Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Perfect RibEye... how to choose one

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

The Perfect RibEye... how to choose one Empty
PostSubject: The Perfect RibEye... how to choose one   The Perfect RibEye... how to choose one EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:43 pm

Here's something I feel like I have some experience at... food and eating!

In the picture below, I drew a line around the best part of a RibEye steak... the Deckle! If you're in the meat market, THAT'S what you want to look for on your RibEye steak. If it has a small deckle or none at all, I don't buy them. The deckle should be well marbled and BY FAR, the best piece of meat off a cow. (Johndough mentioned a piece of meat on another thread and I'll have to see what he's talking about)

The Filet Mignon is good and tender and leaner, but the taste of a deckle beats it hands down!

The Perfect RibEye... how to choose one Ribeye10
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Gunz

Gunz

PostSubject: Re: The Perfect RibEye... how to choose one   The Perfect RibEye... how to choose one EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 7:34 pm

I do look for that ,just didnt know what it was called. I am a fan of the bone in ribeye.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: The Perfect RibEye... how to choose one   The Perfect RibEye... how to choose one EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 2:43 pm

Sams here in Hoover... (and I think in Pensacola, too) usually has some really good ribeyes. Kinda thick, but that's not a problem with me. But, they're not bone-in.

I have seen Winn-Dixie put bone-in rib-eyes on sale for around $5/lb. which is very good. Sam's prices are usually around $9/lb.

I see that until tomorrow (the 19th) the Winn-Dixie on Blue Angel (at US-98), has T-Bone steak at $6.99/lb... not bad. You have to have the Winn-Dixie card, though...
http://winndixie.mywebgrocer.com/CircularItemList.aspx?catid=585&pos=40&s=257270476&g=5e3f5e9a-329c-433e-84f2-4a20d6cd9146&uc=30D17119
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Gunz

Gunz

PostSubject: Re: The Perfect RibEye... how to choose one   The Perfect RibEye... how to choose one EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 12:41 pm

Winn Dixie on occasion here will sell the whole loin for 3 bucks a pound and you can have them cut it into whatever size steaks you want, usually about 16 to 20 decent sized uns. I try to wait until they do that to stock back up, then bring them home and package them in my seal a meal which hands down is the best invention for the kitchen ever.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: The Perfect RibEye... how to choose one   The Perfect RibEye... how to choose one EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 1:11 pm

I LOVE my ribeyes at least an inch thick and rare. :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Perfect RibEye... how to choose one   The Perfect RibEye... how to choose one Empty

Back to top Go down

The Perfect RibEye... how to choose one
Page 1 of 1