Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Executive Orders

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Executive Orders - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Executive Orders   Executive Orders - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 7:39 pm

I did find information about Clinton going to Moscow as a student. Here's an excerpt from the article I read:

Mr Clinton 's week-long visit to the Soviet capital, 23 years ago, had been part of a 40-day winter holiday touring Germany and Scandinavia while a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford. But Mr Clinton 's entire student experience, evading the Vietnam draft, taking part in anti-war demonstrations in Britain, and now the Moscow tour, are being conflated by the Republicans as something far more sinister.

It did not say that Clinton demonstrated against the war while in Moscow and there's no information about Hillary going over there at all. Clinton did protest the war while in Great Britain. Since I was around back in those days, I knew far too many people who opposed that war to hold a grudge against each and every one of them. I had members of my immediate family who were either pro-war or anti-war and they argued over it all the time. Some of them even protested in public. I had relatives that served there and friends that died there. As a matter of fact, history has proven the protestors were right, so I can't see any reason whatsoever to be angry with them at this point in time. They helped end the war earlier than it would have ended otherwise. They may have saved a lot of American soldiers lives by their protests.

I do agree with you that soldiers who are in the fray should be supported with the best equipment and weaponry available and given the best opportunity for a victory once they are sent there. I support that idea completely. And I also would like Obama to have kept his promise to close down Gitmo, even if he had to do it with an executive order. We need to get out of Afghanistan today- waiting until tomorrow is waiting a day too long, IMO. Obama hasn't kept his promises, I agree with you on that.

That's one reason I can't figure out why Republicans hate him so much. He has not been a liberal over the last 5 years and I don't think he will start being one now. Hillary isn't a liberal either and neither was Bill.
Liberals are people like Bernie Sanders and Howard Dean. I'd rather either of them be president than either Obama or Hillary.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Executive Orders   Executive Orders - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 5:07 am

Jake92 wrote:
Otter, I don't care how many women Clinton had sex with.  The biggest thing I dislike about him, and his f'ing wife is that they BOTH went to Russia and protested AGAINST our military during the Vietnam War after our military was sent in by Kennedy, another Democrat.

Again, the biggest problem is Reid and Pelosi doing everything possible for the ILLEGAL aliens, no matter how much it hurts the taxpayers..  I would LOVE changing the tax system to a national sales tax, so at least the ILLEGALS would be paying taxes on everything they buy, just like the legal citizens instead of paying NO income taxes..  

Clinton did nothing wrong legally until he raised his hand under oath and lied...perjury plain and simple...Doesn't matter what the lie was about when it comes time to make a statement under oath you're accountable for that statement and that's what got him disbarred...For most it wasn't about the skanks or the bimbo erruption it was perjury...
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Executive Orders   Executive Orders - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 7:21 am

mediawatcher wrote:
Jake92 wrote:
Otter, I don't care how many women Clinton had sex with.  The biggest thing I dislike about him, and his f'ing wife is that they BOTH went to Russia and protested AGAINST our military during the Vietnam War after our military was sent in by Kennedy, another Democrat.

Again, the biggest problem is Reid and Pelosi doing everything possible for the ILLEGAL aliens, no matter how much it hurts the taxpayers..  I would LOVE changing the tax system to a national sales tax, so at least the ILLEGALS would be paying taxes on everything they buy, just like the legal citizens instead of paying NO income taxes..  

Clinton did nothing wrong legally until he raised his hand under oath and lied...perjury plain and simple...Doesn't matter what the lie was about when it comes time to make a statement under oath you're accountable for that statement and that's what got him disbarred...For most it wasn't about the skanks or the bimbo erruption it was perjury...

A lot of people try to deflect by ignoring the lies under oath - you're right, that's what most folks found repulsive. And there were many other lies that kept the C's jumping from story to story but progressives memories are short when it comes to one of their own. Unlike their LONG memory of Bush's "mistakes". In short, they are hypocrites like Pelosi whining that "we didn't treat Bush this way". Now that massive lie should be awarded the most idiotic statement of the century award.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Executive Orders   Executive Orders - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 7:49 am

Jake92 wrote:
Clinton DID go to Moscow in 69/70..

I agree there is nothing wrong in being anti war, but everything wrong in NOT supporting the military who are already there after being sent by the president AND congress..
A few of the worst things are NOT giving them the tools they need due to political parties spending the time argueing rather than COMPROMISING and making sure they have what they need ie; hardened humvees to prevent injuries and deaths from IEDs and other things they want..

WHY not ensure they have flak jackets/bullet proof vests that will stop a bullet but costs more money??    (Many parents bought them in the states and sent them to their sons and daughters already in the middle east)..  

WHY spend billions on tanks that are NOT wanted and airplanes that are never used.  It's to keep people employed in tank and airplane factories..

WHY have our military wearing clothes that can't prevent burn injuries??  Nomex is used in some types of clothing used by the military, but not many..  Burns are some of the worst and costliest injuries to treat, but are very common with IEDs..

I would LOVE bringing the military back TODAY..  One of Obama's promises during his campaign in 2008 was to bring them home as soon as possible..  They are still there, but with less support than ever..  Another campaign promise was to close the prison in Cuba and do something with the prisoners..  They are still there..  

His letter to a general to keep him out of the military...."I loathe the military"....Jake...you are correct and right on the point..to protest against the government is one thing  but the disgusting way the Vietnam Veterans very treated is not excusable and those that did that are the lowest forms of life one can imagine...The silver lining in this is the Vietnam Veterans are some of the HUGE supporters of the troops today and instead of whining and feeling sorry for themselves they have played a major part in making sure that today's troops NEVER feel as they did...that's class!...These are some of the same people that provide a line between 'protesters' and those involved in military funerals...again class!....Sadly there a pieces of crap like Hanoi Jane that some consider a roll model perhaps one of thousands of names on the Vietnam Memorial would be better suited and recognized as a role model...but you have to consider the source....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Executive Orders   Executive Orders - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Executive Orders
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2