Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FRUCTOSE IS A POISON

Go down 
+4
hallmarkgrad
SheSurfs
Admin
TEOTWAWKI
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

FRUCTOSE IS A POISON Empty
PostSubject: FRUCTOSE IS A POISON   FRUCTOSE IS A POISON EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 5:46 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM&feature=relmfu
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FRUCTOSE IS A POISON   FRUCTOSE IS A POISON EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 6:48 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Even before I read who the author of this thread was , just by the title I knew it had to be Teo............................. lol!
Back to top Go down
https://pensacoladaily.forumotion.com
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: FRUCTOSE IS A POISON   FRUCTOSE IS A POISON EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 7:03 pm

Admin wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Even before I read who the author of this thread was , just by the title I knew it had to be Teo............................. lol!

Do you know how hard it is to find food without sugar in it ?...No wonder people are big as cows.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: FRUCTOSE IS A POISON   FRUCTOSE IS A POISON EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 7:51 pm

Teo, you may recall that I am a strict vegetarian so I spend my life reading labels. It is not that sugar is so much a problem as it is the number of calories and grams of fat we consume.

Most people have no idea how many calories they should consume to maintain or lose weight, even with calculators all over the web that can help them do the math.

There is rarely a day that I don't have some kind of sugar...a bit of chocolate, candy or ice cream but I run, surf or cycle almost every day and I count calories when my weight goes up two pounds. Two pounds and I put down the fork for everything but fruit and vegetables for a couple of days. On those hard days I still have a bite of something sweet. The fight is a little tougher now I am over 50 but I still indulge a little.

The reality is that we eat twice as much as our parents did and we goop up everything we eat. Our palates are wrecked for the taste of real produce that our mothers served simply, economically and deliciously.

So, sugar even refined sugar is ok for most...just not five Cokes to wash down the fries.

Now corn subsidies....that is an entirely different matter. Those have gotta go IMHO.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: FRUCTOSE IS A POISON   FRUCTOSE IS A POISON EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 8:03 pm

SheSurfs wrote:
Teo, you may recall that I am a strict vegetarian so I spend my life reading labels. It is not that sugar is so much a problem as it is the number of calories and grams of fat we consume.

Most people have no idea how many calories they should consume to maintain or lose weight, even with calculators all over the web that can help them do the math.

There is rarely a day that I don't have some kind of sugar...a bit of chocolate, candy or ice cream but I run, surf or cycle almost every day and I count calories when my weight goes up two pounds. Two pounds and I put down the fork for everything but fruit and vegetables for a couple of days. On those hard days I still have a bite of something sweet. The fight is a little tougher now I am over 50 but I still indulge a little.

The reality is that we eat twice as much as our parents did and we goop up everything we eat. Our palates are wrecked for the taste of real produce that our mothers served simply, economically and deliciously.

So, sugar even refined sugar is ok for most...just not five Cokes to wash down the fries.

Now corn subsidies....that is an entirely different matter. Those have gotta go IMHO.

The video disagrees with you but I give you as much authority as I give him...what works for you may work for many others. We are all slightly different in our processing of food but I think where we really differ is in how we emotionally deal with food. I am an emotional eater. When I am stressed I go to a buffet and ruin their profit margin for the day.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: FRUCTOSE IS A POISON   FRUCTOSE IS A POISON EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 8:12 pm

Quote :
We are all slightly different in our processing of food but I think where we really differ is in how we emotionally deal with food. I am an emotional eater. When I am stressed I go to a buffet and ruin their profit margin for the day.

I clean my house like a fiend. From the looks of this place tonight I am relaxed and happy as can be.

Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: FRUCTOSE IS A POISON   FRUCTOSE IS A POISON EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 9:02 pm

SheSurfs wrote:
Quote :
We are all slightly different in our processing of food but I think where we really differ is in how we emotionally deal with food. I am an emotional eater. When I am stressed I go to a buffet and ruin their profit margin for the day.

I clean my house like a fiend. From the looks of this place tonight I am relaxed and happy as can be.

Thanks for the chuckle....LOL
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: FRUCTOSE IS A POISON   FRUCTOSE IS A POISON EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 9:19 pm

In the early 80s my company hired a lot of Vietnamese refuges. For the most part they were 5ft to 5'6 or so. One guy could even wear kids clothes. Now in less then one generation many of their children are 6ft or so. My Cambodian friend son plays football. The only thing different is what they eat. IMHO it has to be all the Steroids and Hormones they put in our food.

I used to work on fork lifts and we had a account near Crestview. Big chicken processing deal. In their warehouse they hundreds of 55 gallon drums marked "XYZ Hormone or ABC steroids" Now they feed that to the chicken and you eat the chicken what is going to happen? I have heard it only takes six weeks to grow a chicken. Good Topic........
Factory Farming - Chicken | Farm Sanctuary
www.farmsanctuary.org/learn/factory-farming/chicken/With bodies taxed beyond belief, chickens who survive their time in production typically reach “market weight” at just 6–7 weeks of age and are sent to slaughter
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: FRUCTOSE IS A POISON   FRUCTOSE IS A POISON EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 9:36 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:
In the early 80s my company hired a lot of Vietnamese refuges. For the most part they were 5ft to 5'6 or so. One guy could even wear kids clothes. Now in less then one generation many of their children are 6ft or so. My Cambodian friend son plays football. The only thing different is what they eat. IMHO it has to be all the Steroids and Hormones they put in our food.

I used to work on fork lifts and we had a account near Crestview. Big chicken processing deal. In their warehouse they hundreds of 55 gallon drums marked "XYZ Hormone or ABC steroids" Now they feed that to the chicken and you eat the chicken what is going to happen? I have heard it only takes six weeks to grow a chicken. Good Topic........
Factory Farming - Chicken | Farm Sanctuary
www.farmsanctuary.org/learn/factory-farming/chicken/With bodies taxed beyond belief, chickens who survive their time in production typically reach “market weight” at just 6–7 weeks of age and are sent to slaughter

Spot on man. I have a friend that raises chickens but just for the eggs. A local chicken farmer with a large production gave her 6 peeps. They grew to full size in almost no time and then as they passed their harvest day she said they continued to grow until they couldn't walk and ultimately all died despite her best efforts to save them...we are messing with powerful forces in this country..
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: FRUCTOSE IS A POISON   FRUCTOSE IS A POISON EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 9:52 pm

Another story about my Vietnamese friends. My friends father got sick and wound up in the hospital. He was losing weight and was not eating. My friend could not explain to the hospital that his Dad did not eat Jello, meat loaf with gravy Etc. I wish I could say I went up and straightened it out, but it was not that easy.. But I did what I could and the issue was solved in a day or so,,,,,,
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: FRUCTOSE IS A POISON   FRUCTOSE IS A POISON EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 10:21 pm

Talk about food. I just came back from a place in Georgia that set out food on the table like
Hopkins used to do. The veggies were soooo good. I am stuffed!
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
TexasTamale

TexasTamale

PostSubject: Re: FRUCTOSE IS A POISON   FRUCTOSE IS A POISON EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 10:51 pm

SheSurfs wrote:
Quote :

I'd be glad to let you clean my house if you need relaxing more. Smile

Last edited by TexasTamale on Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TexasTamale

TexasTamale

PostSubject: Re: FRUCTOSE IS A POISON   FRUCTOSE IS A POISON EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 10:52 pm

EricEricson wrote:
Talk about food. I just came back from a place in Georgia that set out food on the table like
Hopkins used to do. The veggies were soooo good. I am stuffed!

Are you talking about the Smith House? If you are I have to agree. They actually have fresh vegetables which you can't find any more.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: FRUCTOSE IS A POISON   FRUCTOSE IS A POISON EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 6:17 am

We were at the Dillard House. They have won all kinds of awards, including:

Southern Living Magazine Reader's Choice Award for
Southern Favorite Restaurant 1997-2009

Southern Living Magazine Reader's Choice Award for
Best Breakfast/Brunch Restaurant 2009

Featured on Fox 5 Atlanta Morning show in 2007 for
Top 5 best Fried Chicken in the state.

"Favorite Family Restaurant/Country Style Cooking", USA Today 1996 - 2007

"50 Great Plates of America" for our Peach Cobbler, USA Today May 26, 2000
Back to top Go down
TexasTamale

TexasTamale

PostSubject: Re: FRUCTOSE IS A POISON   FRUCTOSE IS A POISON EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 11:54 am

[quote="EricEricson"]We were at the Dillard House. They have won all kinds of awards, including:

Yeah, we've been there too and it is good. They even have 'pully bones' . Lot of people don't even know what pully bones are. LOL
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FRUCTOSE IS A POISON   FRUCTOSE IS A POISON EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:51 pm

TexasTamale wrote:

Yeah, we've been there too and it is good. They even have 'pully bones' . Lot of people don't even know what pully bones are. LOL

That is what we called the wishbone when I was a kid. Not sure if that is what you are talking about or not.
Back to top Go down
Granny4Peace

Granny4Peace

PostSubject: Re: FRUCTOSE IS A POISON   FRUCTOSE IS A POISON EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 2:11 pm

I've just started on Green Smoothies. I read a book on how to make and use them. I started with spinach, parsley, berries and water. Put it in the blender and drink one or two a day. I have already felt an increase in my energy level. I'm looking forward to seeing what other benefits I'll get from it in the days to come. You can substitute kale, chard or other fresh greens. The ratio is 60/40 greens to fruit. They taste good and are very filling.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/g4p
TexasTamale

TexasTamale

PostSubject: Re: FRUCTOSE IS A POISON   FRUCTOSE IS A POISON EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 5:57 pm

Admin wrote:
TexasTamale wrote:

That is what we called the wishbone when I was a kid. Not sure if that is what you are talking about or not.

Yep, that's what I'm talking about. I guess the pully bones are 'country' talk.
Back to top Go down
TexasTamale

TexasTamale

PostSubject: Re: FRUCTOSE IS A POISON   FRUCTOSE IS A POISON EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 5:58 pm

Granny4Peace wrote:
I've just started on Green Smoothies. I read a book on how to make and use them. I started with spinach, parsley, berries and water. Put it in the blender and drink one or two a day. I have already felt an increase in my energy level. I'm looking forward to seeing what other benefits I'll get from it in the days to come. You can substitute kale, chard or other fresh greens. The ratio is 60/40 greens to fruit. They taste good and are very filling.

Thanks but I'd rather just take a B-12 shot.

When you say good? Good how? like fruit or kale?
Back to top Go down
Granny4Peace

Granny4Peace

PostSubject: Re: FRUCTOSE IS A POISON   FRUCTOSE IS A POISON EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 6:09 pm

Yep. It's really very tasty. I have only used spinach so far, but it's very good. I'll let you know after ivee tried the kale. You can also use collard greens. I've taken B-12 shots and I like this a lot better.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: FRUCTOSE IS A POISON   FRUCTOSE IS A POISON EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 6:11 pm

Granny4Peace wrote:
I am also big on spinach. I also juice a lot(carrots,apples,kale etc). I am trying to reduce my glaucoma pressures though natural stuff. So far I am very heavy on spinach and green tea. It seem to be working. Last time I went to the doc the pressures were down. Of course I sitll use the eye drops but I will do anything that might help. I live on "Power shakes or smoothies. Orange juice. Milk, Banana, Honey and protein powder. Over the last 2 years it has made a big change in my life. I dont do it for weight control but to try and have energy to cycle, etc. So far so good..................
Back to top Go down
Granny4Peace

Granny4Peace

PostSubject: Re: FRUCTOSE IS A POISON   FRUCTOSE IS A POISON EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 6:14 pm

I also juice, but the smoothies I make are blended so you get the whole live food. I love the carrot and apple juice I make in my juicer.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: FRUCTOSE IS A POISON   FRUCTOSE IS A POISON EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 6:15 pm

http://www.glaucoma.org/treatment/medical-marijuana.php
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FRUCTOSE IS A POISON   FRUCTOSE IS A POISON EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 7:05 pm

TexasTamale wrote:
Admin wrote:
TexasTamale wrote:

Yep, that's what I'm talking about. I guess the pully bones are 'country' talk.

Can't get anymore country that I am...................... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TexasTamale

TexasTamale

PostSubject: Re: FRUCTOSE IS A POISON   FRUCTOSE IS A POISON EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 7:21 pm

Granny4Peace wrote:
Yep. It's really very tasty. I have only used spinach so far, but it's very good. I'll let you know after ivee tried the kale. You can also use collard greens. I've taken B-12 shots and I like this a lot better.

Let me know what you think after trying a couple of the others please. It'd have to taste a whole lot better than I can imagine it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FRUCTOSE IS A POISON   FRUCTOSE IS A POISON Empty

Back to top Go down

FRUCTOSE IS A POISON
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next