Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why voting may be a silly waste of time.....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Why voting may be a silly waste of time..... Empty
PostSubject: Why voting may be a silly waste of time.....   Why voting may be a silly waste of time..... EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 10:42 am

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/oct/14/why-i-will-not-vote

I am not someone who thinks that he is “making a difference” by voting once a year. I was born in the Soviet Union and my personal history led me to devote the last two years of my life educating the public about the horrors of North Korea. I constantly give talks about the situation in that least-free nation ... where everyone votes. I’m actually doing the work, rather than choosing a (public) servant to do it for me.

Understanding the Soviet Union and North Korea gives a bit of insight into human social psychology. No matter how absurd the state line, a huge majority of the populace can be found to promulgate it. People will say with a straight face that having one choice for dear leader is tyranny – but having two is freedom. Is that second choice on the ballot really the qualitative difference?

Most progressives understand that human nature is basically the same anywhere on the planet. Yet they think those who rehash propaganda only exist in other, bad countries. Barring that, they believe those types are all to be found on the other side of the political spectrum. After all, the other side is where the evil, crazy people reside – those who want what’s worst for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Why voting may be a silly waste of time.....   Why voting may be a silly waste of time..... EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 11:38 am

Why voting may be a silly waste of time..... Pb141015
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Why voting may be a silly waste of time.....   Why voting may be a silly waste of time..... EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 12:07 pm

Illustration of why voting is a joke....
Why voting may be a silly waste of time..... Obama-smiling
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Why voting may be a silly waste of time.....   Why voting may be a silly waste of time..... EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 12:14 pm

Why voting may be a silly waste of time..... F51559f530650bf5cc1a59a7c3969358
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Why voting may be a silly waste of time.....   Why voting may be a silly waste of time..... EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 1:08 pm

Well Nancy pelosi should have been gone a long time ago along with John McCain. Guess you can only vote them out if the electorate isn't being paid off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why voting may be a silly waste of time.....   Why voting may be a silly waste of time..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Why voting may be a silly waste of time.....
Page 1 of 1