Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I need your input..............

Go down 
+3
yelladawg
TEOTWAWKI
hallmarkgrad
7 posters
AuthorMessage
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

I need your input.............. Empty
PostSubject: I need your input..............   I need your input.............. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 4:10 pm

A few months ago I started a small On-line newspaper. http://pensacolawestsidenews.com/
It has been fun but I seemed to have burned out on it. I had some trouble with my eyes and that did not help. Question. I am thinking about bringing it up to date. If I do I could really use your input and comments. I dont want to do the political thing just post interesting local news. With the PNJ going behind a pay wall a small paper might be of benefit to the community. Right now it is moslty just little stories about the West side but it is not limited to the just the West side. Check it out and tell me what you might like to see.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: I need your input..............   I need your input.............. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 4:17 pm

Wow you have put a lot into it. Maybe you could attach to these forums and ask for input stories and pictures...There's a lot of talent and varied interests among these folks.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: I need your input..............   I need your input.............. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 4:23 pm

That was my thoughts. Eric has posted a couple of stories/photos that have been very good. It is a learning curve for me. I think it could be fun again....
Back to top Go down
yelladawg

yelladawg

PostSubject: Re: I need your input..............   I need your input.............. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:18 pm

[quote="hallmarkgrad"]That was my thoughts. Eric has posted a couple of stories/photos that have been ve

grad, I just sent you a PM
Back to top Go down
http://warpedninblue.blogspot.com/
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: I need your input..............   I need your input.............. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:24 pm

Got it. Reply sent
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: I need your input..............   I need your input.............. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 6:59 pm

I keep remembering that I need to take a picture of the skateboard ramp at Innerarity Point. The problem is that I remember when I'm 4 hours away. They just rebuilt the ramp. I think it is owned by the Innerarity Point United Methodist Church... as it is directly across the street from it.

It got a bunch of use and I think it was built out of regular pine, not treated stuff. If I'm not mistaken, they rebuilt it with treated lumber. It has been roped off with that yellow "caution" tape for at least 6 months while they rebuild it.

Also, tomorrow, August 3, I think the park on Bauer Road opens up... the Escambia County Southwest Sports Complex... "Swamplex". I think it is going to be a photo op, but I'm gonna be on my way to Frankllin, NC.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: I need your input..............   I need your input.............. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 7:25 pm

Thats for the heads up. I might try to make the Grand opening but not sure yet.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: I need your input..............   I need your input.............. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:56 pm

A great and worthy endeavor Hallmark. There is nothing better than simple stories about real events, places and people that requires more caloric output that tearing a sheet off the AP feed.

I am most interested and would follow your stories and feed ideas as I see them on the key.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need your input..............   I need your input.............. EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:08 am

hallmarkgrad wrote:
A few months ago I started a small On-line newspaper. http://pensacolawestsidenews.com/
It has been fun but I seemed to have burned out on it. I had some trouble with my eyes and that did not help. Question. I am thinking about bringing it up to date. If I do I could really use your input and comments. I dont want to do the political thing just post interesting local news. With the PNJ going behind a pay wall a small paper might be of benefit to the community. Right now it is moslty just little stories about the West side but it is not limited to the just the West side. Check it out and tell me what you might like to see.

i think you should ask quint studer for his input.....maybe he can whip out a couple of short articles about why the west side sucks like a hoover on steroids.

he could write about home invasions and drive by shootings.

but it's not all bad. there are a lot of positive things going down on the west side.

like that neighborhood meat market they featured in the PNJ a couple of days ago. that's awesome. an old school butcher shop.
i wish they were closer to us.
Back to top Go down
ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PostSubject: Re: I need your input..............   I need your input.............. EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:44 am

Hallmark, I didn't know that was your site. You need to get some advertising going to develop a revenue stream to pay yourself or so you can pay contributors and add enhancements to your site. At least get some Google Adsense revenue going.

You need to also think about incorporating some Search Engine Optimization (SEO) so your site starts ranking well with search engines.

What you need to do is follow the same strategy as North Escambia.com-they have made themselves into an online authority when it comes to local news.
Back to top Go down
http://www.led-flashlight-reviews.com/
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: I need your input..............   I need your input.............. EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:59 am

Thanks Mr Z. All very good points. That is the type of input I am looking for.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: I need your input..............   I need your input.............. EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 7:07 am

SheSurfs wrote:
A great and worthy endeavor Hallmark. There is nothing better than simple stories about real events, places and people that requires more caloric output that tearing a sheet off the AP feed.

I am most interested and would follow your stories and feed ideas as I see them on the key.
GREAT!!!! Thanks I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: I need your input..............   I need your input.............. EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:42 am

OK, I just added another bookmark to my news sites. I remembering reading about your website several months ago, but I didn't bookmark it at the time. Good going!

I LOVE your gardening section. That's one topic that is just not covered locally, except for the "secret garden" tour of all the ritzy homes in East and North Hill that is pushed on us every year by the PNJ. "Secret gardens" my butt. I'd much rather see a section about everyday secret gardens. I can think of three on my own block over here.

The local "thing" is to plant a vegetable garden in your front yard. Some of them have been pretty elaborate over here. One gardener has used every inch of space in her garden adjacent to Toledo Square, including the wooden supports on her front porch. Those are the gardens and gardeners I love to read about!

Hallmark, I'm over here on the east side, so I don't know much west side news, but I'll let you in on what I hear. I've seriously considered building some sort of East side newspaper, but I don't have the time necessary to keep it up. Retirement - hurry up!!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need your input..............   I need your input.............. Empty

Back to top Go down

I need your input..............
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: General-
Jump to: