Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday?

Go down 
+2
riceme
Eric
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday? Empty
PostSubject: Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday?   Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday? EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 10:52 am

We set up a tent and roughed it for 3 days, just to save $40 on an Xbox One... NOT!

I cannot believe that people do that kinda shit, just to be the first person to have that next great thing before everybody else. They get to be the ones to report the bugs to the manufacturer. I'll usually wait to get the new thingy after some reviews have been made and if necessary, the manufacturer has issued a fix.

Christine has already done her shopping and I have ordered some stuff online. I might go down to the mall today and see the crowds. I like crowds and the mall is so close I can see it from my back deck. It is a nice mall too, with two 6-story parking decks with elevators and ramps going into the second story level of the mall. It has a humongous skylight and hey advertise that the mall is the largest tourist destination attraction in Alabama. This time of year they have it elegantly decorated.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday?   Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday? EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 7:02 pm

You could not pay me good money to go shopping today... not for love nor money. Crowds make me panic. My cousin asked if I was going shopping today and I kind of looked at him funny, then his wife answered, "Ahh, you HAVE met her, right??"

There are so many beatiful places in Alabama, it's kind of depressing to me to think of a shopping mall with a 6-story parking structure as being the #1 tourist destination. :'( Tell me it ain't so.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday?   Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday? EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 8:30 am

Not even for a million bucks.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday?   Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday? EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 10:44 pm

I went to WalMart for Dawn dish soap and that was all I bought.... LOL
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday?   Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday? EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 1:45 am

I went to work and picked up a couple groceries cos there was no one else there. Extra bonus was that on top of there being some super sweet post-Thanksgiving sales, everything in the grocery store is 10% off right now so I stocked up on some staples.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday?   Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday? EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 3:43 pm

I am glad you brought work up, Ricey. I didn't want to ask if you had found work, just in case you were still looking.

Instead of buying staples at the grocery store, I'd a bought some food.jocolor 
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday?   Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday? EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 7:38 pm

Yes, thanks, E... I am happy to report that my research was accurate and I made the right move for that and other reasons. The job market up here is awesome for me. I meant to have told you that... sowwy Smile.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday?   Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday? EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 10:13 am

Funny how everyone is so thankful for what they have on Thursday and then burning through the credit cards on Friday for what they need Smile. I have to confess I shopped some online and will shop locally in the next week - hard - out of appreciation for the local family businesses.

Now as for being out and about for the crowds...I drove the empty streets of Orange Beach, Gulf Shores and Pensacola on Saturday running errands in the ghost towns whose citizenry were worshipping at their flat screen football altars...and STILL made it home to watch the AU-AL game.
cheers 

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday?   Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday? EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 10:20 am

Funny you should mention that SS. If a gadget plugs into the wall or runs on batteries... I WANT IT!

We have a relatively new Samsung 55-incher, but those 80-inch TVs have me salivating. I cannot get enough stereo stuff either. In our two houses, we probably have 8 speakers in each house including Klipsch powered subwoofers in each house. I likes da boom-boom.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday?   Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday? EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 10:29 am

Ha, funny. I have made it known to the men in my life that I don't need any presents...but if they are ever so inclined...if it needs to be plugged into the wall....put it back on the shelf and keep right on moving.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday?   Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday? EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 1:59 pm

riceme wrote:
Yes, thanks, E... I am happy to report that my research was accurate and I made the right move for that and other reasons. The job market up here is awesome for me. I meant to have told you that... sowwy Smile.
So glad to hear that, Riceme! cheers 
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday?   Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday? EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 10:55 am

We went to New Orleans that day and visited the Costco there. It wasn't crowded. I guess the "membership" thing kept most of the shoppers away. Costcos are fantastic. They're cheaper than Sam's and have more variety. They're also employee friendly.
We only bought some pastries on Friday but we also had a beef brisket sandwich that was amazing. The sign said it was barbeque beef brisket sandwich with cole slaw. I assumed cole slaw was on the side. No. It was on the sandwich with the beef. I'm picky about my cole slaw so I was afraid I'd bite down and toss the rest, but it was amazing. I've never seen it done that way.
I wish we had a Costco here in Town.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday?   Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday? EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 11:34 am

That's the South Carolina BBQ sandwich version.  Heavy on the Vinegar, too.

I am more in tune with Memphis BBQ.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday?   Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday? Empty

Back to top Go down

Alright, so who is going (or has already been) shopping on Black Friday?
Page 1 of 1