Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power....

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power.... Empty
PostSubject: Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power....   Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power.... EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 2:37 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power....   Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power.... EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 6:10 pm

I have nuclear power plant............... it blew up

I have nuclear sub............. it sunk

Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power....   Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power.... EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 6:39 pm

Yeah we got lotsa leaky power plants and lost two Nuke subs back in the sixties. We also designed Fukushima.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power....   Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power.... EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 10:15 am

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Yeah we got lotsa leaky power plants and lost two Nuke subs back in the sixties. We also designed Fukushima.

WE didnt design anything. GE( was a private company, not the US gov) designed it back in the 60's but THEY were fully responsible for taking care of it and running it.

Fukushima Daiichi was the first GE-designed nuclear plant to be constructed and run entirely by the Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO).

They falsified safety records over the years etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fukushima_Daiichi_nuclear_disaster

and as far as fault here. I dont think anyone could predict a tsunami that size.

and trying to compare Russia's war machine to ours is laughable and you know it. Not sure why you are so in love with putin. He is currently invading a sovereign nation.

Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power.... Unnamed-73
http://www.businessinsider.com/nato-satellite-photo-evidence-russia-lying-about-ukraine-2014-8

unless you think nato is lying?

Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power....   Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power.... EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 10:17 am

He is just against anything having to do with the U.S.A., our military, and police....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power....   Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power.... EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 10:21 am

Jake92 wrote:
He is just against anything having to do with the U.S.A., our military, and police....

So. Why shouldn't he be? He is NOT A AMERICAN?

He's RUSSIAN and he's the president of Russia. So I imagine he is very pro Russian lol

You may recall way back in the day, we also used to have presidents who were PRO AMERICAN.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power....   Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power.... EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 11:42 am

I meant Teo, not Putin... LOL

Yes, I remember when the great majority of the people living in the states were pro American, but that was before welfare and other give-away programs became a multi generational way of life for many people and there were jobs here before they were sent overseas where the mega millionaire stock holders got more pennies/share but put Americans out of work and on unemployment and multi give away programs..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power....   Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power.... EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 11:48 am

Jake92 wrote:
I meant Teo, not Putin...  LOL

Yes, I remember when the great majority of the people living in the states were pro American, but that was before welfare and other give-away programs became a multi generational way of life for many people and there were jobs here before they were sent overseas where the mega millionaire stock holders got more pennies/share but put Americans out of work and on unemployment and multi give away programs..

Oops! LOL

Embarassed

We have lost our country to PC do-gooders.

We will have to be nasty to get it back. Perhaps the millennials will have a backbone.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power....   Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power.... EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 12:04 pm

Chrissy* wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

WE didnt design anything. GE( was a private company, not the US gov) designed it back in the 60's but THEY were fully responsible for taking care of it and running it.

Fukushima Daiichi was the first GE-designed nuclear plant to be constructed and run entirely by the Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO).

They falsified safety records over the years etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fukushima_Daiichi_nuclear_disaster

and as far as fault here. I dont think anyone could predict a tsunami that size.

and trying to compare Russia's war machine to ours is laughable and you know it. Not sure why you are so in love with putin. He is currently invading a sovereign nation.

Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power.... Unnamed-73
http://www.businessinsider.com/nato-satellite-photo-evidence-russia-lying-about-ukraine-2014-8

unless you think nato is lying?

Um, I could predict a tsunami of that size. Every geologist or geology hobbyist could make the prediction. Japan sits on the ring of fire... it will happen again, likely sooner than later.

This is why the Humboldt Bay Nuclear Power plant was decommissioned... it sat right on top of not just a "fault," but a subduction zone capable of 8+ EQs and was in the path of this size tsunami.

The f-up is that the facility was designed to withstand EQs of 7.3 or lesser. The EQ that hit Japan was a 9.0 on the Richter scale. An EQ that registers 5.0 on the Richter scale is 10 times worse an earthquake that registered 4.0, and corresponds to a release of energy 31.6 times that released by the lesser earthquake.

They should have been using this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1964_Alaska_earthquake earthquake to design the facility instead of this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1952_Kern_County_earthquake one. The 1964 9.2 in Alaska was caused by the same thing that caused the Fukushima disaster: the subduction zone on the ring of fire. The '64 Alaskan 9.2 EQ caused this tsunami in Crescent City http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crescent_City,_California#Tsunamis

Totally predictable.

I am not anti-nuclear power at all... we just need to be extremely careful with it. Putting nuclear facilities on top of subduction zones and in the path of tsunamis is not being careful. It is the opposite.

ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fukushima_Daiichi_Nuclear_Power_Plant
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power....   Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power.... EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 12:11 pm

Who chose the spot for that plant?

GE or Japan ?

I can't look it up. I'm outside pretending to be lazy lol
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power....   Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power.... EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 12:37 pm

Chrissy* wrote:
Who chose the spot for that plant?

GE or Japan ?

I can't look it up. I'm outside pretending to be lazy lol

I cannot find that information offhand, but I can tell you that the typical sequence of events for building a power plant is that the customer selects a site, the seek bids, select one for design, one for construction and one for operation. GE was the supplier of both design and operation... they often do their own construction, but not sure if they did in the 60s.

Regarding my above post, the thing is, if they'd sought to build Fukushima to withstand a 9.2 it probably never would have been built there or anywhere remotely close to the coast in Japan. I do not believe they had the technology at the time to make such a facility safe for that magnitude of earthquake and that size of tsunami. In lieu of that, it should have either been retrofitted in recent years to bring it up to those standards or it should have been decommissioned like the Humboldt Bay facility. Gross neglect for people's lives, in my eyes.

And in the above scenario, the operator would typically report to the owner about the unsafe conditions and the owner would either respond or bury it. You take a swing at what happened. Don't get me wrong, GE is a bunch of filthy crooks, but I believe the owner of the facility is primarily at fault here.

I just found this article... haven't read it yet, but will. Thought you would also like it:

http://carnegieendowment.org/files/fukushima.pdf

Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power....   Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power.... EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 12:42 pm

^skip ahead and start reading at page 9... get to the good part.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power....   Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power.... EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 12:46 pm

It clearly says GE designed it, that I agree but it also says it's the first time they are not running it. So blaming GE for the fault of that tsunami is a little weak

Unless we just want to blame any company that happens to be connected to America for all the ills of the world.

I mean with that logic we could blame America for every plane crash and electrocution
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power....   Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power.... EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 12:51 pm

Wow. That's pretty damning stuff.

And a little more wow:

http://online.wsj.com/articles/tepco-ordered-to-pay-49-million-in-suicide-1409049866
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power....   Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power.... EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 12:57 pm

Chrissy* wrote:
It clearly says GE designed it, that I agree but it also says it's the first time they are not running it. So blaming GE for the fault of that tsunami is a little weak

Unless we just want to blame any company that happens to be connected to America for all the ills of the world.

I mean with that logic we could blame America for every plane crash and electrocution

NISA (Nuclear Industrial Safety Agency in Japan) did not require they retrofit the plant even though they knew and advised TEPCO that is was out of compliance. A competitor in the same situation chose to voluntarily make physical retrofits to their plant to ensure safety. TEPCO ignored the problem and NISA let them.

The Carnegie Endowment paper is very good... anyone vaguely interested should read it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power....   Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power.... EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 1:13 pm

riceme wrote:
Chrissy* wrote:

NISA (Nuclear Industrial Safety Agency in Japan) did not require they retrofit the plant even though they knew and advised TEPCO that is was out of compliance. A competitor in the same situation chose to voluntarily make physical retrofits to their plant to ensure safety. TEPCO ignored the problem and NISA let them.

The Carnegie Endowment paper is very good... anyone vaguely interested should read it.

That's what I am saying. they were out of compliance. 50 years later.

I have mixed feelings about it because do we require buildings to be constructed by doomsday standards?

Because if so, that's going to be a problem. and second, anything that fails is going to be a lawsuit.

example: my roof flew off during a hurricane or tornado. Im suing the construction company?

Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power....   Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power.... EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 1:39 pm

They underbuilt the facility when they built it. Resisting the temptation to construct nuclear power plants on subduction zones and in the path of the largest tsunamis the earth can produce is not a ridiculous doomsday standard. It is common sense.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power....   Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power.... EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 1:54 pm

Yeah we got nukes LOL and still got our asses handed to us in Vietnam Korea Afghanistan Iraq. Etc. I am real sure our nukes would probably blow up in our launch silos Keep up the football game bravado it always sounds like we are tough. The leaky nuke power plants are scattered all over the US. They turned off the alarms at some of them cause hey were always going off. Radiation is good for you The government says so ....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power....   Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power.... EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 2:04 pm

riceme wrote:
They underbuilt the facility when they built it. Resisting the temptation to construct nuclear power plants on subduction zones and in the path of the largest tsunamis the earth can produce is not a ridiculous doomsday standard. It is common sense.

again, by that standard, Japan should have zero nuclear plants.

So do you blame Japan or the construction company?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power....   Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power.... EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 2:06 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Yeah we got nukes LOL and still got our asses handed to us in Vietnam  Korea   Afghanistan   Iraq.  Etc.  I am real sure our nukes would probably blow up in our launch silos   Keep up the football game bravado it always sounds like we are tough.  The leaky nuke power plants are scattered all over the US. They turned off the alarms at some of them cause hey were always going off.  Radiation is good for you   The government says so ....

We get our asses handed to us in wars because we don't really fight wars to win them anymore. its all PC babble.

We are not allowed to be tuff, because we have to act like we CARE about the enemy.

fluffy, don't you agree?
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power....   Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power.... EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 2:14 pm

I have seen billions of dollars worth of defense projects scrapped because as designed wasn't as delivered...It's all about money and often that involves lying cheating and stealing...If there is a nuke war you better pray something works like it should but in all honesty I doubt it will....We will all literally be toast...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power....   Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power.... EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 2:24 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
I have seen billions of dollars worth of defense projects scrapped because as designed wasn't as delivered...It's all about money and often that involves lying cheating and stealing...If there is a nuke war you better pray something works like it should but in all honesty I doubt it will....We will all literally be toast...

Unlike you, I believe in Americans. REAL Americans. My criteria for real American is those who LOVE this country and believe in America.

I don't live in fear that some other po dunk country is going to take us. The biggest problem is that our own laws are allowing some po dunk religion to infiltrate us. PC crap city

but none of these people, like putin going into Ukraine, wow if that was tried here. or ISIS. wow if that was tried here.

People like me would me plucking those Mother Fers out.

Stop hating your country. As crappy as our gov might be, our country is still defined by our populace.and that hasn't even been tapped yet, because they know what I know.

we are effin bad asses in the core. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power....   Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power.... EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 2:46 pm

Chrissy* wrote:
riceme wrote:

Japan is at fault unless the construction company neglected to report any risks or issues.

Japan's nuclear facilities should be away from the coastline... away from the water and the subduction zone and the largest risk and built to the very highest standards. They don't have a lot of options for power and they are very densely populated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power....   Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power.... EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 3:02 pm

riceme wrote:
Chrissy* wrote:
riceme wrote:

Japan is at fault unless the construction company neglected to report any risks or issues.

Japan's nuclear facilities should be away from the coastline... away from the water and the subduction zone and the largest risk and built to the very highest standards. They don't have a lot of options for power and they are very densely populated.

agreed.

I cant go back and assume GE disregarded anything. Im not qualified.

Japan is a extremely small nation. Looks dangerous to me from all sides considering where they sit.

So im not going to go back 50 plus years and blame the constructors. Nations gov need to be held responsible for what they choose.

Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power....   Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power.... EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 3:12 pm

We are F'n Fat and pudgy at the core....not to mentioned poisoned, GMOed, vaccined, fluorided, over medicated and mostly out of shape...yeah we are just pathetic armchair warriors that would die without air conditioning........but keep the dream alive..LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power....   Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Putin: Russia IS a nuclear power....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next