Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roy Jones, Jr. asks for Russian Citizenship & Passport

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Roy Jones, Jr. asks for Russian Citizenship & Passport Empty
PostSubject: Roy Jones, Jr. asks for Russian Citizenship & Passport   Roy Jones, Jr. asks for Russian Citizenship & Passport EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 9:37 am

From the WTF department...
Does this mean he loses his U.S. citizenship?

Roy Jones, Jr. asks for Russian Citizenship & Passport 55d7ec72c3618883628b45a9

http://www.rt.com/news/312887-roy-jones-putin-russian-passport/

Quote :
Meeting over a cup of tea, the champion-turned-rapper and actor asked Putin for Russian citizenship, noting that having one will help him succeed in business.

“I hope you will succeed in business here in Russia,” Putin noted.

“That is why I want to come here. That is why I’m also here. Because I want to ask you about maybe having a passport to go back and forth so that I can do business here. Because all the people here seem to love Roy Jones Jr. And I love when people love me,“ Jones replied.

Noting that Jones is well-known and adored by Russian sports fans, Putin said that as long as the boxer spends a strong proportion of his time doing business in Russia, authorities "would certainly be happy to fulfil [Jones'] request to receive a Russian passport, Russian citizenship."

“I think Russian boxing fans would be very happy,” the Russian leader stressed.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eddard

Eddard

Roy Jones, Jr. asks for Russian Citizenship & Passport Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones, Jr. asks for Russian Citizenship & Passport   Roy Jones, Jr. asks for Russian Citizenship & Passport EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 8:20 pm

I know you can have duel citizenship but American/Russian citizenship?
I can't see how that could be legal. Roy is disappointing a lot of his Pensacola fans by even asking for something like that.
Back to top Go down

Roy Jones, Jr. asks for Russian Citizenship & Passport
Page 1 of 1