Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Virtual Wall

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nochain

nochain

The Virtual Wall Empty
PostSubject: The Virtual Wall   The Virtual Wall EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 7:36 am

This really is an amazing web site. Someone spent a lot of time and effort to create it.

The link below is a virtual wall of all those lost during the Vietnam war with the names, bio's and other information on our lost heroes. Those who remember that time frame, or perhaps lost friends or family can look them up on this site.

http://www.virtualwall.org/iStates.htm
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

The Virtual Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Virtual Wall   The Virtual Wall EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 8:08 am

nochain wrote:
This really is an amazing web site. Someone spent a lot of time and effort to create it.

The link below is a virtual wall of all those lost during the Vietnam war with the names, bio's and other information on our lost heroes. Those who remember that time frame, or perhaps lost friends or family can look them up on this site.

http://www.virtualwall.org/iStates.htm

Very nice site. Looked up a name from my very small town and remember that funeral and it stopped all activities and had nearly 100% turnout lining the streets. These events certainly brought the war and its consequences home.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

The Virtual Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Virtual Wall   The Virtual Wall EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 8:55 am

I looked up 4 that I knew and remember..
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

The Virtual Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Virtual Wall   The Virtual Wall EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 10:41 am

Very well done!

When I go to the Wall South in Pensacola, I have never left with a dry eye.

Many thanks to those who served our nation...
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Jake92

The Virtual Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Virtual Wall   The Virtual Wall EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 11:01 am

You're welcome Eric..
Back to top Go down

The Virtual Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Virtual Wall   The Virtual Wall EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 9:20 pm

Jake92 wrote:
I looked up 4 that I knew and remember..

I looked up one that I remembered from my teenaged years and realized there was another name there from my high school that I recognized.  I did not know he had died in Vietnam. He was a star basketball player at my high school, and the other young man was quite a good running back for our middle school football team. They both died way too young.

All those people with all those names died way too young.

Now we buy clothes off the rack from Vietnam.

I still don't know the point of it all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Virtual Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Virtual Wall   The Virtual Wall Empty

Back to top Go down

The Virtual Wall
Page 1 of 1