Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Request....

Go down 
+2
Jake92
mediawatcher
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Request.... Empty
PostSubject: Request....    Request.... EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 9:45 am

Go to www.foxnews.com [understand that this alone may be difficult for some] and scroll down to about half way down the page and click of the video...The face of foodstamp abuse...watch and then see if there's a reason why many are tired of the fraud and paying for people like this....
Back to top Go down
Jake92

Request.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request....    Request.... EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 10:46 pm

I didn't see anything about foodstamps, but they probably changed everything since yesterday..
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

Request.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request....    Request.... EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 9:58 am

Jake92 wrote:
I didn't see anything about foodstamps, but they probably changed everything since yesterday..

Yes, they took it off, I watched it a few days ago, a surfer dude in California buying lobster etc, and feels like nothing is wrong taking food stamps - he "plays in a band", is healthy and looks to be in late 20's. The entitlement mentality!
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Request.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request....    Request.... EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:30 pm

nochain wrote:
Jake92 wrote:

Yes, they took it off, I watched it a few days ago, a surfer dude in California buying lobster etc, and feels like nothing is wrong taking food stamps - he "plays in a band", is healthy and looks to be in late 20's. The entitlement mentality!

Last edited by mediawatcher on Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Request.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request....    Request.... EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 4:29 pm

Hell, I was a surfer dude, unemployed (mostly) for a couple of years and was poor, but healthy as an ox. I drove an old Hudson Hornet that was primer gray. I didn't collect food stamps and managed just fine.

I agree that it doesn't look good that he was buying lobster but it isn't criminal if the system allows it. Maybe they need to outlaw certain "luxury" foods. Don't they outlaw cigarettes and alcohol?

Food stamps should be for milk, bread, rice, butter, flour, cheese, and stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

Request.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request....    Request.... EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 8:17 pm

I could not agree more that food stamps should be for milk, flour, eggs, beans, rice,... STAPLES. I think you all know that my financial situation has changed very dramatically in the past couple of years. Right now (hopefully not for long) I am working at a grocery store making a tenth of what I used to make (and I never collected unemployment or food stamps either, E). I just got moved to Produce (yay!), but while I was working on the Grocery side of the store I was shocked to learn what was WIC approved... all sorts of fancy, expensive organic and vegan stuff. And apparently you can buy all sorts of junk food with food stamps... wtf??
Back to top Go down

Request.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request....    Request.... EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 8:53 pm

Thousands of military families use food stamps every single day in this country.

The distaste that so many people have for food stamps comes from their perception that it's only cheaters and welfare moms who use them.That perception comes from news media outlets like
Fox that want to make it seem that way. This is fox propaganda. Fox News is nothing but another arm of the Republican party. I'm sure that spreading propaganda to those who already oppose food stamps was the purpose of this "news" piece as well.  The real truth is that most of the people who use food stamps are the working poor- people who work for those minimum wages that many think are high enough already. A lot of military families also use food stamps. They aren't buying lobster with the stamps.

We either have to subsidize those working  families  with food stamps or we have to raise the minimum wage to a livable level, as well as raising the pay of our lower level military so they won't qualify for the stamps anymore.

Take your pick, but opposing both is asking Americans to go hungry. It actually is that simple.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Request.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request....    Request.... EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 8:41 am

Otter wrote:
Thousands of military families use food stamps every single day in this country.

The distaste that so many people have for food stamps comes from their perception that it's only cheaters and welfare moms who use them.That perception comes from news media outlets like
Fox that want to make it seem that way. This is fox propaganda. Fox News is nothing but another arm of the Republican party.  I'm sure that spreading propaganda to those who already oppose food stamps was  the purpose of this "news" piece as well.  The real truth is that most of the people who use food stamps are the working poor- people who work for those minimum wages that many think are high enough already. A lot of military families also use food stamps. They aren't buying lobster with the stamps.

We either have to subsidize those working  families  with food stamps or we have to raise the minimum wage to a livable level, as well as raising the pay of our lower level military so they won't qualify for the stamps anymore.

Take your pick, but opposing both is asking Americans to go hungry. It actually is that simple.

Last edited by mediawatcher on Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Request.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request....    Request.... EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:25 pm

MW, can you please do us a favor and use paragraph breaks. It isn't mandatory, but I kinda go all googly-eyed when I read a long post without breaks.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Request.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request....    Request.... EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 7:58 pm

Eric wrote:
MW, can you please do us a favor and use paragraph breaks.  It isn't mandatory, but I kinda go all googly-eyed when I read a long post without breaks.

Last edited by mediawatcher on Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jake92

Request.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request....    Request.... EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 9:34 pm

I believe the problem that needs to be fixed is the waste and fraud, NOT the working poor and military getting food stamps..
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Request.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request....    Request.... EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 8:13 am

MW, I'm sorry if you think I am picking on you. I asked SeaOat several times to put in a few paragraph breaks when we were using the PNJ forum... and I wasn't a mod over there.

I really WANT to read your posts, but it is difficult to follow without a break once in a while. The breaks give me a place where I can pause and think about what was just written, before moving to the next thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

Request.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request....    Request.... EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 12:17 pm

I agree 100% Eric. I usually skip over the posts longer than 5 lines and especially the ones that copy and repeat the same few comments again and again..
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

Request.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request....    Request.... EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 7:05 am

Eric wrote:
MW, I'm sorry if you think I am picking on you.  I asked SeaOat several times to put in a few paragraph breaks when we were using the PNJ forum... and I wasn't a mod over there.

I really WANT to read your posts, but it is difficult to follow without a break once in a while.  The breaks give me a place where I can pause and think about what was just written, before moving to the next thoughts.

I saw MW yesterday, apparently it was issue with an iPad that didn't hold para breaks. Hopefully MW will continue to post, there are few enough people posting about politics as it is.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Request.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request....    Request.... EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 9:23 am

I agree. To get paragraph breaks with my iPad, sometimes I have to hit return twice. The first return puts the cursor on the next line and the second one puts a space between paragraphs.

It is obvious that he is passionate about his posts and this is what we need here. We don't sit eye to eye on police matters, but this is what makes discussion forums worthwhile. If everybody agreed with everybody else, forums would be pretty damn boring.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

Request.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request....    Request.... EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 4:38 pm

I agree about the paragraph breaks. I often go back and break up my own posts because I know how much long posts without breaks bug me.

Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Request.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request....    Request.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Request....
Page 1 of 1