Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm about to show you very rare 16mm color film of Palafox Street in 1942. And Pensacola Beach. And the old Bay Bridge.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BobW

BobW

I'm about to show you very rare 16mm color film of Palafox Street in 1942. And Pensacola Beach. And the old Bay Bridge.  Empty
PostSubject: I'm about to show you very rare 16mm color film of Palafox Street in 1942. And Pensacola Beach. And the old Bay Bridge.    I'm about to show you very rare 16mm color film of Palafox Street in 1942. And Pensacola Beach. And the old Bay Bridge.  EmptyThu May 16, 2013 5:57 pm

Set the youtube to HD (720p) and full screen to fully experience this.
The video is only 4 minutes in length. First you will see New York City, then Jacksonville and finally the Pensacola scenes.
I'm told this film was found in a garage sale.

[url= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGzS-AbE7A0] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGzS-AbE7A0[/url]
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

I'm about to show you very rare 16mm color film of Palafox Street in 1942. And Pensacola Beach. And the old Bay Bridge.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm about to show you very rare 16mm color film of Palafox Street in 1942. And Pensacola Beach. And the old Bay Bridge.    I'm about to show you very rare 16mm color film of Palafox Street in 1942. And Pensacola Beach. And the old Bay Bridge.  EmptyThu May 16, 2013 6:06 pm

That was good. I think I'll rip it to my hard drive.

I thought that car was going to run into that group of soldiers, the way it came up on them and stopped at the last moment.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to show you very rare 16mm color film of Palafox Street in 1942. And Pensacola Beach. And the old Bay Bridge.    I'm about to show you very rare 16mm color film of Palafox Street in 1942. And Pensacola Beach. And the old Bay Bridge.  EmptyThu May 16, 2013 6:11 pm

The video is in four parts. The other three are well worth watching too.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to show you very rare 16mm color film of Palafox Street in 1942. And Pensacola Beach. And the old Bay Bridge.    I'm about to show you very rare 16mm color film of Palafox Street in 1942. And Pensacola Beach. And the old Bay Bridge.  EmptyThu May 16, 2013 6:25 pm

What's on 'em???
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to show you very rare 16mm color film of Palafox Street in 1942. And Pensacola Beach. And the old Bay Bridge.    I'm about to show you very rare 16mm color film of Palafox Street in 1942. And Pensacola Beach. And the old Bay Bridge.  EmptyFri May 17, 2013 12:14 am

Eric wrote:
What's on 'em???

They're all Florida all shot in the same year. From St. Augustine to Daytona to Miami.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to show you very rare 16mm color film of Palafox Street in 1942. And Pensacola Beach. And the old Bay Bridge.    I'm about to show you very rare 16mm color film of Palafox Street in 1942. And Pensacola Beach. And the old Bay Bridge.  EmptyMon May 20, 2013 8:25 pm

WOW! I watched all four of them and they are SO neat! Thanks for sharing those, Bob! I enjoyed them a lot.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to show you very rare 16mm color film of Palafox Street in 1942. And Pensacola Beach. And the old Bay Bridge.    I'm about to show you very rare 16mm color film of Palafox Street in 1942. And Pensacola Beach. And the old Bay Bridge.  EmptyMon May 20, 2013 9:01 pm

Great share. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to show you very rare 16mm color film of Palafox Street in 1942. And Pensacola Beach. And the old Bay Bridge.    I'm about to show you very rare 16mm color film of Palafox Street in 1942. And Pensacola Beach. And the old Bay Bridge.  Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm about to show you very rare 16mm color film of Palafox Street in 1942. And Pensacola Beach. And the old Bay Bridge.
Page 1 of 1