Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Little friends

Go down 
+7
ButtBob
yelladawg
Melissa
Admin
Eric
Granny4Peace
hallmarkgrad
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

Little friends - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little friends   Little friends - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:35 am

This is Molly and Buddy's momma with the two pups. Molly is starting to look just like her. She has less pit in her and more of something else - who knows what!

It breaks my heart now to see how skinny she was. She could barely walk due to being confined in a small rabbit hutch. Her owner was convicted of animal abuse and neglect.

Two male pits that looked just like Buddy had to be euthanized.

Little friends - Page 2 Imgp1210
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
yelladawg

yelladawg

PostSubject: Re: Little friends   Little friends - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:37 am

EricEricson wrote:

And then there was the crow who came home from a long day at his job and as he picked up the receiver of his answering machine, thought to himself, "I wonder if I have a lot of caws."

Good one, Yella. Hey, we're coming to town not this weekend but the next. Let's get together if you're available.

That bird looks like it came from "Yellow Submarine".[/quote]

Good idea, Eric, I will leave that weekend open.
Back to top Go down
http://warpedninblue.blogspot.com/
yelladawg

yelladawg

PostSubject: Re: Little friends   Little friends - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:39 am

PBulldog2 wrote:
This is Molly and Buddy's momma with the two pups. Molly is starting to look just like her. She has less pit in her and more of something else - who knows what!

It breaks my heart now to see how skinny she was. She could barely walk due to being confined in a small rabbit hutch. Her owner was convicted of animal abuse and neglect.

Two male pits that looked just like Buddy had to be euthanized.

Little friends - Page 2 Imgp1210

That blue one is gonna be a beauty. They are rare. My grandaughter had her rednose bitch bred to a beautiful blue dog and she had six pups, Every on was a rednose. They were nice pups but the blue is special.

Last edited by yelladawg on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Little friends   Little friends - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:42 am

I'm going to try to get some updated pics of Molly and Buddy. They are both considerably larger now - she's 60 pounds, he's 65 or more.

Gonna have to get kitty pictures too, I see. That's OK - both of my cats are hams!
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Little friends   Little friends - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:42 am

Here's Buddy. He is skittish until he gets to know you. He's only wary after that. Oh, he's full of love for Christine and me, though... We got him out of a county shelter. The card on his cage showed he should have been euthanized the day before. I think he's has some Basenji in him.

Little friends - Page 2 Bud110
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Little friends   Little friends - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:44 am

Quote :
That blue one is gonna be a beauty. They are rare.

She looks blue in the picture, but that's actually Molly. Molly is a rednose, with green eyes, red eyelashes and whiskers and, of course, that red nose.

The other pup - the black one you can hardly see - is Buddy.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Little friends   Little friends - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 1:16 pm

Meg: Border collie rescue from Katrina when I went over to NOLA to do rescues immediately after the hurricane.

Scowt: Beagle, rescued after he ran away. Neighbor reported he was fed and watered only once a week with food and water emptied into two small baby pools, and living outside under steps through the harshest winters Kansas had seen in years.

Little friends - Page 2 IMG_0177
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Little friends   Little friends - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 1:18 pm

T....for Tennessee, found in the median on an interstate outside Memphis, in cold pouring rain:

Little friends - Page 2 IMG_0033]IMG]https://2img.net/h/i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w516/SheSurfs1/IMG_0033.jpg[/IMG]
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Little friends   Little friends - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 1:21 pm

Meg, on the kill list in a small town in northern Alabama, workers had been hiding her to save her because of her sweet nature. No one would adopt her saying she was too homely. This is how I found her the first morning she was home. Yes, that is the kitchen table.
Little friends - Page 2 IMG_0415
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Little friends   Little friends - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 1:40 pm

Well, they sure look happy now, shesurfs.

This is Kiki. She was rescued from the Appalachian eastern Kentucky area where she'd been abandoned. She had survived by scavenging, and to this day she'll eat anything that falls on the floor - pickles, olives, but her favorite thing in the world is chips. She must've been abused by a man, because she sticks by my wife's side constantly. She loves me to death when my wife is around, but if she's gone, Kiki avoids me until she returns.

Little friends - Page 2 Dsc02311

This is Lily (white) and Granola Bar (brown).

Lily had been adopted and returned three times before we got her, and we soon found out why. She is a live wire, and was incredibly destructive when we first brought her home. She has the funniest personality of any dog I've ever owned, and at seven years she is still as wild as a pup.

Granola Bar was abandoned in the backyard of a foreclosure here in the Tampa area. She was half-starved and full of fleas and ticks when we found her. She was very wary and unsure for a while, but with Lily's bubbly personality to bolster her spirits, she's coming along great. She is as gentle and quiet as Lily is wild and loud.

Little friends - Page 2 Img_1711
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Little friends   Little friends - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 3:40 pm

Little friends - Page 2 Funny-gifs-clueless-canine-squats-on-kids-head
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Little friends   Little friends - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 3:42 pm

Little friends - Page 2 Super-rad-dog-cruises-the-highway
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Little friends   Little friends - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 11:59 pm

Speaking of blue bull terriers, one of my best friends found a three-month old blue pit pup the other day when she went to wash her car at her local car wash. My friend is one of those who wouldn't leave a stranded cricket alone without help, so this pup knew who to pick - the pup was lying in the center of the car-wash stall.

The puppy had a dislocated hip as well as two mangled ears that were the result of an ear-clipping done by some fool at home. His poor little ears were infected.

The good news is this pup now has a wonderful forever home at a local veterinarian clinic. Seems he captured the hearts of everyone there the day he was taken in for treatment!
Back to top Go down
BirdyBack

BirdyBack

PostSubject: Re: Little friends   Little friends - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:20 pm

My cat, Cleo.

Little friends - Page 2 Img_1210

Some of my Stafford canaries.

Little friends - Page 2 Img_2210

Yella, you know I love that bird!
Back to top Go down
yelladawg

yelladawg

PostSubject: Re: Little friends   Little friends - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:36 pm

Not to worry, Birdy, I found the little booger hiding in a antique demi-tasse cup in my studio. As soon as he saw me he came running as fast as his tiny feet could go and was grinning ear tp ear except I'm not sure birds have ears.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Little friends   Little friends - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 2:17 pm

Little friends - Page 2 PLeaDI loved this GIF
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Little friends   Little friends - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 9:31 pm

Little friends - Page 2 Baby110

I am without an animal and enjoying it sunny ....I do get to babysit my grand-dogs but the only animal that I want in the future will have to have thumbs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Little friends   Little friends - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 7:20 pm

[img]Little friends - Page 2 Puppy210[/img]
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Little friends   Little friends - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 7:45 pm

*Tree*~ wrote:
[img]Little friends - Page 2 Puppy210[/img]
Dat's so cuuuute
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little friends   Little friends - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Little friends
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2