Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

St Louis.....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

St Louis..... Empty
PostSubject: St Louis.....     St Louis..... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 7:19 am

Now into the mix for protests and lawlessness....why?.....While serving a search warrant at a residence the officers encountered  ARMED black teens that immediately fled the area...While in pursuit  one of the teens stopped and aimed the weapon [weapon was recovered] towards the pursuing officers and was shot and later died...There were other guns and crack found in the residence and last year a similar search warrant at the same residence produced more guns...crack...and arrests made for harboring of wanted fugitives...Also, two others were arrested without incident and the second armed thug is still on the run....This is also the same area where a 93 YOA Veteran of the Tuskegee Airmen had been a recent victim of being robbed and his vehicle jacked...

Quickly protesters organized under the 'Black Lives Matter' banner and some began throwing rocks..bottles...bricks...and cement at law enforcement officers in the area...And yes this took on a racist component when it was found out that the two officers involved are white...

So now this farce of a group that has been interrupting political campaigns looks to legitimize their cause expects to be treated as credible when an armed suspect is pursued running from a known crack house...aims his weapon at the pursuing officers and is shot?... Of course during some interviews there were protesters quoted as saying this was Michael Brown all over again...which some of these folks just can't or are too stupid to realize was all based on a lie and Brown didn't raise his hands to surrender and was not shot in the back or at a long distance...Got to wonder how defending thugs will make reasonable thinking people feel about this group and their actions....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

St Louis..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: St Louis.....     St Louis..... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 8:23 am

The shooting appears justified to me.  

The Black Lives Matter group have made some very poor choices lately.  This incident is one of them.

The other choice that comes to mind is when the two girls ran Bernie Sanders off the podium to protest.  Hell, Bernie walked with Martin Luther King and has worked for civil rights.

Violence only begets violence.  

St Louis..... GCsVmNG
  St Louis..... Q3aSZzY
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

St Louis..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: St Louis.....     St Louis..... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 9:33 am

Eric wrote:
The shooting appears justified to me.  

The Black Lives Matter group have made some very poor choices lately.  This incident is one of them.

The other choice that comes to mind is when the two girls ran Bernie Sanders off the podium to protest.  Hell, Bernie walked with Martin Luther King and has worked for civil rights.

Violence only begets violence.  

St Louis..... GCsVmNG
  St Louis..... Q3aSZzY

One of those individuals that ran Sanders off the stage said that he was 'racist'.....You are correct he may be a lot of things but a racist ain't one of them.... As you've pointed out his connection to the civil rights movement--these younger activists may not be aware that disagreement isn't automatically racial.... Not that I like her....but the same group was very confrontational with hrc.... It appears that once again the actions of some confronting everyone is not doing anything productive and hinders someone that may encounter a true/legit racism issue and that's sad...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

St Louis..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: St Louis.....     St Louis..... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 9:45 am

Hillary isn't getting my vote, but I liked her response to the Black Lives Matter folks.

Quote :
Mr. Jones seems to press Mrs. Clinton to bare her soul: “Now that you understand the consequences, what in your heart has changed?” he asks. “How do you actually feel that’s different than you did before?”

Mrs. Clinton calls it a “very thoughtful question” but demurs. “This country has still not recovered from its original sin,” she says, but adds that the “next question” is, “So what do you want me to do about it?”

She urges Mr. Jones to help her come up with a specific “vision and plan.”

“That’s what I’m trying to put together,” Mrs. Clinton says, “in a way that I can explain it, and I can sell it — because in politics, if you can’t explain it and you can’t sell it, it stays on the shelf.”

She shrugs off Mr. Jones’s efforts to elicit a more heartfelt response.

“I don’t believe you change hearts,” Mrs. Clinton says, summarizing her basic view of social policy movements. “I believe you change laws, you change allocation of resources, you change the way systems operate.”
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

St Louis..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: St Louis.....     St Louis..... EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 4:21 am

Eric wrote:
Hillary isn't getting my vote, but I liked her response to the Black Lives Matter folks.

Quote :
Mr. Jones seems to press Mrs. Clinton to bare her soul: “Now that you understand the consequences, what in your heart has changed?” he asks. “How do you actually feel that’s different than you did before?”

Mrs. Clinton calls it a “very thoughtful question” but demurs. “This country has still not recovered from its original sin,” she says, but adds that the “next question” is, “So what do you want me to do about it?”

She urges Mr. Jones to help her come up with a specific “vision and plan.”

“That’s what I’m trying to put together,” Mrs. Clinton says, “in a way that I can explain it, and I can sell it — because in politics, if you can’t explain it and you can’t sell it, it stays on the shelf.”

She shrugs off Mr. Jones’s efforts to elicit a more heartfelt response.

“I don’t believe you change hearts,” Mrs. Clinton says, summarizing her basic view of social policy movements. “I believe you change laws, you change allocation of resources, you change the way systems operate.”

Very True.....and when others have asked about the 'vision and plan'....there is silence....This group is and has been given far too much attention and recognized as a legitimate group that somehow needs to be negotiated with...This is nothing more than typical liberalism....it may sound good although this group now gets upset when others have questioned them about their motto and shouldn't it be all lives matter? [Again silence]...but their is no substance other than talking down and over along with confrontations....

Also, was very impressed with candidate Ben Carson when he went into Harlem and spoke quite candidly about issues....he didn't change his message to attempt to appease his audience and actually addressed the law issues by pointing out the stats of in the black community the leading cause of death in young folks is violence....coupled with the higher than national averages about incarceration of blacks does not paint a positive picture continuing in the direction that's been traveled....Carson also addressed the breakdown of the family unit and children being born and not being supported...May not get him many more votes but hopefully it will cause some thinking on these matters....
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

St Louis..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: St Louis.....     St Louis..... EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 7:28 am

mediawatcher wrote:
Eric wrote:

Quote :
a”

Also, was very impressed with candidate Ben Carson when he went into Harlem and spoke quite candidly about issues....he didn't change his message to attempt to appease his audience and actually addressed the law issues by pointing out the stats of in the black community the leading cause of death in young folks is violence....coupled with the higher than national averages about incarceration of blacks does not paint a positive picture continuing in the direction that's been traveled....Carson also addressed the breakdown of the family unit and children being born and not being supported...May not get him many more votes but hopefully it will cause some thinking on these matters....

It's sad that a reasonable man like Carson can't get any traction because the liberal MSM doesn't think he is worth air time compared to nut cases like Trumpeter and Billary.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

St Louis..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: St Louis.....     St Louis..... EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 7:37 am

nochain wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
Eric wrote:

Quote :
a”

It's sad that a reasonable man like Carson can't get any traction because the liberal MSM doesn't think he is worth air time compared to nut cases like Trumpeter and Billary.

His numbers are up but there is far too much concentration on the circus master and Pinocchio [with apologies to the Disney Character]...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

St Louis..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: St Louis.....     St Louis..... EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 9:03 am

White (& ALL) lives matter.  Here are a few interesting numbers:

According to the Washington Times:

Quote :
...Based on that data, Mr. Moskos reported that roughly 49 percent of those killed by officers from May 2013 to April 2015 were white, while 30 percent were black. He also found that 19 percent were Hispanic and 2 percent were Asian and other races.

His results, posted last week on his blog Cop in the Hood, arrived with several caveats, notably that 25 percent of the website’s data, which is drawn largely from news reports, failed to show the race of the person killed.

Killed by Police lists every death, justified or not, including those in which the officer had been wounded or acted in self-defense.

“The data doesn’t indicate which shootings are justified (the vast majority) and which are cold-blooded murder (not many, but some). And maybe that would vary by race. I don’t know, but I doubt it,” Mr. Moskos said on his blog.

Adjusted to take into account the racial breakdown of the U.S. population, he said black men are 3.5 times more likely to be killed by police than white men. But also adjusted to take into account the racial breakdown in violent crime, the data actually show that police are less likely to kill black suspects than white ones...

Was that info cherry-picked? I don't know.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

St Louis..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: St Louis.....     St Louis..... EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 9:26 am

For example: If it includes cases like Michael Brown as 'murdered' by law enforcement then there's probably an agenda being pushed. It was justified and therefore should not be in the same classification like the pos in SC that shot and killed the victim...There are big differences and should not be considered in the same category....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

St Louis..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: St Louis.....     St Louis..... EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 8:16 pm

I think the numbers were people "killed" by LEOs. Actually, the article said the rate of unlawful homicide was rare.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

St Louis..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: St Louis.....     St Louis..... Empty

Back to top Go down

St Louis.....
Page 1 of 1