Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

$5 Billion for new Army uniforms that need to be replaced (with new uniforms)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

$5 Billion for new Army uniforms that need to be replaced (with new uniforms) Empty
PostSubject: $5 Billion for new Army uniforms that need to be replaced (with new uniforms)   $5 Billion for new Army uniforms that need to be replaced (with new uniforms) EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 3:35 pm

http://www.thedailybeast.com/the-hero-project/articles/2013/10/14/the-army-s-5-billion-new-uniform-already-being-replaced.html

Eight years after spending $5 billion on a heavily-criticized universal camouflage pattern, the Army is back at the drawing board looking for a new design that’s estimated to cost another $4 billion.

$5 Billion for new Army uniforms that need to be replaced (with new uniforms) 1381710142533.cached

Quote :
In 2004, the Army decided to scrap the two traditional camouflage uniforms that had long been used by the military—one meant for woodland environments, another for the desert—and claimed to have come up with a universal pattern that could be worn anywhere and blend in with any environment. The $5 billion dollar experiment with the universal pattern is over as the Army is phasing out the uniform after less than a decade of use. But many soldiers and observers are wondering why it took this long and cost this much to replace an item that performed poorly from the start during a period when the money could have been spent on other critical needs, like potentially life saving improvements to military vehicles and body armor.
There is an extensive article... see the link at the top - Eric
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

$5 Billion for new Army uniforms that need to be replaced (with new uniforms) Empty
PostSubject: Re: $5 Billion for new Army uniforms that need to be replaced (with new uniforms)   $5 Billion for new Army uniforms that need to be replaced (with new uniforms) EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 5:04 pm

Trees are green.

Sand is beige or brown or white.
It's not green.

Only a military mind would have ever thought you could camo everything with one uniform.
What a waste of taxpayer money.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: $5 Billion for new Army uniforms that need to be replaced (with new uniforms)   $5 Billion for new Army uniforms that need to be replaced (with new uniforms) EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 12:49 pm

Seems like a helluva thing to experiment on.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: $5 Billion for new Army uniforms that need to be replaced (with new uniforms)   $5 Billion for new Army uniforms that need to be replaced (with new uniforms) EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 3:24 pm

Not to mention blue cammies for sailors on ships....Just what I would want to be wearing if I fell over the side at sea....

$5 Billion for new Army uniforms that need to be replaced (with new uniforms) Uniform_navy_nwu_700_01

While I was in the Navy my last active duty command involved lots of operations with Marines and Army units. We primarily operated off small boats and beaches but we were issued forest green cammies. When I took a team to Desert Storm we were issued desert cammies but had to turn them in when we got back and it was back to greens. Made no sense to me since the desert cammies were then sent to DRMO for disposal. Meanwhile we continued operating in beach environments wearing GREEN...
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: $5 Billion for new Army uniforms that need to be replaced (with new uniforms)   $5 Billion for new Army uniforms that need to be replaced (with new uniforms) EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 8:23 pm

Brilliant. I love it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: $5 Billion for new Army uniforms that need to be replaced (with new uniforms)   $5 Billion for new Army uniforms that need to be replaced (with new uniforms) Empty

Back to top Go down

$5 Billion for new Army uniforms that need to be replaced (with new uniforms)
Page 1 of 1