Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Formerly Newest Random Pics

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formerly Newest Random Pics   Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 11:04 am

My son does this with steel wool... twirl ignited steel wool at the end of a string on a long exposure photo. This isn't one of his, but I think light painting on long exposures is cool.

Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 ThhnNkP
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Formerly Newest Random Pics   Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 11:25 am

Dominoes isn't used to compliments, it seems Razz 

Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 Domgrab
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Formerly Newest Random Pics   Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 11:22 am

Nah, I don't think I would surf in that crap... (Indonesia)

Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 O-ZAKNOYLE-900
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Formerly Newest Random Pics   Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 1:22 pm

Light Pillars over Moscow.

Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 The-15-craziest-things-in-nature-you-wont-believe-actually-exist-8

According to Wikipedia
Quote :
Light pillars are a kind of optical phenomenon which is formed by the reflection of sunlight or moonlight by ice crystals that are present in the Earth's atmosphere.

The light pillar looks like a thin column that extends vertically above and/or below the source of light. The light pillar is prominently visible when the Sun is low or lies below the horizon. It normally forms an arc that extends from five to ten degrees beyond the solar disc. Light pillars can sometimes also be seen arising from the Moon.

Light pillars are formed by reflection from ice crystals with roughly horizontal faces.

Light pillars have also been known to produce false UFO reports. Niagara Falls is one such area, where the mist from the Niagara Falls causes the phenomenon to appear frequently during the winter months, where the ice crystals interact with the city's many upward facing spotlights to create prominent light pillars.

Light Pillars could also be formed by man made light sources.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Formerly Newest Random Pics   Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 1:50 pm

Nagasaki, 20 minutes after the A-bomb exploded.

Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 Awesome_photos_collected_from_history_06
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Formerly Newest Random Pics   Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 1:51 pm

Willard Scott, the original Ronald McDonald.

Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 Historical-photos-pt3-mcdonalds-ronald-original-1963
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Formerly Newest Random Pics   Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 1:56 pm

Titanic leaves port in 1912.

Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 Awesome_photos_collected_from_history_14
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Formerly Newest Random Pics   Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 1:58 pm

The first WalMart.

Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 Rare-photos-first-wal-mart-store
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Formerly Newest Random Pics   Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:01 pm

An airman being captured by Vietnamese civilians in Truc Bach Lake, Hanoi in 1967
The airman is John McCain. He was a POW until 1973.

Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 Awesome_photos_collected_from_history_19
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Formerly Newest Random Pics   Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 11:04 am

NASA plotted all the orbits of Potentially Hazardous Asteroids onto one map. To qualify as a PHA, an asteroid needs to be fairly large — at least 460 feet (140 meters) in size — and follow orbits that pass close to the Earth's orbit — within 4.7 million miles (7.5 million kilometers).

But a PHA is not necessarily on a collision course with Earth. And in fact, none of these PHAs is considered a threat for the next 100 years. But by continuing to observe and track these asteroids, NASA hopes to refine their orbits so that they can make more precise predictions in the future.

More Info

Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 Ku-bigpic
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Formerly Newest Random Pics   Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 3:44 am

Eric wrote:
Ricey, I don't know of any volcanic geothermal activity in the Southeast.  
Hmm... I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure there are some in West Virginia, which is technically a Southern state, isn't it? It sure seems like it if it's not, haha. I wonder about the Carolinas, Tennessee, etc. ?? I really don't know that much at all about the geology of the Southeast.

Speaking of WV and whether or not it's a part of the South, all of the Kansans I ever met consider Kansas to be either a Southern or Western state, which I always told them was 100% wishful thinking on their part, either way you slice it. That is very likely not the case in the cities (all two of them), but you know... I lived in the boonies. It's in the Midwest, for crying out loud! They just didn't want to be associated with Missouri (pronounced, "Misery") haha.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Formerly Newest Random Pics   Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 3:54 am

Are you in a dark place, E? Do we need to come rescue you?? Ply you with margaritas and funny stories, perhaps? Nagasaki, The Titanic, John McCain's capture (what a terribly sad photo!), PHAs,... You're worrying me.

The NASA shot reminded me that when I was over at the Valencia's for Poppi's 65th birthday on Saturday night, we were sitting on the patio and I saw the biggest shooting star I've ever seen go right over the ridge in front of us. If I held my fist at arm's length in front of my eyes, it would have appeared to be about half the size of my fist. Amazing.

OH! Mama Valencia sent me a picture of the Supermoon she took in June and it's very good. I'll see if I can post it.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Formerly Newest Random Pics   Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 4:00 am

Easy-peasey...

Awesome 23 June 2013 Supermoon as seen from the Southern Sierra Nevadas:

Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 2013June_Supermoon
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Formerly Newest Random Pics   Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 8:39 am

When you see it...

Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 XLAyXRo
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Formerly Newest Random Pics   Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 8:57 am

Another pregnancy... so...

Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 Dl9qcBJ
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Formerly Newest Random Pics   Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 9:30 am

riceme wrote:
Are you in a dark place, E? Do we need to come rescue you?? Ply you with margaritas and funny stories, perhaps? Nagasaki, The Titanic, John McCain's capture (what a terribly sad photo!), PHAs,... You're worrying me.

The NASA shot reminded me that when I was over at the Valencia's for Poppi's 65th birthday on Saturday night, we were sitting on the patio and I saw the biggest shooting star I've ever seen go right over the ridge in front of us. If I held my fist at arm's length in front of my eyes, it would have appeared to be about half the size of my fist. Amazing.

OH! Mama Valencia sent me a picture of the Supermoon she took in June and it's very good. I'll see if I can post it.
Dark place? Nah, but I like photos... if you haven't noticed, lol.

Hey, I love that moon photo! They're not easy to take. If you use the autoexposure on a camera, it comes out as a white disc... no detail. I haven't been able to take a good one of the moon yet.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Formerly Newest Random Pics   Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 11:51 am

riceme wrote:
Eric wrote:
Hmm... I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure there are some in West Virginia, which is technically a Southern state, isn't it? It sure seems like it if it's not, haha. I wonder about the Carolinas, Tennessee, etc. ?? I really don't know that much at all about the geology of the Southeast.

Speaking of WV and whether or not it's a part of the South, all of the Kansans I ever met consider Kansas to be either a Southern or Western state, which I always told them was 100% wishful thinking on their part, either way you slice it. That is very likely not the case in the cities (all two of them), but you know... I lived in the boonies. It's in the Midwest, for crying out loud! They just didn't want to be associated with Missouri (pronounced, "Misery") haha.
West Virginia was apart of the union. West Virginia broke with Virginia in 1863.

Riceme, I don't know of any volcanic activity or geyser activity in West Virginia. The mountains there are old....very old.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Formerly Newest Random Pics   Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 11:55 am

[quote="Melissa (PB)"]
riceme wrote:
Eric wrote:

West Virginia was part of the union. West Virginia broke with Virginia in 1863.

Riceme, I don't know of any volcanic activity or geyser activity in West Virginia. The mountains there are old....much older than the Rockies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Formerly Newest Random Pics   Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 1:29 pm

West Virginia boarders Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Ohio on the north..
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Formerly Newest Random Pics   Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 9:49 pm

I am aware that WV was a part of the Union, but that does not determine whether a state is part of what is now considered part of The South... and it is also a Southern state, the Northern-most Southern state. I am well aware of which states border WV (you forgot Virginia and Kentucky)... I used to live there. I never studied the Appalachians in geology, but given their low elevation I'd assumed that they were much older than the Rockies and the Sierras.

The original question was whether there was any naturally occurring hotsprings in the South and I later said that I thought I remembered there being some in West Virginia... I just looked it up after verifying that WV is in fact a Southern state, and there are.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Formerly Newest Random Pics   Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 9:59 pm

Eric wrote:

Hey, I love that moon photo!  They're not easy to take.  If you use the autoexposure on a camera, it comes out as a white disc... no detail.  I haven't been able to take a good one of the moon yet.  
The moon shot is awesome, isn't it? I told Mama Valencia she should post it on Facebook, but she won't because she has some fancy photographer friends and she's afraid that they will pick it apart. I told her I thought it was worthy of National Geographic and she should be proud of herself. What I did not say is that her fancy friends sound snobby Sad.

So I'm gonna tell her that I shared her picture and that MY fancy photographer friend loves it and says they are not easy to take! It'll make her day, E.

sunny 
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Formerly Newest Random Pics   Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 6:57 pm

Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 ArFumom
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Formerly Newest Random Pics   Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 8:31 am

Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 The-dar-48
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Formerly Newest Random Pics   Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 8:39 am

Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 Morning-awesomes-34
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Formerly Newest Random Pics   Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 8:43 am

Smallest International Bridge In The World, On the Right is Canada and On the Left is USA

Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 Middle-week-you-should-get-away-0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Formerly Newest Random Pics   Formerly Newest Random Pics - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Formerly Newest Random Pics
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next