Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Remember the cop buying the barefoot guy some boots?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Remember the cop buying the barefoot guy some boots? Empty
PostSubject: Remember the cop buying the barefoot guy some boots?   Remember the cop buying the barefoot guy some boots? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 12:13 pm

Remember the cop buying the barefoot guy some boots? Origin13

The barefoot guy is still barefoot. http://gawker.com/5965159/homeless-man-says-boots-he-got-from-nypd-cop-are-too-expensive-to-wear

Quote :
Over the weekend, the New York Times managed to track down the homeless recipient of NYPD officer Lawrence DePrimo's kindness, and found out he was still walking around barefoot.

A photo of DePrimo helping 54-year-old Jeffrey Hillman put on a pair of $100 Skechers North boots he had purchased for him went viral after it was posted on the NYPD's Facebook page.

"Those shoes are hidden," Hillman, an Army vet, told the Times. "They are worth a lot of money. I could lose my life."

Hillman said he appreciated what DePrimo did for him and "wish[es] there were more people like him in the world," but was also somewhat peeved at his fortuneless fame.

"I was put on YouTube, I was put on everything without permission. What do I get?" Hillman is quoted as saying. "This went around the world, and I want a piece of the pie."

Originally from South Plainfield, New Jersey, Hillman has two children, both in their 20s, but hasn't spoken to them much in the past few years. According to his sister-in-law, Hillman phones his family once a year "to let us know he's OK."

Obviously, this guy has more problems than bare feet. "But piece of the pie"? WTF?
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

Remember the cop buying the barefoot guy some boots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember the cop buying the barefoot guy some boots?   Remember the cop buying the barefoot guy some boots? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 1:59 pm

Poor fellow. Judging only from his first comment, "Those shoes are hidden. They are worth a lot of money. I could lose my life," I fear that he is one of the many, many veterans who have returned home from serving his country in less than perfect condition. He could have a traumatic brain injury, PTSD,... the possibilities are nearly boundless.

Maybe with all of this exposure the poor guy is getting, someone in a position to do something about it will recognize that one of our veterans needs help and will make it happen. That would be a great piece of the pie for him to receive.

Breaks my heart.
Back to top Go down

Remember the cop buying the barefoot guy some boots?
Page 1 of 1