Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

iOS 8 sucks. If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

iOS 8 sucks.  If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't. Empty
PostSubject: iOS 8 sucks. If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't.   iOS 8 sucks.  If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't. EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 7:37 am

I upgraded to it when it first came out. Bad decision. It causes programs to crash... bloop... gone, and everything you were working on with it. Not all the time, mind you, but I just had a post lock up and then disappear along with the browser.

I read that you can revert to an earlier version for a very limited time, but you have to wipe your device clean. I don't want to have to reload all that crap back onto my iPad, so, I'll wait for a patch, I guess.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: iOS 8 sucks. If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't.   iOS 8 sucks.  If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't. EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 7:40 am

Eric wrote:
I upgraded to it when it first came out.  Bad decision.  It causes programs to crash... bloop... gone, and everything you were working on with it.  Not all the time, mind you, but I just had a post lock up and then disappear along with the browser.

I read that you can revert to an earlier version for a very limited time, but you have to wipe your device clean.  I don't want to have to reload all that crap back onto my iPad, so, I'll wait for a patch, I guess.

First thoughts on my IPad....not impressed either...Have had a couple of crashes...Hope just early glitches that will be corrected soon...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: iOS 8 sucks. If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't.   iOS 8 sucks.  If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't. EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 7:56 am

It used to be said that Apple devices "just worked" and PC devices were the ones to crash.

My PC laptop is way more stable than my iPad.

Even when I had version 7 installed on the iPad, it crashed on the Safari browser, especially on big pages, like when I would scroll way down the page of Yahoo News articles.  That was a guarantee of a crash... and sadly it still is.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: iOS 8 sucks. If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't.   iOS 8 sucks.  If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't. EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 8:02 am

Eric wrote:
It used to be said that Apple devices "just worked" and PC devices were the ones to crash.

My PC laptop is way more stable than my iPad.

Even when I had version 7 installed on the iPad, it crashed on the Safari browser, especially on big pages, like when I would scroll way down the page of Yahoo News articles.  That was a guarantee of a crash... and sadly it still is.

My wife has it on her iphone...don't know if she's had problems since the downloading...Wish I would have just ignored the option to download...No problems with the PC either...Seems they'd have figured some of this out by now..
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: iOS 8 sucks. If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't.   iOS 8 sucks.  If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't. EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 8:12 am

Some folks say that 8 eats battery life too, but that hasn't happened to me.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: iOS 8 sucks. If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't.   iOS 8 sucks.  If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't. EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 8:14 am

Eric wrote:
Some folks say that 8 eats battery life too, but that hasn't happened to me.

Geez...making me feel better and better about downloading 8...[said not me]....
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: iOS 8 sucks. If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't.   iOS 8 sucks.  If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't. EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 9:18 am

Yeah it's like when we downloaded the Obama administration...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: iOS 8 sucks. If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't.   iOS 8 sucks.  If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't. EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 9:36 am

iOS 8 sucks.  If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't. JY1yUWy

Hint!!!!

Don't do this!
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: iOS 8 sucks. If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't.   iOS 8 sucks.  If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't. EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 12:54 pm

According to an article at The Verge:

One week after the launch of iOS 8, Apple has already released its first update for the new OS in iOS 8.0.1, which contains a slew of bug fixes.

But you shouldn't hit the install button yet. Soon after the update hit, an abnormally high number of users immediately started reporting that the iOS 8.0.1 update is breaking cellular reception and other features like Touch ID. For those affected, "no service" is displayed after the update has been installed, and toggling airplane mode or powering the phone off and on again doesn't seem to be fixing it. Both of Apple's latest iPhones seem vulnerable to the massive problem. We've reached out to Apple for comment on just what's going on.

According to the company's release notes, iOS 8.0.1 was intended to fix numerous problems, including an issue that held back HealthKit apps last week. iOS 8.0.1 also patches up issues with third-party keyboards, a bug that prevented some apps from getting at the photo library, reliability around Apple's Reachability feature, and more. The full changelog follows below. To install the update on your iPhone or iPad, just head into settings. This one shouldn't require as much space as the original iOS 8 release.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: iOS 8 sucks. If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't.   iOS 8 sucks.  If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't. EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 7:49 pm

I guess sometimes its good to be behind in this stuff and behind I am.

I still use a iPhone 3G lol
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: iOS 8 sucks. If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't.   iOS 8 sucks.  If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't. EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 8:11 pm

Chrissy* wrote:

You could probably upgrade to 8... but you would be crazy to install it.

Version 8 can be installed on all the iPads, except for the first one.

I don't know about the phones. I have been a Samsung Note guy for a while.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: iOS 8 sucks. If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't.   iOS 8 sucks.  If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't. EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 9:18 pm

Im perfectly fine. I have everything I need.

You gotta know how I am. I will use something till it no longer works. I cant think of any reason I need a upgrade.
Back to top Go down
AuntieChrist

AuntieChrist

PostSubject: Re: iOS 8 sucks. If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't.   iOS 8 sucks.  If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't. EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 9:21 pm

Chrissy* wrote:

Aww! I just dumped my 3gs for a Samsung Galaxy. I am amazed at the difference. I will never go back to the iPhone.

I was under the impression that with the older iPhones (anything under a 4) that you couldn't update to 8 anyway. I think I had tried to update to 7 (was it 7?) a while back and iTunes almost laughed at me for trying to update it.
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: iOS 8 sucks. If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't.   iOS 8 sucks.  If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't. EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 9:39 pm

Eric- I heard the "camera roll" button was also gone on the phone and you cannot completely delete your photos. Is that part true? I think I mentioned that on here the other day.
I definitely will not be installing ios8
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: iOS 8 sucks. If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't.   iOS 8 sucks.  If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't. EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 9:54 am

True, Eddard. I think you can delete it off the device, but it is also stored in the cloud.

I read something about photos in the camera roll being deleted after thirty days. That sucks.
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: iOS 8 sucks. If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't.   iOS 8 sucks.  If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't. EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 3:45 pm

I've got photos on my phone from way back last Thanksgiving. One of these days I'm gonna print some of them out.
I'm absolutely sure I don't want them disappearing after 30 days.

That sounds like something they fixed that wasn't broke.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: iOS 8 sucks. If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't.   iOS 8 sucks.  If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't. EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 4:42 pm

Eddard wrote:
I've got   photos on my phone  from way back last Thanksgiving. One of these days I'm gonna print some of them out.
I'm absolutely sure I don't want them disappearing after 30 days.

That sounds like something they fixed that wasn't broke.

I suspect they can be saved if you transfer them to a different location on the device... just not the camera roll.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: iOS 8 sucks. If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't.   iOS 8 sucks.  If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't. EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 9:06 am

Version 8.0.2 was released Thursday night.

I think I will wait a couple of days to see if it is stable... before installing it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: iOS 8 sucks. If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't.   iOS 8 sucks.  If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't. Empty

Back to top Go down

iOS 8 sucks. If you are considering upgrading to it, please don't.
Page 1 of 1