Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

House Plants

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Linda

Linda

House Plants Empty
PostSubject: House Plants   House Plants EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 9:34 am

I confess...I do not have a green thumb. However, I bought four house plants after Christmas and, so far, they are doing well. Green, growing, thriving. But two days ago I notice "webs" on two of them. Near microscopic sized critters spinning them. I'm guessing spider mites and treating as such. Any other advice?

I mean, gee, I usually kill plants in a week's time. These have been doing great. And now critters. They are getting their arses sprayed!

Is there a safer application than a chemical? I'll use it this time but need to know of a remedy that is not made up of names I cannot pronounce.

flower
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

House Plants Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Plants   House Plants EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 11:48 am

I found this on the net. It agrees with what I have heard.

Spray a soap solution on plant leaves. Mix 3 tbsp. of dishwashing soap into a gallon of water. Pour the solution into a spray bottle and apply to the foliage, especially the undersides of the leaves. Reapply in six days if spider mites continue to feed on the plant. Some plants are more sensitive to soap solutions than others; leaves with more hairs hold solutions longer, increasing the chances of leaf burning. Test the solution on a small portion of the plant before spraying the entire plant.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Linda

Linda

House Plants Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Plants   House Plants EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 11:56 am

Great! Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

House Plants Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Plants   House Plants Empty

Back to top Go down