Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term Empty
PostSubject: Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term   Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 8:59 am

Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term Morgandavid223From NorthEscambia.com:  Incumbent David Morgan prefiled Monday to seek the office of Escambia County Sheriff in the 2016 election.

If elected, this would be Morgan’s third term as sheriff. In the 2012, he received 77 percent of the vote over 23 percent for challenger John Powell. Republican Morgan defeated Democratic challenger Larry Scapecchi by a margin of 52.6 percent to 47.4 percent in the 2008  election.

Morgan is the first candidate to prefile for any Escambia County office in 2016.

I don't know the man, but I don't care for the way he embellished his uniform with military ribbons.  What title did he buy one time (and let it lapse)?  Lord?  Delusions of grandeur?

Does anybody here know him?  What is he really like?
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term   Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 9:09 am

Eric wrote:
Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term Morgandavid223From NorthEscambia.com:  Incumbent David Morgan prefiled Monday to seek the office of
Escambia County Sheriff in the 2016 election.

If elected, this would be Morgan’s third term as sheriff. In the 2012, he received 77 percent of the
vote over 23 percent for challenger John Powell. Republican Morgan defeated Democratic
challenger Larry Scapecchi by a margin of 52.6 percent to 47.4 percent in the 2008  election.

Morgan is the first candidate to prefile for any Escambia County office in 2016.

I don't know the man, but I don't care for the way he embellished his uniform with military ribbons.  What title did he buy one time (and let it lapse)?  Lord?  Delusions of grandeur?

Does anybody here know him?  What is he really like?

Just as you preceive him to be....wears his military medals on his civilian uniform and yes he had some Order of ______ Medal which he purchased and allowed to lapse and that group was none too happy to see him wearing it on a campaign poster...Not a criticism of his medals which he earned for Honorable service but to display them on his Sheriff Uniform explains the monsterous ego he has....That being said there is no doubt that this county will keep him in office for a third term because of no one to run against him and there are some that believe he's done a good job....he might say a humdinger of a job....
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term   Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 9:22 am

I have never been able to grasp what sort of an ex-military man would wear his medals on a civilian uniform (or any ofther garment). That completely escapes all logic and possible explanation to me. The decorated military guys I know never even talk about stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term   Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 9:28 am

Ricey, I think I read where, after reading criticism in the press, he removed his military decorations from his Sheriff's Office uniform.  Maybe I'm wrong.

Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term   Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 9:32 am

riceme wrote:
I have never been able to grasp what sort of an ex-military man would wear his medals on a civilian uniform (or any ofther garment). That completely escapes all logic and possible explanation to me. The decorated military guys I know never even talk about stuff like that.

There are some type functions where it is acceptable and proper...but just wonder what would happen if a deputy that served or is serving decided to wear ribbons that he/she earned mixed with ribbons earned by the sheriff's office..first what would be the correct order to display?...And there is another personality trait of the current sheriff he may wear them because his lack of civilian law enforcement experience and not being a certified law enforcement officer in the state of florida...although not a requirement but he promised to do so several years ago....But you are correct most that served and or retired prefer do not act in this manner....
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term   Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 9:33 am

Eric wrote:
Ricey, I think I read where, after reading criticism in the press, he removed his military decorations from his Sheriff's Office uniform.  Maybe I'm wrong.

Except of his formal sheriff's office jacket...and yes there were several high ranking retirees in the area that were not happy with the sheriff...
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term   Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 9:43 am

mediawatcher wrote:
riceme wrote:

There are some type functions where it is acceptable and proper...but just wonder what would happen if a deputy that served or is serving decided to wear ribbons that he/she earned mixed with ribbons earned by the sheriff's office..first what would be the correct order to display?...And there is another personality trait of the current sheriff he may wear them because his lack of civilian law enforcement experience and not being a certified law enforcement officer in the state of florida...although not a requirement but he promised to do so several years ago....But you are correct most that served and or retired prefer do not act in this manner....

Interesting question you pose, and theory for why he might have worn the medals like that. 

Many medals are earned because of something horrific that happened... something most would just as soon forget, not remember by wearing on an out of context (uhh, "wrong"??) uniform in an out of context situation. ...Just to dig deeper on why his behavior was so odd to me.

I hope someone more suitable appears so you all can get quit of this joker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term   Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:01 pm

I voted for him twice but I won't do so again. I had no idea what a mess the county jail was until it became such a problem the county had to take it over.
His deputies have been allowed to go on shooting sprees over the last year and he's backed them up every time.

I thought when we voted out Lowman we would get better.
I think we did for a couple of years at least. Not anymore though.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term   Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:09 pm

I liked Jim Lowman as a person.  He used to come out to my daddy's marina on Perdido Key and go fishing a lot.

I don't know how he was as a Sheriff, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term   Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:26 pm

Eric wrote:
I liked Jim Lowman as a person.  He used to come out to my daddy's marina on Perdido Key and go fishing a lot.

I don't know how he was as a Sheriff, though.

My main problem with Lowman was the same one I'm having with Morgan. He didn't take responsibility for the actions of his Deputies and he never got rid of them when they went out of bounds.
The taser death of a guy in his cell was the final straw for me. The guy was named Bogan and Lowman defended his deputies to the end in what was obviously an unnecessary event. Lowman had actually gotten elected because of support from the black community after the previous sheriffs deputies had hunted down a drug dealer the day he was released from jail and shot him in the back of the head out in Ensley.
Lowman did seem like a nice guy when he went into office. I just wonder if getting the position ruins people.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term   Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 8:58 am

I see he is not wearing his Knighthood, Order of St. John of Jerusalem bauble in this photo. Must have been taken after he forgot to pay his annual dues....LOL

Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term Morganswear11
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term   Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 9:02 am

nochain wrote:
I see he is not wearing his Knighthood, Order of St. John of Jerusalem bauble in this photo. Must have been taken after he forgot to pay his annual dues....LOL

Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term Morganswear11

After the Order had an article in the paper and exposed the cheapskate....it disappeared....
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term   Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 10:39 am

I strongly supported Sheriff Morgan during the past two elections. I will not do so again. His support of the deputies who shot that man in his own driveway was the final straw for me.

Anybody know who his opponent will be?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term   Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 11:29 am

Mel, he is the first and only person to declare his candidacy for Sheriff.  He doesn't have any official competition yet.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term   Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 11:37 am

Eric wrote:
Mel, he is the first and only person to declare his candidacy for Sheriff.  He doesn't have any official competition yet.

I didn't think so. It will be fun to speculate about who will run against him.  bounce affraid 
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term   Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 10:22 pm

Melissa wrote:
Eric wrote:

I didn't think so. It will be fun to speculate about who will run against him.  bounce affraid 

I'd love to see someone from either the State Troopers or from the City of Pensacola run against him. I'd like to think we could get some change from a county deputy running against him,but I just don't trust anybody from that system anymore.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term   Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 8:50 am

The way things go, if an underling challenges, he will instantly be demoted and investigated on trumped-up charges.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term   Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term Empty

Back to top Go down

Sheriff Morgan Prefiles to run for 3rd Term
Page 1 of 1