Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

J-PAC Sucks

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

J-PAC Sucks Empty
PostSubject: J-PAC Sucks   J-PAC Sucks EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 11:51 am

There are 83,000 servicemen missing since WWII. J-PAC is charged with identifying these men and return them home.

Quote :
U.S. Army Private First Class Lawrence S. Gordon—killed in Normandy in 1944, then mistakenly buried as a German soldier—will soon be going home to his family.

But don’t thank the American military for this belated return. The Pentagon declined to act on his case, despite exhaustive research by civilian investigators that pointed to the location of his remains.

Instead, Gordon’s family and advocates used the same evidence to persuade French and German officials to exhume Gordon and identify him through DNA testing. That’s right: the relatives of this U.S. soldier, who fought against the Germans, are relying on Germany to bring him back home....

...Joint Prisoners of War/Missing in Action Accounting Command (J-PAC) rarely disinters any of those men to try to use DNA to identify them. On average, just four percent of such cases move forward.

The soldier's family worked hard to get J-PAC to disinter his remains and test for DNA but J-PAC didn't want to because it would set a precedent.  It is their damn JOB to do this.

http://www.psmag.com/navigation/politics-and-law/french-germans-return-fallen-gi-pentagon-gives-77265/

http://www.stripes.com/news/french-lab-identifies-us-soldier-s-remains-after-jpac-refuses-to-investigate-1.269672#.UzMEH_ldU9E

CBS did a story on J-PAC a couple of months ago... spending 100 Million dollars in 2012 to ID 8 servicemen.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
nochain

nochain

J-PAC Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: J-PAC Sucks   J-PAC Sucks EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 1:05 pm

Thats disgusting. After reading this I sent J-PAC the following email even though I seriously they will respond:

"I saw an article that J-PAC refused to conduct an investigation ico Private Gordon and disinter remains because it would set a "precedent". A precedent for what? Success? Is it also true J-PAC only identified the remains of 8 fallen warriors at a cost of $100M in 2012? Sounds like another dysfunctional government agency. How sad for the families of the fallen."
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

J-PAC Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: J-PAC Sucks   J-PAC Sucks EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 1:07 pm

J-PAC Sucks Picture
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

J-PAC Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: J-PAC Sucks   J-PAC Sucks EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 1:23 pm

nochain wrote:
Thats disgusting. After reading this I sent J-PAC the following email even though I seriously they will respond:

"I saw an article that J-PAC refused to conduct an investigation ico Private Gordon and disinter remains because it would set a "precedent". A precedent for what? Success? Is it also true J-PAC only identified the remains of 8 fallen warriors at a cost of $100M in 2012? Sounds like another dysfunctional government agency. How sad for the families of the fallen."

Good for you, man.

I doubt that they will dignify you with a response.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

J-PAC Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: J-PAC Sucks   J-PAC Sucks EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 7:55 pm

That makes me sick. How shameful and infuriating that our military families have to depend upon other countries to help them correctly identify the remains of our fallen warriors. Good on you nc, for taking the time to send them a note. Please do let us know if you get a response... although I won't be holding my breath.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

J-PAC Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: J-PAC Sucks   J-PAC Sucks EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 8:41 am

riceme wrote:
That makes me sick. How shameful and infuriating that our military families have to depend upon other countries to help them correctly identify the remains of our fallen warriors. Good on you nc, for taking the time to send them a note. Please do let us know if you get a response... although I won't be holding my breath.

There's a billboard on New Warrington Road near the Holiday Inn Express that reads....The way we treat our veterans says a lot about America (may not be word for word)....After reading this article and the posts I guess it does say a lot about our society...
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

J-PAC Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: J-PAC Sucks   J-PAC Sucks EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 8:50 am

nochain wrote:

For whatever good it does....J-Pac just received another e-mail. "Disgusting" is quite appropriate in these matters.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

J-PAC Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: J-PAC Sucks   J-PAC Sucks EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 12:08 pm

mediawatcher wrote:
riceme wrote:

There's a billboard on New Warrington Road near the Holiday Inn Express that reads....The way we treat our veterans says a lot about America (may not be word for word)....After reading this article and the posts I guess it does say a lot about our society...

That is sadly and shamefully true... how we treat our veterans does say a lot about us as a society. We live in a sick society that knows more about and is more interested in the Kim Kardashians and the Justin Biebers than it is in knowing about our own country's history and its relevance to what is going on in the world today.

Why should one care about those who have fought and died for our freedoms, liberties and country when they are bombarded with messages from the media that Hollywood "stars" are so much more significant? Our societal measuring stick is broken. We use money and fame to measure people, and that is the root of the problem. When we teach our children that Robert Pattison and Lady Gaga's contributions to society are greater than that of Major Jason E. George, Lt Leevi K. Barnard or Sgt Paul F. Brooks was, well... we need a new measuring stick.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

J-PAC Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: J-PAC Sucks   J-PAC Sucks EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 10:18 am

I saw an update in Navy Times about JPAC. Apparently JPAC has been doing a bunch of disgusting things like faking repatriation ceremonies, poor communications with families, shoddy science practices, and other unacceptable activities. J-PAC is being eliminated due to waste, mismanagement, and incompetence. A new Pentagon level office is being created to centralize recovery efforts including a DNA database to speed identification of recovered remains.

And per my prediction previously the current J-PAC never responded to my email. Sometimes karma takes a hunk out of you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

J-PAC Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: J-PAC Sucks   J-PAC Sucks Empty

Back to top Go down

J-PAC Sucks
Page 1 of 1