Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Possible Construction At Pensacola Beach

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Possible Construction At Pensacola Beach Empty
PostSubject: Possible Construction At Pensacola Beach   Possible Construction At Pensacola Beach EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 2:32 pm

http://www.weartv.com//news/features/featured/stories/pensacola-beach-improvements-proposal-goes-commissioners-320.shtml

I hate to sound like a complainer... BUT... this proposal's timing sucks. Why do they want to put a road construction zone for the next 90 days at the area around the toll booths?

It seems to me that construction going on from April to August is the absolutely WORST time to be doing road construction on the beach. Good Gawd!

Quote :
PENSACOLA BEACH -- Traffic conditions and the safety of pedestrians would be improved at Pensacola Beach under a large-scale proposal being considered by Escambia County Commissioners. They are set to discuss the plan tomorrow. The price tag for the first phase is about 430,000 dollars. A crosswalk would be built in this area of Pensacola Beach Boulevard under the plan. It would connect with Quietwater Beach across the street. It's just one part of the proposal and beachgoers say it would be more than welcome. Katie Blackwell, Beachgoer/Mother: "People are constantly running and taking the risk." Katie Blackwell says she enjoys taking her daughter to Quietwater Beach. But she and other beachgoers feel the area needs improvements. Katie Blackwell, Beachgoer/Mother: "Most of the time if I wanna go across the street, I put her in the car and drive her because I don't want to have to take the chance of having to run across." Carroll Martin, Beachgoer/Grandfather: "During the summertime when it's bumper-to-bumper traffic I mean people get out of there in front of cars and I've seen some near misses and a couple people get actually hit." The proposed crosswalk would include safety lighting that would flash after pedestrians pushed a button. Kaipo Robello, Owner, Aloha Wine & Liquor: "It's gonna increase my business." Kaipo Robello, Owner, Aloha Wine & Liquor: "It'd be good for my business and Shaggy's and Innerlight and all the guys on this side of the beach." Getting onto to beach would also be smoother under the plan. The roadway leading up to and away from the toll stations would be widened and more signs would be put up to make it easier to get through the area.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

Possible Construction At Pensacola Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Construction At Pensacola Beach   Possible Construction At Pensacola Beach EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 5:14 pm

Don't they have whatever the equivalent of a City Planner would be for the beach?? Jiminy Christmas!!

What a bunch of morons.
Back to top Go down

Possible Construction At Pensacola Beach
Page 1 of 1