no market research. Yet, to their amazement, the campaign was a bust.

In an effort to understand why (kudos to A&W for wanting to know),  the bane of most corporate executives, market research, was finally undertaken.

What the company learned was this: Customers misunderstood the value. A majority believed that a one-third pound hamburger was smaller than the quarter pounder. And why was that? Because the “three” (in the denominator — 1/3) is less than the “four” in the denominator of the quarter pounder (1/4).

Three is less than four.

Amazing you say?
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: We're pretty effing dumb as a country   We're pretty effing dumb as a country EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 12:04 pm

No way 3 is bigger than 4!!! Where you did you get those numbers...? AW is just trying to rip me off...
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: We're pretty effing dumb as a country   We're pretty effing dumb as a country EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 1:03 pm

And then they voted......
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: We're pretty effing dumb as a country   We're pretty effing dumb as a country EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 1:28 pm

Lol... humanity doesn't stand a chance.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: We're pretty effing dumb as a country   We're pretty effing dumb as a country EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 1:32 pm

He gonna pay my mortgage and gasoline for my car car and a free obamaphone.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: We're pretty effing dumb as a country   We're pretty effing dumb as a country EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 2:08 pm

You guys just dont get it...If you got to A&W and want burgers with a pound of meat,you only get 3 burgers.  But if you go to McDs, you get four burgers.  I mean gee whiz  guys, do I need to get SheSurfs to explain this?
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: We're pretty effing dumb as a country   We're pretty effing dumb as a country EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 2:14 pm

God help us.
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: We're pretty effing dumb as a country   We're pretty effing dumb as a country EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 7:36 pm

Yes, they voted.

You might think the campaign would have been a failure anyway because a third of a pound of hamburger is way over your daily hamburger allowance, even on the porky pig scale.

But , only in America.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: We're pretty effing dumb as a country   We're pretty effing dumb as a country EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 5:36 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:
You guys just dont get it...If you got to A&W and want burgers with a pound of meat,you only get 3 burgers.  But if you go to McDs, you get four burgers.  I mean gee whiz  guys, do I need to get SheSurfs to explain this?

I can't HG…they aren't veggie burgers! Razz
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: We're pretty effing dumb as a country   We're pretty effing dumb as a country EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 11:49 pm

SheSurfs wrote:
hallmarkgrad wrote:

My girlfriend used to go to In N Out Burger and order a cheeseburger animal style, no meat. lol. She would sometimes have to repeat herself several times before they got it through their thick skulls what she was ordering.

http://www.in-n-out.com/menu/not-so-secret-menu.aspx
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: We're pretty effing dumb as a country   We're pretty effing dumb as a country EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 7:13 pm

riceme wrote:
In N Out Burger

Best fast food hamburger I've ever eaten. Including Whataburger.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: We're pretty effing dumb as a country   We're pretty effing dumb as a country EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 3:59 am

riceme wrote:
SheSurfs wrote:
hallmarkgrad wrote:

My girlfriend used to go to In N Out Burger and order a cheeseburger animal style, no meat. lol. She would sometimes have to repeat herself several times before they got it through their thick skulls what she was ordering.

In N Out Burger and Fatburger!....Both have the best burgers..
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: We're pretty effing dumb as a country   We're pretty effing dumb as a country EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 8:54 pm

Bob W, nothing is better than Whataburger.
Wendys lost me when they took the mustard off their burgers.
If Whataburger ever does that they will lose my love too.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: We're pretty effing dumb as a country   We're pretty effing dumb as a country EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 4:29 pm

Chick Filet, Whataburger, and Wendy's...clean kitchens and fresh ingredients. As far as burgers....Whataburger Patty Melt. Only problem......too many calories so they have become a once a year order.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: We're pretty effing dumb as a country   We're pretty effing dumb as a country EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 5:16 pm

My wife and I worked for Whataburger for a while. She was the book keeper and I was the maintenance man. Back then they ground their own hamburger. They had a building behind the location on Gregory street. .Meat came in big 40lb frozen blocks. They chipped it up, then ground it and delivered it daily to the stores. Not a bad job. I could order any kind of a burger I wanted. Double,double w/cheese and jalapenos. Oh Yea...Not a bad job...Best location was the one in Fort Walton Beach. All of us tried to eat there. Dont know why, but they could just make better burgers...
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: We're pretty effing dumb as a country   We're pretty effing dumb as a country EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 6:00 pm

I remember when the Firehouse was open. The train stopped on the track behind the restaurant and the staff would go out and unload the beef from Kansas City.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: We're pretty effing dumb as a country   We're pretty effing dumb as a country EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 11:53 pm

I like the Whataburger double-double. I always share with the puppies... can't eat the whole thing, but, damn! They're good.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: We're pretty effing dumb as a country   We're pretty effing dumb as a country EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 11:19 am

riceme wrote:

Ha too funny. I will have to try that sometime! My kids are forever ordering turkey Market Fresh sandwiches from Arby's, but hold the turkey. We always take bets on how they are going to react. At one franchise, they literally said they couldn't do it  scratch . After asking for the manager, we explained s-l-o-w-l-y how to overcome the challenge:

To two slices of wheat bread, add honey mustard, swiss chess, tomato, lettuce, and then wrap it up… just don't add the turkey.

Sometimes we have the turkey wrapped separately up as a doggie bag for the dogs since we are charged for it anyway.
Back to top Go down
polecat

polecat

PostSubject: Re: We're pretty effing dumb as a country   We're pretty effing dumb as a country EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 10:38 am

Anybody on here ever had a Culvers ButterBurger? They are mainly in the mid-west I think, only place I've seen them, my coworker said 1 recently opened in Sarasota. Very good so if you see 1 stop in and give it a try.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: We're pretty effing dumb as a country   We're pretty effing dumb as a country EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 10:55 am

I see that the Hip Pocket Deli in Warrington is being closed due to an Eminent Domain action by the DOT.  They haven't closed yet, but must close by the end of January.  PNJ LINK

On one day of the week, they have what they call a Wimpy Burger, and it is humongous!  Their Facebook page mentioned that they had it yesterday and called it "their 5lb. Wimpy Burger".  I don't think it is 5lbs of meat, but the Facebood page says it is big enough for 4 people.  Yes, this burger makes the McGuires burger look small.

We're pretty effing dumb as a country 39116_126050540772336_6866510_n

We're pretty effing dumb as a country F1WBpPlOFgOSgT-640m
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: We're pretty effing dumb as a country   We're pretty effing dumb as a country EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 12:23 pm

It was 5 pounds before cooking...... Yes, it's big.. I ate about 1/3 of one once but it was too salty for me to finish it..
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: We're pretty effing dumb as a country   We're pretty effing dumb as a country EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 2:41 pm

I remember trying to eat half of one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We're pretty effing dumb as a country   We're pretty effing dumb as a country Empty

Back to top Go down

We're pretty effing dumb as a country
Page 1 of 1