Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Beware the power of Hospitals

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Beware the power of Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Beware the power of Hospitals   Beware the power of Hospitals EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:39 am

Hospital Has Infant Taken from Home After Parents Seek Second Opinion

http://gawker.com/hospital-has-infant-taken-from-home-after-parents-seek-484354909

The parents lost trust for the hospital after witnessing a nurse erroneously administering antibiotics to their baby, and after hearing murmurs about doing heart surgery on their infant, the couple removed their child from that hospital to seek a second opinion.

The hospital calls police and Child Protective Services.

Quote :
"I was pushed against the building, smacked down. I said, 'am I being placed under arrest?,'" Alex described his interaction with the cops. "He smacked me down onto the ground, yelled out, 'I think I got the keys to the house.'"

After entering the home, an officer proceeded to grab Sammy from Anna before turning around and walking out.

Okay, I don't know the whole story, but if you read the article, you will see that the baby's doctor verified that the antibiotics administration was done in error. I sure would like to see a follow-up on this.

I think the Hospital could have handled this more appropriately. If the hospital told the parents of their concerns for the baby and indicated that, if the hospital knew the baby was actually getting care somewhere else, no complaint to police or CPS would be made... but NO, they shoot from the hip, causing the parents physical mistreatment and anguish.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Beware the power of Hospitals   Beware the power of Hospitals EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 3:14 pm

I would get a lawyer and possibly use the antibiotic as a bargaining tool; you drop your charges and make a public apology and I'll drop mine.
Back to top Go down
ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PostSubject: Re: Beware the power of Hospitals   Beware the power of Hospitals EmptySun May 05, 2013 4:47 pm

I spent 10 days in Sacred Heart in December of 08, fighting off a severly bad case of pneumonia. I had not had a lot of experience in hospitals before that, and never for that length of time.

I learned a lot from that experience. You need to have your head clear and your eyes open when you go into a hospital, because you will need to countermand many of the things they will try to do to you. The next time I end up in a hospital, I am going to say "No" to a lot of things.
Back to top Go down
http://www.led-flashlight-reviews.com/
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Beware the power of Hospitals   Beware the power of Hospitals EmptyMon May 06, 2013 12:04 pm

I was at Baptist Hospital (I don't remember what for), but the doctor didn't prescribe my blood pressure medicine. I told the nurse and she left the room and came back about 5 minutes later saying that the doctor looked at my current blood pressure readings and decided I didn't need to take the medicine.

I told the nurse to take my IV out "right now" and that I was going home AMA (against medical advice). I said "This hospital is not going to deny me of my blood pressure medicine."

The nurse said for me to wait a minute... left the room and came back in a few minutes with my blood pressure medicine. It is funny how this shit happens.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beware the power of Hospitals   Beware the power of Hospitals Empty

Back to top Go down

Beware the power of Hospitals
Page 1 of 1