Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rick's Blog Criticizes Fish Hatchery

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Rick's Blog Criticizes Fish Hatchery Empty
PostSubject: Rick's Blog Criticizes Fish Hatchery   Rick's Blog Criticizes Fish Hatchery EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 4:21 pm

http://ricksblog.biz/fish-hatchery-puts-to-question-the-consistency-of-haywards-economic-development-policies/

Rick Outzen criticizes the Fish Hatchery development because it uses more land than Studer's office complex and Beck Properties' development (@200 workers) that pay leases and property taxes.  The 19 Million dollar hatchery will not pay taxes and have only 19 employees.

Outzen opposes it because it is not good business sense.  I agree... to a point.

What he is not considering is that the hatchery will produce a product that will help bring tourist dollars from recreational fishing.  The decline in grass beds in our waters will probably continue and grass beds provide quality habitat for spawning and early growth of much of our seafood. If we want to have an adequate amount of seafood, I suspect a hatchery will help.

You cannot easily calculate the dollars a hatchery will generate, but I believe a hatchery is a valuable resource.  Now, there may be a better place to put one, but I suspect other locations will be objected to by nearby residents.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Rick's Blog Criticizes Fish Hatchery   Rick's Blog Criticizes Fish Hatchery EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 10:29 am

I think the fish hatchery is a great idea. The purpose of the BP funds is to restore the Gulf, and the hatchery will help do that.

As a community, we need to look at the long term benefits of any project that utilizes BP funds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Rick's Blog Criticizes Fish Hatchery   Rick's Blog Criticizes Fish Hatchery EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 10:59 am

Are you sure the BP money is not intended to line the pockets of a few businessmen?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Rick's Blog Criticizes Fish Hatchery   Rick's Blog Criticizes Fish Hatchery EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:04 am

It seems as if Outzen is against any progress that effects Pensacola.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rick's Blog Criticizes Fish Hatchery   Rick's Blog Criticizes Fish Hatchery Empty

Back to top Go down

Rick's Blog Criticizes Fish Hatchery
Page 1 of 1