Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

APRIL FOOLS!!

Go down 
+2
Eric
riceme
6 posters
AuthorMessage
riceme

riceme

APRIL FOOLS!! Empty
PostSubject: APRIL FOOLS!!   APRIL FOOLS!! EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 2:40 am

Quote :
Top 100 April Fool's Day Hoaxes of All Time
As judged by notoriety, creativity, and number of people duped.

Note from the Curator: I created the first version of this list in the late 1990s. Back then, there was hardly any information collected about April Fool's Day pranks, so I had to do a lot of research in newspaper archives to put this together. Luckily I was in grad school, so I had a lot of spare time on my hands ;-). Over the years I've tweaked the list, rearranging it slightly and adding new entries based on reader feedback and ongoing research, but my top choices have remained pretty much the same. This list is easily the most popular article I've ever posted on the Museum of Hoaxes. Extracts from it (some attributed, some not) can be found on hundreds of other websites. Plus, it's inspired some spinoffs. A couple of years ago, someone created an iPhone app version of it (which I've never seen because I don't have an iPhone), and the folks at the Drama Pod created a dramatized audio version of it in 2011. I hope you enjoy it — and if you know of any old hoaxes that I haven't mentioned on the site, send me an email and let me know. ~Alex

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/aprilfool/

My personal favorites are #7, 11 & 15. study

This one is dedicated to those we know who love to tip & type... ETCETERA:

Quote :
#24: Drunk Driving on the Internet
1994: An article by John Dvorak in PC Computing magazine described a bill going through Congress that would make it illegal to use the internet while drunk, or to discuss sexual matters over a public network. The bill was supposedly numbered 040194 (i.e. 04/01/94), and the contact person was listed as Lirpa Sloof (April Fools backwards). The article said that the FBI was going to use the bill to tap the phone line of anyone who "uses or abuses alcohol" while accessing the internet. Passage of the bill was felt to be certain because "Who wants to come out and support drunkenness and computer sex?" The article offered this explanation for the origin of the bill: "The moniker 'Information Highway' itself seems to be responsible for SB 040194... I know how silly this sounds, but Congress apparently thinks being drunk on a highway is bad no matter what kind of highway it is." The article generated so many outraged phone calls to Congress that Senator Edward Kennedy's office had to release an official denial of the rumor that he was a sponsor of the bill.
I've always enjoyed April Fools Day, but ever since April Fools Day 2000, it will forever be marked as the day that I (first) got my tibia broken in half and shattered my patella. "APRIL FOOLS!!" lol.

scratch

Oddly enough, the second time was only a few days shy of eight years later. And yes, I do now always try to be especially careful this time of year, lol.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

APRIL FOOLS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL FOOLS!!   APRIL FOOLS!! EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 8:41 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/april/1/newsid_2819000/2819261.stm

I liked the BBC documentary on Spaghetti Trees in Switzerland.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Jake92

APRIL FOOLS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL FOOLS!!   APRIL FOOLS!! EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 4:40 pm

The worst April. Fools day ever was when Alan Kulwicki got killed in a plane crash going to Bristol, TN in 1993. He was one of my favorite drivers of all time.. Rest in peace Alan!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Jake92 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

APRIL FOOLS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL FOOLS!!   APRIL FOOLS!! EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 9:29 pm

Tears.........until next year!
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

APRIL FOOLS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL FOOLS!!   APRIL FOOLS!! EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 4:06 am

Jake92 wrote:
The worst April. Fools day ever was when Alan Kulwicki got killed in a plane crash going to Bristol, TN in 1993. He was one of my favorite drivers of all time.. Rest in peace Alan!!!!!!!!!!!!

PFFT! Worst April Fools Day for YOU maybe, lol! Sorry, but I had two that were bad, one that was unspeakably awful. Suspect

Back to top Go down
Jake92

APRIL FOOLS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL FOOLS!!   APRIL FOOLS!! EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 5:01 am

Right, it was the worst for me and Alan's family and friends, but not everybody....
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

APRIL FOOLS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL FOOLS!!   APRIL FOOLS!! EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 7:59 pm

My parents met six weeks before April Fools Day. They had one date and were inseparable afterwards. They knew each other so little that my mother wouldn't step inside my dad's place even when he was in the middle of proposing four weeks later. He made arrangements for the church but when my mother realized the date...she made him change it. It was going to be hard enough to convince friends and family as it was. They just celebrated their 53rd wedding anniversary. Smile
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

APRIL FOOLS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL FOOLS!!   APRIL FOOLS!! EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 9:09 pm

LOL... that's pretty cute and funny, SS.

Congrats to your folks on 53 years of marriage!
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

APRIL FOOLS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL FOOLS!!   APRIL FOOLS!! EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 9:22 pm

Eric wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/april/1/newsid_2819000/2819261.stm

I saw the Johnny Carson show when Johnny did a spoof on this....wonderful.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

APRIL FOOLS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL FOOLS!!   APRIL FOOLS!! EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 9:39 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
Eric wrote:

I saw the Johnny Carson show when Johnny did a spoof on this....wonderful.

Johnny Carson? Is he anything like Jay Leno?

jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

APRIL FOOLS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL FOOLS!!   APRIL FOOLS!! EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:00 pm

Better...and it was a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

APRIL FOOLS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL FOOLS!!   APRIL FOOLS!! Empty