Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Funeral for SSgt. Jesse Thomas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Funeral for SSgt. Jesse Thomas Empty
PostSubject: Funeral for SSgt. Jesse Thomas   Funeral for SSgt. Jesse Thomas EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 8:32 am

Yesterday I rode my bicycle down to Sunset and Navy Blvd to pay my respects to SSgt. Jesse Thomas.  I got there early and found a place in the shade near the corner of the intersection.
There quite a few people, maybe close to a 100 lining the road in that area..Almost all had American Flags and were waving them at the passing traffic.  The people in the cars were responding by sounding their horns, or waving.  It was very powerful to watch.  For the first time in many years I had a glimpse of hope for all of us.  No Matter what our views are on War and Race, yesterday for a little while, many people were joined together to honour a fellow citizen who gave it his all. I thought of all my friends who never made it back from their deployments, or if they did, they were shells of who they used to be.
In some ways it seemed to bother me, what are people doing seeming to be in a festive mood at such a tragic event?  But that thought was broken when when 2 young men walked up to me and handed me a Flag.  They said "Thank you".........I turned my head and cried..........
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Funeral for SSgt. Jesse Thomas   Funeral for SSgt. Jesse Thomas EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 10:17 am

I read your post the night before and wanted to go.

When Saturday came, I had completely forgotten!  I'm a baaaad boy.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Funeral for SSgt. Jesse Thomas   Funeral for SSgt. Jesse Thomas EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 10:23 am

All is good.  It went well.  Your thoughts are what matters.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Funeral for SSgt. Jesse Thomas   Funeral for SSgt. Jesse Thomas EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 11:14 am

The bikers were great on the Memorial Day weekend ride from 9 Mile Rd to the wall in Veterans Park.  It took 9 minutes for all of them to pass by on Mobile Hwy..
Back to top Go down
Gunz

Gunz

PostSubject: Re: Funeral for SSgt. Jesse Thomas   Funeral for SSgt. Jesse Thomas EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 5:38 pm

Glad to see that you put that here as well.  We got caught in gulf breeze traffic and the rest was history.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Funeral for SSgt. Jesse Thomas   Funeral for SSgt. Jesse Thomas EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 5:44 pm

T-REX wrote:
Glad to see that you put that here as well.  We got caught in gulf breeze traffic and the rest was history.
Many thanks to you for informing me about it.  I would not have went if you had not made the post.  Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funeral for SSgt. Jesse Thomas   Funeral for SSgt. Jesse Thomas Empty

Back to top Go down

Funeral for SSgt. Jesse Thomas
Page 1 of 1