Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ECUA board votes against $7.6 million offer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

ECUA board votes against $7.6 million offer Empty
PostSubject: ECUA board votes against $7.6 million offer   ECUA board votes against $7.6 million offer EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 4:56 pm

LOL  And the Show goes on.. Today the PNJ wrote about bad things could be built on the Old ECUA site.

M-1 examples
Here’s a sampling of what is allowed in an M-1 zone:

• “Community correctional centers” (read: jails).

• Lumber yards.

• Tattoo parlors.

• “Adult entertainment establishments.”

• Welding and metal fabrication plants.

• New and used car lots.

• “Manufacturing uses of a scale and intensity likely to be capable of producing sound, vibration, odor, etc. that is incompatible with the general commercial districts.”

So What is across the street from said Property?
. Oil terminal/supply
.Fish House w/commercial boats
.Major Steel supply and fabrication
.Electric motor repair
.Lumber-yard/truss company
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: ECUA board votes against $7.6 million offer   ECUA board votes against $7.6 million offer EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 5:19 pm

From the PNJ (today):

The Emerald Coast Utilities Authority board this afternoon passed over a $7.6 million offer from a Texas developer on the 19-acre site of the former wastewater treatment plant on Main Street.

Instead, the board voted 3-2 to hire a real estate broker to help market the property, both in hopes of finding a higher price and out of concern about how little information it had about Houston-based H T Land Co. and its ultimate plans for the property. The company and ECUA Executive Director Steve Sorrell struck the $7.6 million price late last week.

Board Chairman Larry Walker, Lois Benson and Vicki Campbell voted to sign on with a broker. Dale Perkins and Elvin McCorvey voted against the measure, arguing in support of selling at the $7.6 million price.

“People in this community want to know who the buyer is,” Benson said. “We owe it to them to get the best possible offer for this piece of land.”

She noted that H T Land Co. would be free to submit a bid through ECUA’s future broker.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: ECUA board votes against $7.6 million offer   ECUA board votes against $7.6 million offer EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 5:20 pm

For the good of the City of Pensacola, I believe the ECUA should solicit bids for sale of the property in conjunction with an ironclad plan for it's development... a partnership, if you will.

I don't know the legality of not selling the property to the highest bidder, but wouldn't it be nice if ECUA would work to ensure the best use for the property?

We know nothing about H.T. Land Co.  A piece of land that size has great potential.  It could be developed into a project worthy of praise... or, it can be chopped up into insignificant parcels and developed by the Good ol' Boys for their financial gain on the short term.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: ECUA board votes against $7.6 million offer   ECUA board votes against $7.6 million offer EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 5:31 pm

I should have read yours first. Sorry for the misplaced post.
I liked the part where they said they have been negotiating for months but they do not know anything about the company. LOL
The Fix is in. Just watch the show.............
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: ECUA board votes against $7.6 million offer   ECUA board votes against $7.6 million offer EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 5:55 pm

What a Kick if the Broker is Beck Properties. LOL But maybe not, someone's brother in Law needs a little commission.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: ECUA board votes against $7.6 million offer   ECUA board votes against $7.6 million offer EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 6:14 pm

They could build a world-class facility with parking on lower floor(s).  I say that because that area will flood and if it is parking, no real damage will happen.  I would love to see a complex that draws the public down there... maybe a mix of shops, offices, destination facilities... something that will bring people to downtown.

But then again, the power brokers want to develop it into townhomes or condos that will flood out and bring few people to the downtown... except for the people that live there.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: ECUA board votes against $7.6 million offer   ECUA board votes against $7.6 million offer EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 6:26 pm

As you have said before, it is going to be a difficult and costly place to build.   Maybe the GOBs cant build another Arragon courts west so they are just going to get what they can and let let some other sham take place.  I would also like to see something nice built but I dont think the Area has enought people to support it.  It all sound good but nothing ever seems to work.  Unless it is Port Royal, or Palafox Pier..
I wager it will be hard to find Public Support for another Stooderville.. There are just not enough Seaoats to take up the slack. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ECUA board votes against $7.6 million offer   ECUA board votes against $7.6 million offer Empty

Back to top Go down

ECUA board votes against $7.6 million offer
Page 1 of 1