Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

record setting snake found in everglades :(

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

record setting snake found in everglades :( Empty
PostSubject: record setting snake found in everglades :(   record setting snake found in everglades :( EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 7:07 am

The biggest Burmese python ever caught in Florida — 17 feet, 7 inches long and 164½ pounds — was found in Everglades National Park, the University of Florida announced Monday.

The snake was pregnant with 87 eggs, also said to be a record. Scientists said the python's stats show just how pervasive the invasive snakes, which are native to Southeast Asia, have become in South Florida.

"It means these snakes are surviving a long time in the wild

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/13/17-foot-long-burmese-python-caught-in-everglades/#ixzz23WOdQKVQ

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: record setting snake found in everglades :(   record setting snake found in everglades :( EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:49 am

Holy shit! That's a big snake.

If they can eat deer, they can eat people!

Do they offer a bounty on Burmese Pythons?
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
yelladawg

yelladawg

PostSubject: Re: record setting snake found in everglades :(   record setting snake found in everglades :( EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:20 am

EricEricson wrote:
Holy shit! That's a big snake.

If they can eat deer, they can eat people!

Do they offer a bounty on Burmese Pythons?

Only in Burma.

The longest BurmaShave sign was 97 feet long in Pawdookie, Saskatchewan
Back to top Go down
http://warpedninblue.blogspot.com/
Granny4Peace

Granny4Peace

PostSubject: Re: record setting snake found in everglades :(   record setting snake found in everglades :( EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:22 am

I always loved those Burma Shave signs when I was a kid.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/g4p
Granny4Peace

Granny4Peace

PostSubject: Re: record setting snake found in everglades :(   record setting snake found in everglades :( EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:25 am

Sounds like we need to think up a tasty was to cook and eat python. Blackened python anyone?
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: record setting snake found in everglades :(   record setting snake found in everglades :( EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:58 am

record setting snake found in everglades :( Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuLTIXPNV_-h_KYG9Zf9yq_wjxiFIMsK_2OTwiNNS-rIEBYF3Uyg
record setting snake found in everglades :( Christian-Louboutin-python-ankle-boots-CL01101
Brand: Christian Louboutin
SKU: CL79030-US
Price:
$198.00 tax incl.
Women Size :
Quantity :
Note:
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: record setting snake found in everglades :(   record setting snake found in everglades :( EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:03 am

record setting snake found in everglades :( Cowboy%20boots%20new%20snake%20skin%20add
Back to top Go down
yelladawg

yelladawg

PostSubject: Re: record setting snake found in everglades :(   record setting snake found in everglades :( EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:52 pm

Granny4Peace wrote:
Sounds like we need to think up a tasty was to cook and eat python. Blackened python anyone?

That might be true,Granny, have you ever had rattlesnake? It is very tasty,deep fried or broiled. It reminds me of lobster. I was told by a Cajun that water moccasin is as good as rattlesnake.
Back to top Go down
http://warpedninblue.blogspot.com/
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: record setting snake found in everglades :(   record setting snake found in everglades :( EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:15 pm

I would eat some python.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: record setting snake found in everglades :(   record setting snake found in everglades :( EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:22 pm

how to cook python: fangers and mash
well, talk about close finishes! my final, 52nd animal for this momentous quest is possibly the weirdest of them all, at least i think so. python. the kind folk at osgrow sorted me with this beast so a round of applause goes to them! i ate the whole dish at 17:38 giving me a full 18 minutes of the 52nd week to relax. oh no wait, i can't relax yet as i have to actually finish this post! so here goes..

the python came skinned and in fillets, which smelled vaguely like popcorn. weird texture to the touch they looked quite bony. the packaging also lets us know that this python comes from vietnam.i heated up some oil (a lot of oil, whoops) in a big frying pan and lay a couple of slices of python to swim around. aptly, this caused a huge amount of spitting and i had to drain off a lot of the oil to combat this. as they were cooking a faint, pleasant aroma of popcorn filled the kitchen. i had swiftly made some mashed potatoes before cooking the python using, er, potatoes, oregano, basil, parsley, butter and milk. mmm creamy.
i dished the whole thing up, sans sauce, and thought i'd try my hand at presenting it in a really stylish manner. i think i succeeded. see the cunning placement of celery leaves on the python. classy. after tossing that away i tucked in (clock saying 17:38 woohoo!)
the python itself was very chewy, but totally boneless. it still gave off a popcorn-like aroma but a rather more moody taste, a bit like evil bacon. but the taste itself wasn't evil, it was rather good! the whole dish would have benefit from some sauce or gravy but as you might realise i was quite pushed for time on this one.

well my friends, my followers of food. this is it. number 52. i can't actually quite believe i have accomplished such an insane task. there has been ups and downs, strikes and miss strikes, tears and joy. okay there were never any tears but there has been a few gagging moments that may have sprouted a couple (not me of course, *ahem*). all i can say now is i must publish this and you can expect a big post either later this evening or tomorrow, thursday 11th (or perhaps the next day or the next etc..), with a nice big summary! and also what my next quest is and other goodies so stick around, take a pew and tuck i

record setting snake found in everglades :( P1010184

record setting snake found in everglades :( P1010191
record setting snake found in everglades :( P1010194
Back to top Go down
Granny4Peace

Granny4Peace

PostSubject: Re: record setting snake found in everglades :(   record setting snake found in everglades :( EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:18 pm

yelladawg wrote:
Granny4Peace wrote:

That might be true,Granny, have you ever had rattlesnake? It is very tasty,deep fried or broiled. It reminds me of lobster. I was told by a Cajun that water moccasin is as good as rattlesnake.

I have eaten rattlesnake, Yella. It was good. Also have had shark snapping turtle and alligator. I would totally try python.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: record setting snake found in everglades :(   record setting snake found in everglades :( Empty

Back to top Go down

record setting snake found in everglades :(
Page 1 of 1