Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Minimum Wage

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Minimum Wage Empty
PostSubject: Minimum Wage   Minimum Wage EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 8:27 am

Minimum Wage LXGAeJA
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
PkrBum

PkrBum

Minimum Wage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage   Minimum Wage EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 10:33 am

If there was any real desire to solve problems... the better question is why does the minimum wage keep rising? None of us will ever have a fair shot until we have a sound currency. The only ones able to beat inflation are the major corps, banks, wall st, and the very wealthy. The game is rigged... by design. The results don't lie.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Minimum Wage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage   Minimum Wage EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 10:46 am

Although I posted the pic, I am not convinced that raising the minimum wage is the be-all and end-all for lower-paid workers. I just thought it would stimulate discussion.

Instead of higher wages, benefits such as medical/dental policies would be a better incentive.

When I worked for the State of Florida, although I had important jobs, I wasn't paid commensurate with private sector salaries. But I had damn good benefits such as Sick and Annual Leave, and a pension plan.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
PkrBum

PkrBum

Minimum Wage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage   Minimum Wage EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 10:59 am

All wages are pretty much stagnant... while the cost of living is rising. Healthcare as an employee benefit is being separated from employment by obamacaid. I hear people celebrating that... as they think it will make people less tied to their employer. But I never hear about the value of that benefit being made up to the employees. They may wind up being out of pocket about the same amount... but the benefit as a form of compensation from the employer isn't being made up in salary. That will benefit corporations... especially if the employer mandate is put off indefinitely or canceled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Minimum Wage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage   Minimum Wage Empty

Back to top Go down

Minimum Wage
Page 1 of 1