Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kevin McCarthy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
riceme

riceme

Kevin McCarthy Empty
PostSubject: Kevin McCarthy   Kevin McCarthy EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 11:05 pm

What happened to Kevin McCarthy? He is from my hometown. I heard a rumor there was a sex scandal, but that may just be gossip from home.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Kevin McCarthy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McCarthy   Kevin McCarthy EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 5:45 am

riceme wrote:
What happened to Kevin McCarthy? He is from my hometown. I heard a rumor there was a sex scandal, but that may just be gossip from home.

That's the word...an affair....I know that's a shocking revelation in Washington DC politics!.....
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

Kevin McCarthy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McCarthy   Kevin McCarthy EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 5:55 am

His gaff about the benghazi committee hurt him... but I think his status as just another establishment insider career politician is what left him unable to reach the necessary votes to be speaker. I know it's frustrating to people that congress isn't able to function as they like... passing tons of new laws and such... but it was never intended to be a rubber stamp body. It's meant to be contentious and unless the proposals can garner broad support they require compromise. Infact... this process was already watered down when the senate was turned into a popular vote instead of appointment by each state. The senate was intended to protect state rights... and we've seen since that change that states have lost most of their powers to the central federal govt.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Kevin McCarthy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McCarthy   Kevin McCarthy EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 12:22 am

Coming from Kern County, he used to be the #1 champion of the wind industry then he flipped the script when it became politically inconvenient for him. He is not my favorite person, so I am not sorry for his political misfortune.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Kevin McCarthy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McCarthy   Kevin McCarthy EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 9:10 am

PkrBum wrote:
His gaff about the benghazi committee hurt him... but I think his status as just another establishment insider career politician is what left him unable to reach the necessary votes to be speaker. I know it's frustrating to people that congress isn't able to function as they like... passing tons of new laws and such... but it was never intended to be a rubber stamp body. It's meant to be contentious and unless the proposals can garner broad support they require compromise. Infact... this process was already watered down when the senate was turned into a popular vote instead of appointment by each state. The senate was intended to protect state rights... and we've seen since that change that states have lost most of their powers to the central federal govt.

It is strange that there is so much criticism about all the legislation that was sent from the House to the Senate that never saw any daylight...Whether it was good legislation is open for debate but it's puzzling that Sen Reid was/is never criticized for either declaring something doa...and not even allowing a discussion let alone a vote...The House and their leadership is labeled as 'obstructionists' and yet Reid's escaped the same scrutiny....

McCarthy's comments didn't help his cause but it is certainly understandable to see that the Committee's findings about the private server(s)....Foundation donations and perjury has had a direct effect on hrc's poll numbers...If that's considered political then so be it because there is only one person responsible for this entire situation and she alone should be held accountable....It's not the fault of the committee that voters find her to be 'dishonest' that person is the one that hrc sees in the mirror every morning....
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Kevin McCarthy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McCarthy   Kevin McCarthy EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 9:14 am

riceme wrote:
Coming from Kern County, he used to be the #1 champion of the wind industry then he flipped the script when it became politically inconvenient for him. He is not my favorite person, so I am not sorry for his political misfortune.

Your definition about him is exactly the same for many if not all politicians and is just one of the reasons that career politicians are the major problem in DC....From the time they are elected or re-elected their primary concern is to remain in power...
Back to top Go down
Jake92

Kevin McCarthy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McCarthy   Kevin McCarthy EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 11:14 pm

A dem voter told me the reason Harry Reid didn't submit anything is because he knew the republicans would vote against it..
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

Kevin McCarthy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McCarthy   Kevin McCarthy EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 7:40 pm

I'm not surprised that the sex scandal was kept underwraps until he came out and admitted Benghazi was directed at Hillary Clinton's presidential prospects. And yes, no matter how you spin it, that's what he admitted.
The sex scandal was well hidden by his buddies in congress until he got them mad. Then it suddenly comes out. Pretty convenient I think.
Today one of the clan that was investigating Benghazi also admitted that the Republicans on the committee were more interested in getting Hillary than they were in getting to the truth of what happened. When he complained that they weren't investigating all the parties involved they fired him. He doesn't like Hillary, but he is willing to say the committee was only focused on her and no one else.   He claims there was a lot more people involved than Hillary and they should all be investigated.
The committee only cares about Hillary's involvement because it damages her career.
BTW, It's illegal for Congress to spend taxpayers money on an investigation that is primarily motivated for reasons of political assassination.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/11/us/politics/former-benghazi-investigator-says-he-was-fired-unlawfully.html?_r=0
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

Kevin McCarthy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McCarthy   Kevin McCarthy EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 4:42 am

He was fired for mishandling classified information by placing it onto an unauthorized system... ironic eh. Why misrepresent the facts? Two weeks ago the dod handed over new emails that hillary had not... last week another it company had devices taken by the fbi. The state dept also recently had four servers confiscated by the fbi. Sooo... when you have an official not complying with her obligations to record keeping laws... there will be a focus on her. Shocking I know. Breaking news? Only for those grasping at straws and ignoring her misdeeds.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Kevin McCarthy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McCarthy   Kevin McCarthy EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 5:47 am

Jake92 wrote:
A dem voter told me the reason Harry Reid didn't submit anything is because he knew the republicans would vote against it..  

lol! lol! That's when you know that all the propaganda has an effect....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kevin McCarthy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McCarthy   Kevin McCarthy Empty

Back to top Go down

Kevin McCarthy
Page 1 of 1