Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ticks can make you allergic to meat! No shit!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Ticks can make you allergic to meat!  No shit! Empty
PostSubject: Ticks can make you allergic to meat! No shit!   Ticks can make you allergic to meat!  No shit! EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 9:46 pm

http://www.popsci.com/article/science/ticks-can-make-people-severely-allergic-meat-are-spreading-us?dom=PSC&loc=slider&lnk=4&con=ticks-that-can-make-people-severely-allergic-to-meat-are-spreading

These ticks are all over the Southeast. This Popsci article goes into good detail.

However, there is a spot of good news for those who fall prey to the Lone Star tick’s bite. The effects seem to be temporary, lasting a few months or a few years—as long as you don’t get bit again.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: Ticks can make you allergic to meat! No shit!   Ticks can make you allergic to meat!  No shit! EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 6:57 am

Who knew we had PETA ticks lol
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Ticks can make you allergic to meat! No shit!   Ticks can make you allergic to meat!  No shit! EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 8:02 am

THANKS Eric. That is exactly the symptoms that affects my brother in law. He has really been having a hard time with it. I will forward the link to him asap.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Ticks can make you allergic to meat! No shit!   Ticks can make you allergic to meat!  No shit! EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 9:15 am

Allergic reactions can be life-threatening. I keep Benadryl handy for mild cases. Serious cases can close off your windpipe... and you die!

I hope your BIL is okay and it is only temporary, HG.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Ticks can make you allergic to meat! No shit!   Ticks can make you allergic to meat!  No shit! EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 9:36 am

I think it will offer some insight to his issues. He is a pretty big wheel for a major hospital in Georgia. He has access to some of the best health care around but they seem to be perplexed about what caused his problems. Your link maybe the key. Thanks..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ticks can make you allergic to meat! No shit!   Ticks can make you allergic to meat!  No shit! Empty

Back to top Go down

Ticks can make you allergic to meat! No shit!
Page 1 of 1