Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

This bothers me a great deal. How can the cops legally seize your goods without a warrant?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

This bothers me a great deal.  How can the cops legally seize your goods without a warrant? Empty
PostSubject: This bothers me a great deal. How can the cops legally seize your goods without a warrant?   This bothers me a great deal.  How can the cops legally seize your goods without a warrant? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 4:22 pm

This is happening with by police to help fund their departments and it is sooooo wrong!!! Highway robbery... by the frigging POLICE!

Amendment 4 of the US Constitution (bolded stuff by me) in it's entirety: The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment 5 of the US Constitution in it's entirety: No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

OK, now that I established the US Constitution says you need a warrant to seize property, and you cannot be deprived of "property" without due process... HOW IN HELL can the cops just take your money, jewels, etc.? It happens all the damn time! Don't tell me it's because the drug dog hit on the money... there are traces of drugs on most money! Some examples and links below.
--------------------------------------------

In 1989, police stopped 49-year old Ethel Hylton at Houston's Hobby Airport and told her she was under arrest because a drug dog had scratched at her luggage. Agents searched her bags and strip-searched her. They found no drugs. They did find $39,110 in cash, money she received from an insurance settlement and her life savings. Ms. Hylton had accumulated this money through over 20 years of hard, physical work, as a hotel housekeeper and hospital janitor.

Ethel Hylton completely documented where she got her money. She was never charged with a crime. But police kept her money anyway. Nearly four years later, she has little hope of ever getting her money back.

The Drug Enforcement Administration and the police now operate surveillance units at all major U.S. airports. Virtually everyone you deal with at an airport — from the ticket clerks to the baggage handlers — is paid 10% bounties for turning you in to the DEA if you buy a ticket with cash of if you look "suspicious."

Investigative reporters from 60 Minutes recently checked out reports of DEA airport confiscation squads in Atlanta, New York and other cities. In every case, within minutes of a well-dressed black undercover reporter buying a ticket for cash, a DEA agent came out and confiscated all of the money in his wallet.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/20/asset-forfeiture-wisconsin-bail-confiscated_n_1522328.html

http://www.fff.org/freedom/1093c.asp

Highway Robbery: Tennessee Police Are Seizing Cash From Out-of-State Visitors In Policy Called “Policing For Profit” http://jonathanturley.org/2012/05/24/highway-robbery-tennessee-police-are-seizing-cash-from-out-of-state-visitors-in-policy-called-policing-for-profit/
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

This bothers me a great deal.  How can the cops legally seize your goods without a warrant? Empty
PostSubject: Re: This bothers me a great deal. How can the cops legally seize your goods without a warrant?   This bothers me a great deal.  How can the cops legally seize your goods without a warrant? EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 10:48 pm

Episodes such as you described make Teo's worldview credible.

Wow. I don't know how they are getting away with this!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com

This bothers me a great deal. How can the cops legally seize your goods without a warrant?
Page 1 of 1