Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elon Musk: I’ll release the Hyperloop plans, but I’m too busy to build it myself

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Elon Musk: I’ll release the Hyperloop plans, but I’m too busy to build it myself Empty
PostSubject: Elon Musk: I’ll release the Hyperloop plans, but I’m too busy to build it myself   Elon Musk: I’ll release the Hyperloop plans, but I’m too busy to build it myself EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 11:36 am

ExtremeTech Article

I am happy this project was dropped. It was too far-fetched and would have ruined Musk.

A small quote from the article...

Elon Musk: I’ll release the Hyperloop plans, but I’m too busy to build it myself Elon-musk-tesla-ceo-640x353

Quote :
In a disappointing but not wholly unexpected twist, (Tesla Motors and SpaceX) founder Elon Musk has admitted that his Hyperloop — a proposed mode of transport that will get passengers from LA to San Francisco in 30 minutes, traveling close to the speed of sound — is “extremely speculative.” Furthermore, Musk also says that he doesn’t intend to build the Hyperloop himself — rather, he will publicly share his plans on August 12, and then let other people build it.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

Elon Musk: I’ll release the Hyperloop plans, but I’m too busy to build it myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elon Musk: I’ll release the Hyperloop plans, but I’m too busy to build it myself   Elon Musk: I’ll release the Hyperloop plans, but I’m too busy to build it myself EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 11:44 am

Wow, I had not read about this project, which sort of surprises me because I follow SpaceX closely. I'm glad EM made the decision to focus on SpaceX (and Tesla) for a number of reasons, but selfishly, because I currently have résumés in with both SpaceX and The Spaceship Company (Virgin Galactic), their competitor, who built Space Ship One and Two.

I think this is an amazing idea that could be ahead of its time... I think it's really exciting that he's going to release his plans to allow the other brilliant minds of this world to work through the issues and advance this technology! He is a smart man... this was the right thing to do. I'm going to add this to my Google News feed!

Great article, E... Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Elon Musk: I’ll release the Hyperloop plans, but I’m too busy to build it myself   Elon Musk: I’ll release the Hyperloop plans, but I’m too busy to build it myself EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 6:31 pm

riceme wrote:
Wow, I had not read about this project, which sort of surprises me because I follow SpaceX closely. I'm glad EM made the decision to focus on SpaceX (and Tesla) for a number of reasons, but selfishly, because I currently have résumés in with both SpaceX and The Spaceship Company (Virgin Galactic), their competitor, who built Space Ship One and Two.

I think this is an amazing idea that could be ahead of its time... I think it's really exciting that he's going to release his plans to allow the other brilliant minds of this world to work through the issues and advance this technology! He is a smart man... this was the right thing to do. I'm going to add this to my Google News feed!

Great article, E... Thanks for sharing!
You are welcome, Ricey. For the same reason that a High-Speed train system would not work in the US (geographically too large), a vacuum tube system would bankrupt anybody or any company that tried to build one here. Pneumatic tubes like we have had for decades at bank teller windows are nothing new and a country-wide pneumatic transport system has been discussed for 50 years or more. Quite frankly, I was floored when Musk announced earlier this year that he was going to build a pneumatic transport system across the US. My thoughts were that he has really lost his mind!

The Tesla cars seem to be worthwhile endeavors and the SpaceX vehicles may be a good thing too.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Elon Musk: I’ll release the Hyperloop plans, but I’m too busy to build it myself   Elon Musk: I’ll release the Hyperloop plans, but I’m too busy to build it myself EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 1:50 pm

Oh my! E, my buddy, my brother, my friend... I thought you knew better than to mention the high-speed rail project in my presence. ACK!!!

I'm gonna spare you all my rant this time. I've alredy ranted on the subject here @EdPNS. Plus, my laptop crapped-out and I'm posting from my phone. When it rains, it pours... and I'm having my very own personal monsoon season, lol.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Elon Musk: I’ll release the Hyperloop plans, but I’m too busy to build it myself   Elon Musk: I’ll release the Hyperloop plans, but I’m too busy to build it myself EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:14 pm

Sorry to hear that, Ricey. Laptops can be a pain in the Patootie! There isn't much that can be done to fix 'em unless it's the RAM or maybe a wifi adaptor (if it isn't on the mobo).
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Elon Musk: I’ll release the Hyperloop plans, but I’m too busy to build it myself   Elon Musk: I’ll release the Hyperloop plans, but I’m too busy to build it myself EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:32 pm

Eric wrote:
Sorry to hear that, Ricey.  Laptops can be a pain in the Patootie!  There isn't much that can be done to fix 'em unless it's the RAM or maybe a wifi adaptor (if it isn't on the mobo).
Thanks, E... I'll be okay. I am blessed with good health, as is my family, and those things are the most important of all. In that vein, there are people in the world with REAL problems and I am not one of them.

I'mma shoot you an email about my laptop issue, so check it in a bit please, if you would? Thanks, hon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elon Musk: I’ll release the Hyperloop plans, but I’m too busy to build it myself   Elon Musk: I’ll release the Hyperloop plans, but I’m too busy to build it myself Empty

Back to top Go down

Elon Musk: I’ll release the Hyperloop plans, but I’m too busy to build it myself
Page 1 of 1