Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Huffpo reports that Tom Clancy (author) has died at 66

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Huffpo reports that Tom Clancy (author) has died at 66 Empty
PostSubject: Huffpo reports that Tom Clancy (author) has died at 66   Huffpo reports that Tom Clancy (author) has died at 66 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 12:01 pm

I really like his books... somewhat predictable, but very well written, IMO.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/02/tom-clancy-dead_n_4029876.html

Quote :
Tom Clancy, a celebrated author of crime fiction and military thrillers, died on Tuesday in a hospital in Baltimore. He was 66.

Ivan Held, the president of Putnam Books, Clancy's publisher, confirmed his death to the New York Times, adding that Clancy "was a thrill to work with." He did not provide a cause of death.

Clancy was born in Baltimore, Maryland on April 12, 1947. He is the author of the popular Jack Ryan series, among many others. His novels have repeatedly been #1 on the New York Times Bestseller list, and four of his books have been adapted for film, including his first, "The Hunt for Red October." His latest book, "Command Authority," is slated for publication this December.

Although most of his writing involved fictionalized accounts of the aftermath of the Cold War, Clancy has also penned a slew of nonfiction titles, including his "Guided Tours" inside nuclear warships and Air Force combat wings.

In addition to his literary ventures, Clancy co-founded Red Storm Entertainment, a video game developer that created games mostly based on the plots of his books, such as "Rainbow Six."
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Huffpo reports that Tom Clancy (author) has died at 66   Huffpo reports that Tom Clancy (author) has died at 66 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 12:43 pm

I know, I saw that. Sad. I liked his books. He was young, too....only 66.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Huffpo reports that Tom Clancy (author) has died at 66   Huffpo reports that Tom Clancy (author) has died at 66 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 1:16 pm

I recall delivering his newspaper - a weekly paper in Southern Maryland when I was in school. That was before he started writing books though. I have most of them but don't care for the "co-authored" books he did the last few years.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Huffpo reports that Tom Clancy (author) has died at 66   Huffpo reports that Tom Clancy (author) has died at 66 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 1:57 pm

"The Hunt For Red October" was my favorite Tom Clancy novel. I enjoyed all the books of his that I have read.

RIP Tom.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Huffpo reports that Tom Clancy (author) has died at 66   Huffpo reports that Tom Clancy (author) has died at 66 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 2:00 pm

I just picked up 4 of his books... on audio disks. Yeah, some were co-written.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Huffpo reports that Tom Clancy (author) has died at 66   Huffpo reports that Tom Clancy (author) has died at 66 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 4:55 pm

A LOT of the things the subs did in the Hunt For Red October are actually things they do.. YES, a submarine can come 100% out of the water, bank in the turns, and dive or surface at some pretty steep angles.. It's fun holding a glass 12" under the spout and 12" to the right or left of the spout when you fill up your glass.. It's also fun trying to stand on a deck (floor) that's at a 45 degree angle..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Huffpo reports that Tom Clancy (author) has died at 66   Huffpo reports that Tom Clancy (author) has died at 66 Empty

Back to top Go down

Huffpo reports that Tom Clancy (author) has died at 66
Page 1 of 1