Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

I had to do some housecleaning today (personal info posted)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eric

PostSubject: I had to do some housecleaning today (personal info posted)   Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:07 pm

I'm not going to identify the thread or those involved, but I "sanitized" a thread where information of a personal nature was posted. I don't believe the posting of this information was done maliciously and it didn't specifically name a user of this forum. It has been bugging me for a while since I read it and I should have sanitized the thread when I first read it.

Nonetheless, it was personal information and we don't want to "go there".

We all have public lives that should remain detached from our online identities... except for me, I guess, where I use my real name, lol. For instance, if Mediawatcher is really President Obama (what an absurd statement, I know), and someone here knows who he is, please don't identify his username with his real name.

'nuff said.

p.s. Mediawatcher, I couldn't resist...Laughing 

nochain

PostSubject: Re: I had to do some housecleaning today (personal info posted)   Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:11 pm

Eric wrote:
I'm not going to identify the thread or those involved, but I "sanitized" a thread where information of a personal nature was posted.  I don't believe the posting of this information was done maliciously and it didn't specifically name a user of this forum.  It has been bugging me for a while since I read it and I should have sanitized the thread when I first read it.

Nonetheless, it was personal information and we don't want to "go there".  

We all have public lives that should remain detached from our online identities... except for me, I guess, where I use my real name, lol.  For instance, if Mediawatcher is really President Obama (what an absurd statement, I know), and someone here knows who he is, please don't identify his username with his real name.

'nuff said.

p.s.  Mediawatcher, I couldn't resist...Laughing 
That was good! We all know M/W voted twice for BHO!!!!!
Back to top Go down

I had to do some housecleaning today (personal info posted)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: Misc :: Admin Notes-
Jump to: