Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I hope France stands firm on the face veil thing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

I hope France stands firm on the face veil thing Empty
PostSubject: I hope France stands firm on the face veil thing   I hope France stands firm on the face veil thing EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 8:11 am

http://news.yahoo.com/20-cars-torched-near-paris-veil-tensions-151158515.html

France is facing a test that may take them down the path to kowtowing to Muslims.

Quote :
[The violence began Friday after a group of residents gathered at the police station to protest the arrest of a man whose wife was ticketed Thursday for wearing a face veil. The regional prosecutor said the husband tried to strangle the officer who was doing the ticketing.

France has barred face veils since 2011. Proponents of the ban argue the veil oppresses women and contradicts France's principles of secularism, which are enshrined in the constitution. The ban affects only a very small minority of French Muslims, but some say it feeds discrimination against moderate Muslims, too.

Last edited by Eric on Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: I hope France stands firm on the face veil thing   I hope France stands firm on the face veil thing EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 8:20 am

I hope so too. I remember some years back there was a Muslim woman in Florida who wanted to wear a face veil in her driver's license photo.Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: I hope France stands firm on the face veil thing   I hope France stands firm on the face veil thing EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 8:16 am

I hope France stands its ground. I know, bad choice of words.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hope France stands firm on the face veil thing   I hope France stands firm on the face veil thing Empty

Back to top Go down

I hope France stands firm on the face veil thing
Page 1 of 1