Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ads on this forum

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Ads on this forum Empty
PostSubject: Ads on this forum   Ads on this forum EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 7:51 am

I just noticed "sponsored content" at the end of threads when I wasn't logged in. When I logged in, the ads seemed to disappear.

Someone else (Forumotion) is paying to host our site and they have to pay for it somehow. Hopefully, staying logged in will eliminate the ads. They're a bit of a distraction, y'know?
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Ads on this forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ads on this forum   Ads on this forum EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 8:00 am

Eric wrote:
I just noticed "sponsored content" at the end of threads when I wasn't logged in.  When I logged in, the ads seemed to disappear.

Someone else (Forumotion) is paying to host our site and they have to pay for it somehow.  Hopefully, staying logged in will eliminate the ads.  They're a bit of a distraction, y'know?

Always find them about as useful as the solicitation phone calls....ah well, capitalism....
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Ads on this forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ads on this forum   Ads on this forum EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 8:37 pm

I've never noticed them from home because I have adblocker. They can be annoying when I log in from my phone, though.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Ads on this forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ads on this forum   Ads on this forum EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 11:20 am

riceme wrote:
I've never noticed them from home because I have adblocker. They can be annoying when I log in from my phone, though.

These ads come in the form of an embedded post at the end of the threads.

Even with AdBlocker, if you're browsing without being logged in, I'll bet the ads will be there.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

Ads on this forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ads on this forum   Ads on this forum EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 10:04 pm

Huh. I have never seen one. Knock on wood!
Back to top Go down
Jake92

Ads on this forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ads on this forum   Ads on this forum EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 12:25 pm

I saw them a few minutes ago until I logged in and they are gone..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ads on this forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ads on this forum   Ads on this forum Empty

Back to top Go down

Ads on this forum
Page 1 of 1