Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Music Festival

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Music Festival - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Festival   Music Festival - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 10:46 am

Melh, did you find lodging?

My next-door neighbor at my Pensacola home is a Scottsman. An engineer, I think. When he gets to talking fast, I have a hard time understanding him. (The reverse is probably true too.) We love Jim & Iris to death... good, industrious people.

They have a nice house with a pool and a lanai cover over it. They come over 2-3 times a year and stay close to a month. Sometimes, they bring their grown children, who bring their "wee ones".

They were in Pensacola for Hurricane Ivan and a large branch broke off an oak tree, speared through the lanai, and crashed through their bedroom window... the bedroom they were sleeping in. (I'll bet it scared the hell out of them.)
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Music Festival   Music Festival - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 4:41 pm

I don't see anything about the third headliner anymore. Note the graphic doesn't show the blurred name anymore and there are the two (previously mentioned) headliners with bigger fonts to stretch the TWO names across the page. I guess the British band fell through.

Music Festival - Page 3 Hang10
Back to top Go down
melh

PostSubject: Re: Music Festival   Music Festival - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:39 am

Hey Eric, yes we got somewhere to stay thanks - it wasn't cheap but walking distance from the festival and looks lovely !
That's a shame no mystery band, I like a good mystery.... Scotsmen always seem to be engineers - and if you bump into us at the festival you might have difficulty understanding us too - we can talk slowly though ! It's different for us cos we hear american accents all the time on tv but I suppose you don't hear much of ours (only strange fake accents done by bad actors !). Still very excited about our trip.....

Mel
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Music Festival   Music Festival - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:58 am

My daughter sent me some slightly stoopid says i will like them so i will now listen to them....
Back to top Go down
melh

PostSubject: Re: Music Festival   Music Festival - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 12:22 pm

ha ha it's not the best band name in the world but hey....
Back to top Go down
melh

PostSubject: Re: Music Festival   Music Festival - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 12:25 pm

Also PBulldog2, I now know a lot more about cats.....
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Music Festival   Music Festival - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 6:15 pm

Tickets go on sale march 22 for dave matthews at the wharf. I can ride my bike
Over from my place i think the concert is in july
Maybe i can get w date by then?? Smile
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Music Festival   Music Festival - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 7:44 am

Stevie Wonder!

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130307/ENTERTAINMENT/303060033/Stevie-Wonder-adds-star-power-to-Hangout-Fest?nclick_check=1
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Music Festival   Music Festival - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 9:09 am

Eric wrote:
Stevie Wonder!

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130307/ENTERTAINMENT/303060033/Stevie-Wonder-adds-star-power-to-Hangout-Fest?nclick_check=1

WOWOWOWOWOW
Back to top Go down
melh

PostSubject: Re: Music Festival   Music Festival - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 3:58 pm

That's so fantastic !!!
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Music Festival   Music Festival - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 6:31 pm

Got our wristbands today... Yippee!

Music Festival - Page 3 Hangou10
Back to top Go down
melh

PostSubject: Re: Music Festival   Music Festival - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 7:04 pm

I'm jealous ! Apparently cos am from 'overseas' I don't get sent a wristband Sad
I leave these fair shores for new york next friday and I'm looking forward to this trip a massive amount. What's the weather like Eric ?
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Music Festival   Music Festival - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 7:28 pm

melh wrote:
I'm jealous ! Apparently cos am from 'overseas' I don't get sent a wristband Sad
I leave these fair shores for new york next friday and I'm looking forward to this trip a massive amount. What's the weather like Eric ?

It is clear skies with a temp of mid 70's (≈23° C). Tomorrow will be clear and a little warmer. Then a cold-core low is going to move in and temps will be a little below normal (≈18°C) after the rains Friday and Saturday.

Weather in Gulf Shores: http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Gulf+Shores+AL+USAL0254

Back to top Go down
melh

PostSubject: Re: Music Festival   Music Festival - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 6:28 am

I can't even imagine warmth at the moment - it's only 10 degrees C here..... and that's the best we can get on a nice sunny day in April ! We have been waitin for the weather to change to Spring for some time now. It has been very late and flowers are only just startin to grow. The 70's would be so nice for us ! You're very lucky to live in such a place Smile
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Music Festival   Music Festival - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 11:17 am

melh wrote:
I can't even imagine warmth at the moment - it's only 10 degrees C here..... and that's the best we can get on a nice sunny day in April ! We have been waitin for the weather to change to Spring for some time now. It has been very late and flowers are only just startin to grow. The 70's would be so nice for us ! You're very lucky to live in such a place Smile

Melh, my retirement home is in Pensacola, but I currently live in Hoover, Alabama, near Birmingham, Alabama. We live 250 miles north of the coast and it is a 4-hour drive to get back to our little bit of paradise. It is still warm here, and my temperature quotes were for Hoover, which is usually a little cooler than along the coast in April. We make the drive to Pensacola just about every weekend.

Yes, we consider ourselves extremely lucky to have grown up while playing in the waters of the Gulf of Mexico.

Our Scottish neighbors got a taste of our "hospitality" when they stayed in their house during Hurricane Ivan. A branch broke off a large oak tree, tore through his screened lanai (over his pool) and crashed through their bedroom window... while they were trying to sleep. I can imagine the terror they must have experienced! Hurricane Ivan was pretty nasty.

So, how are you going to get your wristbands? And after the backpack bombs in Boston, I will make sure that I can bring mine into the festival before showing up at the gate.

Edit: I see that they have the same language as last year about backpacks. Prohibited: Framed or large backpacks
Back to top Go down
melh

PostSubject: Re: Music Festival   Music Festival - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 1:37 pm

Wow I don't fancy experiencing your crazy hurricane weather much ! I just hope it's nice and warm, that's all I want..... We have to pick up our wristbands there, I need to find out where exactly but I'm sure it'll be easy. I get your message about backpacks, I've bought a wee cheap kids bag (I'm such a bargain hunter !) so hopefully no hassle with that. We've got an apartment in walking distance of the festival, but it's still weird trying to organise something like this from so far away !

You're retired at 62 ?? Wow that's young to be retired, I'm impressed Wink
And please let us know if you and your fine lady fancy hooking up for a beer at the festival with us at some point, just to say hello.

Mel
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Music Festival   Music Festival - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 1:58 pm

melh wrote:
Wow I don't fancy experiencing your crazy hurricane weather much ! I just hope it's nice and warm, that's all I want..... We have to pick up our wristbands there, I need to find out where exactly but I'm sure it'll be easy. I get your message about backpacks, I've bought a wee cheap kids bag (I'm such a bargain hunter !) so hopefully no hassle with that. We've got an apartment in walking distance of the festival, but it's still weird trying to organise something like this from so far away !

You're retired at 62 ?? Wow that's young to be retired, I'm impressed Wink
And please let us know if you and your fine lady fancy hooking up for a beer at the festival with us at some point, just to say hello.

Mel

We'd be honored if your group would join us at our place for dinner before the festival, if that would be convenient. We sit outside, drink Margaritas and cook on the barbeque.

My wife still works but wants to retire. She is in charge of an accounts payable department that pays out over $18 Billion per year... and thankfully, she gets paid well. I couldn't have retired if she didn't have good jobs along the way.
Back to top Go down
melh

PostSubject: Re: Music Festival   Music Festival - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 2:54 pm

Well Eric that's extremely kind of you - we would love to come if it's practical for all of us. It's just myself and my boyfriend Chris - we are both in our late 40s (actually Chris just turned 50 which means that the word 'boyfriend' seems a bit wrong....) We're sort of doing this trip in honour of his 50th year - but it's actually an excuse to go on an extended holiday and let our hair down Smile so margaritas sound perfect.....

Mel
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Music Festival   Music Festival - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 3:51 pm

We'd be glad to serve up the best Margarita you will ever have, Melh. Christine, my bride, is taking a couple of weeks off and we should have no problem working in an evening of entertaining.

Hell, it's what I live for... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Music Festival   Music Festival - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 8:29 pm

Mel, I sent you an e-mail.

Eric
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music Festival   Music Festival - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Music Festival
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3