Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Food Fraud Lets talk about it.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Food Fraud  Lets talk about it. Empty
PostSubject: Food Fraud Lets talk about it.   Food Fraud  Lets talk about it. EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:54 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food Fraud Lets talk about it.   Food Fraud  Lets talk about it. EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 7:06 am

I'd rather not. I'm on a diet and talking bout any kind of food makes me hungry.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Food Fraud Lets talk about it.   Food Fraud  Lets talk about it. EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 7:44 am

Budweiser Sued for Watering Down Beer
What would the Budweiser frog say? U.S. consumers filed a lawsuit on Tuesday in federal court against AB InBev for allegedly watering down Budweiser. The company, which makes not only Budweiser but also Stella Artois, controls 39 percent of the U.S. beer market and is currently looking to expand with a bid to buy Modelo, a Mexican brewing company that currently controls 7 percent of the American market. The complaint alleges AB InBev mislabels the amount of alcohol in Bud Ice, Bud Light Platinum, Michelob, King Cobra, Busch Ice, Black Crowne, Bud Light Lime, Hurricane High Gravity Lager, Natural Ice, and Michelob Ultra. An AB InBev spokesman called the complaints “completely false” and insisted “our beers are in full compliance with all alcohol labeling laws.”

Read it at Bloomberg News
February 27, 2013 7:20 AM

- See more at: http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2013/02/27/budweiser-sued-for-watering-down-beer.html#sthash.tmw81YKx.dpuf
Back to top Go down
yelladawg

yelladawg

PostSubject: Re: Food Fraud Lets talk about it.   Food Fraud  Lets talk about it. EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:53 am

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Budweiser Sued for Watering Down Beer
What would the Budweiser frog say? U.S. consumers filed a lawsuit on Tuesday in federal court against AB InBev for allegedly watering down Budweiser. The company, which makes not only Budweiser but also Stella Artois, controls 39 percent of the U.S. beer market and is currently looking to expand with a bid to buy Modelo, a Mexican brewing company that currently controls 7 percent of the American market. The complaint alleges AB InBev mislabels the amount of alcohol in Bud Ice, Bud Light Platinum, Michelob, King Cobra, Busch Ice, Black Crowne, Bud Light Lime, Hurricane High Gravity Lager, Natural Ice, and Michelob Ultra. An AB InBev spokesman called the complaints “completely false” and insisted “our beers are in full compliance with all alcohol labeling laws.”

Read it at Bloomberg News
February 27, 2013 7:20 AM

- See more at: http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2013/02/27/budweiser-sued-for-watering-down-beer.html#sthash.tmw81YKx.dpuf

Hallmark, I've never tasted any Budweiser that was watery but I HAVE tasted Coors Light that tasted sorta beery like they added a little beer to water. LOL
Back to top Go down
http://warpedninblue.blogspot.com/
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Food Fraud Lets talk about it.   Food Fraud  Lets talk about it. EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:02 am

LOL @Yella I just thought that might bring around a major break though in the food industry. Bad Fish, Bad bread, Poison fruit, No problem.
But watered down beer? Now we are getting serious. Next thing you know they will be reducing the proof of whisk
ey.
Maker’s Mark debacle: The proof is in the overreaction
Text Size PrintE-mailReprints
By Jason Wilson, Published: February 26

Wow, Maker’s Mark drinkers. All I can say, is: Overreact much?

By now, most people who care about this sort of thing are aware of the firestorm that erupted Feb. 9 when Maker’s Mark announced it would reduce the alcohol by volume of its bourbon from 45 percent to 42 percent, or from 90 to 84 proof. Bourbon drinkers took to Twitter and Facebook to decry the move, and bloggers ranted that Maker’s Mark was “watering down” its bourbon. So vehement was the backlash that a little over a week later, a chastened Maker’s Mark announced that it would reverse its decision and keep its whiskey at 90 proof
“If you tremble with indignation at every injustice,” said Che Guevara, “then you are a comrade of mine.” Of course, he was speaking of overthrowing brutal, corrupt dictatorships rather than resisting the tyranny of a smidgen of liquor. But whatever. I’m hoping to soon see an update of the old revolutionary T-shirt, with a Maker’s Mark activist in a beret in place of Che.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Food Fraud Lets talk about it.   Food Fraud  Lets talk about it. EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:05 am

Anybody like horse burgers? I can't say for sure if I have had one... but probably have unbeknownst to me. lol
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
yelladawg

yelladawg

PostSubject: Re: Food Fraud Lets talk about it.   Food Fraud  Lets talk about it. EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 11:39 am

Eric wrote:
Anybody like horse burgers? I can't say for sure if I have had one... but probably have unbeknownst to me. lol

If you had a horse burger that was made of tainted meat you might wake up with a case of the galloping trots.
Back to top Go down
http://warpedninblue.blogspot.com/
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Food Fraud Lets talk about it.   Food Fraud  Lets talk about it. EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 1:35 pm

Eric wrote:

You've probably seen me say the same several times... I am of the belief that anyone who eats commercial meats has had at least a few horseburgers in their day, whether they knew it or not.

Food Fraud  Lets talk about it. Biteme

That reminds me... Totally off subject. Well, sort of. When I was in Denmark we'd go out to supper every night and the only red meat on the menu was something called oxen staaken (or something close to that, it just started with "oxen"). Being adventurous, I thought, "Hell, EVERYTHING I have eaten here has been the best damn food I have ever had, even if it looked completely disgusting and I couldn't recognize it. I'mma eat me some ox!" BEST DAMN STEAK I'VE EVER HAD. Eventually, I commented to my Danish colleague, "Hey, those ox steaks are freakin' DELICIOUS, man! I wish we had ox steak in the states!" He laughed and said, "Ricecakes, oxen staaken means BEEF in Danish." lol. However, he did agree with me that Danish beef tastes much different than American beef, so I didn't feel QUITE so stupid, but it was an ongoing joke for the term of my employment and beyond... they still joke about it.

drunken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food Fraud Lets talk about it.   Food Fraud  Lets talk about it. Empty

Back to top Go down

Food Fraud Lets talk about it.
Page 1 of 1