Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chinese Dog Treats

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Chinese Dog Treats Empty
PostSubject: Chinese Dog Treats   Chinese Dog Treats EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 3:24 pm

As reported by Fox News...

The Food and Drug Administration issued an alert to consumers about the illnesses and deaths tied to jerky treats from China. According to officials, the exact cause of death remains unknown. Health officials are warning dog owners to be cautious about feeding their dogs jerky treats as they continue to investigate these illnesses. Nearly 600 dogs are dead, and more than 3,000 are sick.

“This is one of the most elusive and mysterious outbreaks we’ve encountered,” Bernadette Dunham, director of the FDA’s Center for Veterinary Medicine, said in a statement. “Our beloved four-legged companions deserve our best effort, and we are giving it.”

Reports from pet owners and vets regarding jerky treat-related illnesses date back to 2007 and have affected 3,600 dogs and 10 cats in the U.S.A. Approximately 580 of those pets have perished, according to a news release.

Officials say the number of reports may have declined because fewer jerky treats were available to consumers. Following reports of tainted treats, a number of pet jerky treats were pulled from the market earlier this year.

How Do I Know If My Pet Is Sick?

Symptoms observed within hours of eating the treats include:

Decreased appetite
Vomiting
Diarrhea
Decreased activity
Increased water consumption
Increased urination

If your pet has any of these symptoms, please contact your vet ASAP!

Severe cases have involved kidney failure and gastrointestinal bleeding, the FDA said.

“Our fervent hope as animal lovers is that we will soon find the cause of—and put a stop to—these illnesses,” Dunham said.

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Chinese Dog Treats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chinese Dog Treats   Chinese Dog Treats EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 3:59 pm

This is the reason I don't buy chicken jerky. I remember reading about chicken jerky from China a year or so ago, too.

My pups like Puperoni.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Chinese Dog Treats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chinese Dog Treats   Chinese Dog Treats EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 5:47 pm

My pups need something a tad larger, Eric.  Laughing 

I always bought horse supplies from Jeffers.com in Dothan and continue to buy dog supplies  there as they carefully list which ones are USA made and which are not.

Dam Chinese should be hung for selling that garbage!Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chinese Dog Treats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chinese Dog Treats   Chinese Dog Treats Empty

Back to top Go down

Chinese Dog Treats
Page 1 of 1