Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BCAA SUPPLEMENTS

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

BCAA SUPPLEMENTS Empty
PostSubject: BCAA SUPPLEMENTS   BCAA SUPPLEMENTS EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 8:09 pm

Branch chain amino acids as supplements.

Anyone else supplementing with them? These are essential amino acids ones the body cannot produce, they have the unique ability to be a gateway and enable protein synthesis directly by muscles.

The three main ones for this are leucine, valine, and isoleucine.

There are very few calories no known side effects. I use a powder .
Taken during training they decrease swelling post training soreness and
Elevate testosterone both during and post training.

I am amazed at the results since i started i think everyone should ve supplementing with these aminos.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

BCAA SUPPLEMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCAA SUPPLEMENTS   BCAA SUPPLEMENTS EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 8:27 pm

Are you on a diet

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/expert-guides/bcaas
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

BCAA SUPPLEMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCAA SUPPLEMENTS   BCAA SUPPLEMENTS EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 10:53 am

I am training hard with great results. I plan on posting what i am learning. If u want to up your physical well being perhaps something will help.

Starting with branch chain aminos. No question in my mind everyone should be using them daily unless you have some med condition preventing it and that is rare!

Cheers
Back to top Go down

BCAA SUPPLEMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCAA SUPPLEMENTS   BCAA SUPPLEMENTS EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 11:30 am

Spam?
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

BCAA SUPPLEMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCAA SUPPLEMENTS   BCAA SUPPLEMENTS EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 5:10 pm

BP Snacks wrote:
Spam?

I don't think so, BP. WhoWhereWhy is a regular poster. Usually, spammers will register and start spamming immediately. I believe he is just sharing his experience.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

BCAA SUPPLEMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCAA SUPPLEMENTS   BCAA SUPPLEMENTS EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:21 pm

No, it's not Spam. I know who whowherewhy is.
Back to top Go down
alecto

BCAA SUPPLEMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCAA SUPPLEMENTS   BCAA SUPPLEMENTS EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 11:20 pm

whowherewhy wrote:
Branch chain amino acids as supplements.

Anyone else supplementing with them? These are essential amino acids ones the body cannot produce, they have the unique ability to be a gateway and enable protein synthesis directly by muscles.

The three main ones for this are leucine, valine, and isoleucine.

There are very few calories no known side effects. I use a powder .
Taken during training they decrease swelling post training soreness and
Elevate testosterone both during and post training.

I am amazed at the results since i started i think everyone should ve supplementing with these aminos.

Thoughts?

I think it depends on what you are trying to achieve and for what purpose. I know a couple of guys that use them for body building and have had mixed results on how well they worked for them. The old guy which competes in the over 55 body building compatition has had good luck with them but he is a machine and works out like a maniac, the younger guy I think takes to much for his workouts, his workouts are not that intense. My oldest son wrestled for 4 years in high school and now has been fighting MMA for 1 1/2 years, his third year of wrestling about mid way through the season someone mentioned them to him so he wanted to try them, I bought some from a friend that runs Maxfit here in town. At first they were helping him by reducing the soreness from his daily workout which took about 2 hours then wrestling practice for 5 hours and he was putting on decent muscle mass but during training I noticed him getting slower and his motor skills were off, hell I was actually able to take him down so I knew something was off. The first big tournament we had for the year was a disaster. He had to cut 20 pounds and only had a week to do it, he made the weight but it damn near killed him and his timing and speed were way off. He managed to take third but he should have won it. After researching the supplements more I found out it can cause fatigue and affect motor skills plus while using them you have to stay extremely hydrated well staying hydrated goes out the window when you have to cut weight. Pulled him off of those supplements and he was back to normal in no time. Bottom line I suppose if your doing it to bulk up it is fine if your workout is intense enough to use the amount you are taking but if your participating in a sport that requires weight cutting or extremely precise explosive movements I would strongly advice against them. Just my .02
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

BCAA SUPPLEMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCAA SUPPLEMENTS   BCAA SUPPLEMENTS EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 6:23 am

Alecto what other supplements was he using? Surely not just BCAA?

Were they only BCAA or in with some other blend?

Overdosing on BCAA can cause fatigue at proper dosage they actually have been proven to lower seratonin thus used to treat fatigue especially from working out. There are so many variables, but if he removed only one supplement and recovered better then obviously that was the problem.
As with any supplement listen to your body if you feel a negative reduce the dosage or stop.

I am training hard in the gym yes, not bodybuilding persay but i have a LOT
In common with them. I am now doing 3 day body routines so yes i am pretty intense.

I have added supplements for the first time in my life and have been training off and on since my late twenties. I am 61 now
6 . 1 and yesterday lol 184. I have put on 10 pounds since early DEC in the gym for the first time ever rather than losing weight. I would love any feedback on supplements here i will cover. I have always been a natural ( no anebolics) and will not go that route as bodybuilders normally do.

I do think that at your friend's and i age we will need supplements to make real gains. I would love to,hear what is working for him and although every vody is different they are also the same.

For me BCAA has definitely helped in recovery.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
alecto

BCAA SUPPLEMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCAA SUPPLEMENTS   BCAA SUPPLEMENTS EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 5:10 pm

whowherewhy it was just regular BCAA powder but he was stacking it with some energy crap. I threw it all out. The fatigue wasn't really the problem, BCAA has been known to affect motor skills and that is what concerned me. It may have been a combination of the two but it was just better to get rid of all of it.

I will try to get a hold of him if I can, he moved to Ft Myers several years ago and I haven't really heard to much from him since.
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

BCAA SUPPLEMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCAA SUPPLEMENTS   BCAA SUPPLEMENTS EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 6:10 pm

At his age any supplements could tilt over the edge, he is already at the height of his physics. So he needs to be very careful.

I love mma i bet his grappling and floor game are great because of his wrestling background.

Wondering has he mixed in brazilian jiu jitsu?
Back to top Go down
alecto

BCAA SUPPLEMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCAA SUPPLEMENTS   BCAA SUPPLEMENTS EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 12:55 am

Well after that tournament he has sworn off supplements other than proteins. Over the years we have seen many athletes try all kinds of different kinds of supplements and the results are never consistent. I think a lot of it is just the physical aspects of the sport itself. Cutting weight is a bitch, I hated it with a passion and so does he and once you get a weight cutting strategy that allows you to maintain your strength, recover quickly, and is something you can live with you do not want to mess it up. Supplements can just be a unknown variable that can screw that whole process up.

He has been working heavily on incorporating BJJ and muay thai into his techniques. He makes quite a few trips to south Florida to train with a couple of different groups down there and they have taught him a lot with BJJ. He is not to fond of the leg kicks with muay thai but loves working clinches. We have been working on taking shoots from inside the clinch, most people don't expect you to drop out of a clinch into a shot and for someone with a lot of speed it is very hard to defend the shot. He is always trying to incorporate wrestling into different styles and we kind of stumbled on that by accident. We were working clinches and he couldn't get a knee on me, I kept closing the distance and shifting side to side so he got pissed and just snapped me down like he was going to throw a knee and I reacted by trying to pull up and close the distance, when I did he let go and before I knew what happened I was flying into my work bench. After working it for a couple of months he used it in a match, match was over 30 seconds after they hit the mat, guy never knew what hit him.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

BCAA SUPPLEMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCAA SUPPLEMENTS   BCAA SUPPLEMENTS EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:37 am

Great thread!

And no, BP, whowherewhy is not a spammer. We get rid of spammers immediately. All of the spam we have received comes through the private message system. No spam has never made it to the actual forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Eric

Eric

BCAA SUPPLEMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCAA SUPPLEMENTS   BCAA SUPPLEMENTS EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:43 am

PBulldog2 wrote:
Great thread!

And no, BP, whowherewhy is not a spammer. We get rid of spammers immediately. All of the spam we have received comes through the private message system. No spam has never made it to the actual forum.

Spam anyone?

BCAA SUPPLEMENTS Spam10

Wink
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

BCAA SUPPLEMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCAA SUPPLEMENTS   BCAA SUPPLEMENTS EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:19 am

Eric wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:
Great thread!

Spam anyone?

BCAA SUPPLEMENTS Spam10

Wink

Oh, nooooooo! SPAM makes it to the forum! I am appalled, simply appalled. I am apjohned, apgeorged and apringoed as well. Stunned, shocked beyond belief.

What, oh what shall we do????
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

BCAA SUPPLEMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCAA SUPPLEMENTS   BCAA SUPPLEMENTS Empty

Back to top Go down

BCAA SUPPLEMENTS
Page 1 of 1