Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Torque Auto code reader app.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Torque Auto code reader app. Empty
PostSubject: Torque Auto code reader app.   Torque Auto code reader app. EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 2:59 am

First a disclaimer.  I use this app with the dongle and it works fine.  But like anything else there are exceptions to the rule.
Torque is a app that lets you read almost every thing on your cars computer in real time.   There is a free version and a pay version.   The dongle is pretty cheap, under 10 dollars on Amazon and Ebay. Read the customer reviews before you buy.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque&hl=en

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Torque Auto code reader app.   Torque Auto code reader app. EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 7:44 am

That looks pretty cool, HG.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Torque Auto code reader app.   Torque Auto code reader app. EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 7:51 am

I have on set up for Ritas car. I will show it to you next I see you. Works on a android phone. I have a cheap phone with no service that I use...
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Torque Auto code reader app.   Torque Auto code reader app. EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 11:11 am

Sounds like Chrissy needs this. I dropped in for a real OBD II monitor years ago because I always drive old pickups that I love and refuse to sell :]
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Torque Auto code reader app.   Torque Auto code reader app. EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 6:44 pm

I like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torque Auto code reader app.   Torque Auto code reader app. EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 6:01 am

That thing is pretty cool.

I wouldn't know what the heck I was looking at though LOL Razz

Not sure if it would work on my old car, its almost 20 years old.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Torque Auto code reader app.   Torque Auto code reader app. EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 8:42 am

OBD2 is supported on most recently built vehicles. For older vehicles, as a rule of thumb: most Petrol vehicles built after 1996 support OBD2 and most Diesels after 2004 due to emissions requirements in the U.S. (though some manufacturers have implemented OBD2 for Petrol and Diesel before these dates)

Other good ways to see if the vehicle supports OBD2 are:

Check the vehicle identification sticker located somewhere in the engine bay, it should have the word 'OBD2' printed on it

Ask in web forums dedicated to your type of vehicle (a google search for forums will help you locate some)

Some vehicles support OBD2 back as far as 1996, however you should check to make sure your vehicle supports OBD2 to be able to use Torque.

I ordered one of the transponders and downloaded Torque into my phone. I can't wait to start playin' with it. (The transponder, lol)
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Torque Auto code reader app.   Torque Auto code reader app. Empty

Back to top Go down

Torque Auto code reader app.
Page 1 of 1