Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Man, I HOPE this is true. Gates fails to update 8.1, goes back to 7!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Man, I HOPE this is true.  Gates fails to update 8.1, goes back to 7! Empty
PostSubject: Man, I HOPE this is true. Gates fails to update 8.1, goes back to 7!   Man, I HOPE this is true.  Gates fails to update 8.1, goes back to 7! EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 12:44 pm

Aaaaaaaahhhhaaaaahhhhaaaa  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz 

Quote :
REDMOND, WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Bill Gates’ first day at work in the newly created role of technology adviser got off to a rocky start yesterday as the Microsoft founder struggled for hours to install the Windows 8.1 upgrade.

The installation hit a snag early on, sources said, when Mr. Gates repeatedly received an error message informing him that his PC ran into a problem that it could not handle and needed to restart.

After failing to install the upgrade by lunchtime, Mr. Gates summoned the new Microsoft C.E.O. Satya Nadella, who attempted to help him with the installation, but with no success.

While the two men worked behind closed doors, one source described the situation as “tense.”

“Bill is usually a pretty calm guy, so it was weird to hear some of that language coming out of his mouth,” the source said.

A Microsoft spokesman said only that Mr. Gates’ first day in his new job had been “a learning experience” and that, for the immediate future, he would go back to running Windows 7.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: Man, I HOPE this is true. Gates fails to update 8.1, goes back to 7!   Man, I HOPE this is true.  Gates fails to update 8.1, goes back to 7! EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 11:14 pm

The first thing I did when I bought a new computer in August was to dump Windows 8 and format it back to Windows 7. Wouldn't it be great for that company to just admit they screwed up and go back to XP or 7 and then actually leave the OS alone for awhile?

Nah, it won't ever happen.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Man, I HOPE this is true. Gates fails to update 8.1, goes back to 7!   Man, I HOPE this is true.  Gates fails to update 8.1, goes back to 7! EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 2:22 am

Oooh, how I would love to get my paws on a nice laptop with XP Professional on it! I really don't like Windows 7 at all, so I can only imagine how I might feel about 8, lol!
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Man, I HOPE this is true. Gates fails to update 8.1, goes back to 7!   Man, I HOPE this is true.  Gates fails to update 8.1, goes back to 7! EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 9:47 am

Macbook Pro.

The crazy thing even repaired itself a month after one of my darling offspring spilled something on the keyboard.

Five years of perfection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Man, I HOPE this is true. Gates fails to update 8.1, goes back to 7!   Man, I HOPE this is true.  Gates fails to update 8.1, goes back to 7! Empty

Back to top Go down

Man, I HOPE this is true. Gates fails to update 8.1, goes back to 7!
Page 1 of 1