Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

More CMP Woes... just when you think nothing else can go wrong...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

More CMP Woes... just when you think nothing else can go wrong... Empty
PostSubject: More CMP Woes... just when you think nothing else can go wrong...   More CMP Woes... just when you think nothing else can go wrong... EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:11 am

From Rick's Blog

More CMP Woes... just when you think nothing else can go wrong... Park1The string of missteps continues for the Hayward administration. Thanks to records received from the Escambia County Property Appraiser Chris Jones, via a public record request, the Independent News has discovered that city staff failed to apply by the March 1 deadline for an ad valorem tax exemption for the Maritime Park.
In fact, the Property Appraiser’s office had been trying to get information on the leases at the park and other city facilities, such as the airport and port, since Oct. 1, 2012. Repeated request for information went unanswered.

Finally, Chris Jones sent in a public record request of his own in March 14 for the Maritime Park. Even then, the city resisted handing over the information. Ed Spears, CMPA executive director, called the appraiser’s office the next day. According to records given the IN, he balked at giving the records to them because of the volume of work required to comply. JonesCMPA

Had the city staff complied with the early record requests, the CMPA might not have these tax problems. Another example how of the simplest daily operations are botched at city hall. Spearsnote
Also in the emails received was one from Mandy Bills, dated March 1, regarding the plat of the Maritime Park property. Apparently the city had never registered the plat or officially surveyed the individual parcels. The final plat was going to be finalized until mid-April. CMPAparcel

Unbelievable! The city needs to lease those parcels, but has not even done the most basic real estate steps to make them available.

BTW: I requested this exact information from the City at the same time I made the request of Chris Jones, June 10. The city has yet to provide the records. And I’ve not received the records regarding ECUA and the Main Street plant for the city either.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

More CMP Woes... just when you think nothing else can go wrong... Empty
PostSubject: Re: More CMP Woes... just when you think nothing else can go wrong...   More CMP Woes... just when you think nothing else can go wrong... EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:26 am

LOL  And they wonder why people moving out of the city.  Of course all the Money is gone and now the S is hitting the fan.  I really think it is so messed up it can never really be figured out.  Looks like people are turning on the Mayor but that aint going to happen because I believe he is Freds guy.  What a mess.  But dont say anything or you will be a "Naysayer"   I wonder how the YMCA and Studers 5 mil is coming along.  Studer has been very very quiet lately.
Back to top Go down

More CMP Woes... just when you think nothing else can go wrong...
Page 1 of 1