Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Net Neutrality

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PkrBum

PkrBum

Net Neutrality - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Net Neutrality   Net Neutrality - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 11:40 am

I just can't believe that a better solution to this bureaucratic edict wouldn't be open and transparent process. Further that common sense and a level playing field would take more than a few clear rules. What we got was over 300 pages of undetermined nature and agenda. I guess we'll find out what that is after the legalese and political doublespeak is interpreted. My guess is that the govt will control enough to filter enormous fees and grow the fcc into epa or fda proportions. We will lose... and govt will grow in size and scope... yea team..!!
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Net Neutrality   Net Neutrality - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 5:29 pm

I'm glad the FCC is independent of Congress. This issue would be debated for years and the lobbyists would be paying congressmen every term to either fight it or pass it.

Congress can't even agree on funding Homeland Security which is a necessity (since the Coast Guard is funded by Homeland Security.)  It's nice that something is getting done about an issue. And as Eric said, it's something the majority want done.
Government is not always evil. I know some of us disagree on that issue. I think both the EPA and the FDA are extremely important to this country.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Net Neutrality   Net Neutrality - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 3:12 am

http://www.cnet.com/news/7-things-net-neutrality-wont-do/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Net Neutrality   Net Neutrality - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 2:17 pm

Net Neutrality - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmv6w6qqTfJrBFSmFjuiecOR1AHggY0wwUWTXowUvYtNjxlSkqWA

Might as well nationalize this industry also. That way the government can have their cut...

*****SARCASTIC CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWqKPWO5T4o

Smile
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Net Neutrality   Net Neutrality - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 2:22 pm

It looks like the republicans are just going to roll over. I'm sure their opposition was just a pretense. They love bureaucrats and progressive govt solutions and control as much as the democrats. The results are eventually the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Net Neutrality   Net Neutrality - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 2:28 pm

Net Neutrality - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4768zod1ZFG3WNGvWK90hOCmJ_pI0XPrPdk5lu__eZUsKX4WsPg

They've already pretty much drove the small farmer, with their subsidies and other programs that go mostly to the large corporates, out of business. That industry could just as well be nationalized too...

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joNzRzZhR2Y

Smile
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Net Neutrality   Net Neutrality - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 2:32 pm

Eddard wrote:
I'm glad the FCC is independent of Congress. This issue would be debated for years and the lobbyists would be paying congressmen every term to either fight it or pass it.

Congress can't even agree on funding Homeland Security which is a necessity (since the Coast Guard is funded by Homeland Security.)  It's nice that something is getting done about an issue. And as Eric said, it's something the majority want done.
Government is not always evil. I know some of us disagree on that issue. I think both the EPA and the FDA are extremely important to this country.

Three random appointed bureaucrats deciding for nearly 400 million citizens with no public representation... without the regulations even being openly debated or presented for public approval. And that's what you think is a good thing in this country... lol. Congratulations comrade... let me know what you like so much after you find out what's in it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Net Neutrality   Net Neutrality - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 2:39 pm

Eddard wrote:

Net Neutrality - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoFydydvlfBNBM87KNIo9ucuFWiJNIajN424dCKF_WA0qmCcUXNg

Then shift the Coast Guard and its funding back to being part of the Department Of Transportation. Problem solved...

*****CHCUKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvV3nn_de2k

Smile
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Net Neutrality   Net Neutrality - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 3:00 pm

PkrBum wrote:
Eddard wrote:

Three random appointed bureaucrats deciding for nearly 400 million citizens with no public representation... without the regulations even being openly debated or presented for public approval. And that's what you think is a good thing in this country... lol. Congratulations comrade... let me know what you like so much after you find out what's in it.

It does not make me a comrade because I believe the government does some good things.
There is no reason that every issue the government tackles be voted on or even debated in Congress.
I don't want a congressional hearing over every time the FDA takes a drug off the market or approves one for use. I don't want a congressional hearing every time the government decides someone is polluting the environment.

Whether you've noticed or not, the new Congress hasn't accomplished a single thing that is controversial in the 2 months they've been in office.
This is not a direct democracy where you and I get to vote on everything that is done. There is no such government.
Even if there were, net neutrality would have passed by a huge margin. All the polls say so. The three random bureaucrats did the bidding of the people.
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Net Neutrality   Net Neutrality - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 3:03 pm

DE, for what it is worth, Congress did finally pass the Homeland Security Budget. They passed a clean bill that the tea party hated because it did not rein back Obama's immigration actions.
John Boehner turned even redder than normal and Mitch McConnell looked like a diplomat when it was all over. At least McConnell knows how government is supposed to work.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Net Neutrality   Net Neutrality - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 3:18 pm

Three random appointed democrats with improper influence from obama.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2881432/lawmakers-question-white-house-influence-on-fccs-net-neutrality-turnaround.html

But don't fret... I'm sure the pubs will shove other stuff you hate... in some nefarious way... down your throat soon enough. Yea team..!! We all lose.
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Net Neutrality   Net Neutrality - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 3:22 pm

PkrBum wrote:
Three random appointed democrats with improper influence from obama.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2881432/lawmakers-question-white-house-influence-on-fccs-net-neutrality-turnaround.html

But don't fret... I'm sure the pubs will shove other stuff you hate... in some nefarious way... down your throat soon enough. Yea team..!! We all lose.

According to the polls the majority did not lose. They got what they wanted. Net neutrality is exactly what they wanted.
On the other hand, when it comes to a nationwide election, Obama has won twice too.

I don't know but I guess the majority must have gotten what they wanted those times too.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Net Neutrality   Net Neutrality - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 3:38 pm

The public didn't know what was in the proposed regulations... that's one of my problems with this.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0LO2AH20150220?irpc=932

"Although the FCC has not publicly disclosed specifics of the seven factors, an FCC spokeswoman told Reuters that three of those guidance criteria are related to impact on competition, innovation, and free expression."

The public liked the name and talkingpoint from what I gather. Kinda like the fairness doctrine... that limits free speech. In truth I think the pubs like these new progressive controls... they probably would've done the same thing given the chance. This is the dissenting opinion: http://www.fcc.gov/article/doc-332260a5
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Net Neutrality   Net Neutrality - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 7:22 pm

Eddard wrote:
DE, for what it is worth, Congress did finally pass the Homeland Security Budget. They passed a clean bill that the tea party hated because it did not rein back Obama's immigration actions.
John Boehner turned even redder than normal and Mitch McConnell looked like a diplomat when it was all over. At least McConnell knows how government is supposed to work.

Net Neutrality - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZDHVlYTvVcYVEY8F_Egnt0-_2vO_JTq1guwlLmr8nG7Le_wip4Q

It's not immigration actions.

It's granting amnesty actions for a special minority grouping that don't want to follow the rules.

If the liberals were interested in actual immigration they'd open the damn flood gates and allow all peoples to come here legally.

Until then this is just another discriminating bill of a special privilege demanding administration.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZzVdomYHnI

Smile
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Net Neutrality   Net Neutrality - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 5:21 pm

Ronald Reagan also granted amnesty to illegal aliens. I guess he thought he was "specially privileged" too.

It's not always a matter of following rules, there are thousands of kids who came here with their parents who have no choice but to be here. They were raised as Americans and deserve to be Americans. There are kids who do not even speak Spanish that a lot of Republicans want to deport to a country they've never even seen.

That's an outrage, IMO. It's cruelty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Net Neutrality   Net Neutrality - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 8:38 pm

Eddard wrote:
Ronald Reagan also granted amnesty to illegal aliens. I guess he thought he was "specially privileged" too.

It's not always a matter of following rules, there are thousands of kids who came here with their parents who have no choice but to be here. They were raised as Americans and deserve to be Americans. There are kids who do not even speak Spanish that a lot of Republicans want to deport to a country they've never even seen.

That's an outrage, IMO. It's cruelty.

Net Neutrality - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJsqYZ0CHcbUZFMFOBrZVeTD49ZHr8zPyjoKjTnPClRJdtNRhi2Q

Then open the floodgates and quit being cruel to the rest of the people of the world who want to come here by doing it legally. Shall we say ten legal entries for every amnesty you wish to grant to your favored minority group.

Until then you're no better than the ones you accuse of being cruel.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NaQZojWi6U

Smile
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Net Neutrality   Net Neutrality - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 12:34 pm

Saw this on Imgur today... (I edited out partisan comments)

Net Neutrality - Page 2 PG1wWrR

Representative Marsha "Give Me Your Money And I'll say Whatever You Want" Blackburn, has proposed "The Internet Freedom Act" an ironically named piece of legislation that would wipe out any steps made to maintain freedom on the internet by the FCC.

Mrs. Blackburn has been paid:

$25,000 from AT&T,
$20,000 from Comcast,
$20,000 from the Cable Industry Associated PAC,
$15,000 from Verizon,
$20,000 from the National Cable and Telecommunications Association, (which represents the largest companies in the industry)
$6,000 from Time Warner,
$5,500 from Dish Network, and
$5,000 from CenturyLink.

So clearly, she is in the best position to offer an unbiased and objective alternative to the FCC's plan. We should trust her implicitly because she obviously is acting independently of any outside source or influence, and is definitely not at all being controlled by anyone.

Additionally, the Anti-Public-Healthcare, Climate Change Denying, War-Mongering Blackburn has accepted hundreds of thousands in "donations" from just about every oil company in America, several private insurance organizations, Northrop Grumman, and of course, Koch Brothers. Here's a list of where Blackburn gets her "ideas" from: http://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/contrib.php…
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Net Neutrality   Net Neutrality - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 1:38 pm

It wouldn't take three hundred pages to find fair or "freedom".

Those are just catch words that start the ball rolling. The end result will be thousands of pages of regulations and controls... see utilities. We will be left in the end with very little competition... and those major players left will be in bed with our representatives... just like they are now. The optimism almost comical... freedom ensured by the govt that now records everything we do... that can now indefinitely detain the citizenry... that can even legally assassinate us... all with no due process or judicial review. Yep... the same bunch that couldn't even roll out the obamacaid website... lol. I wonder how the govt can continually create this sense of trust and optimism from we the people... they sure haven't earned it... see history or the post office or social security or something.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Net Neutrality   Net Neutrality - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 1:42 pm

Ps: If the federal govt hadn't progressively ceded itself such omnipotent powers... the monied interests wouldn't throw so much money at corrupting and influencing it. The chicken created the egg.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Net Neutrality   Net Neutrality - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 8:03 pm

Net Neutrality - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5JqircuETJGoQuqpu9l3B-JdXFUGU3_FNRTWdtJRBvQDEayCF

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOqbhIulC3g

Smile
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Net Neutrality   Net Neutrality - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 10:12 am

I would like to thank our dear leaders for allowing us to see the rules... after the fact.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/03/13/technology/fcc-releases-net-neutrality-rules.html?_r=0&referrer=

" The new rules could produce tension between the F.C.C. and the Federal Trade Commission,which has historically been charged with protecting consumers’privacy online. The order released on Thursday gives the F.C.C. new authority to police Internet privacy issues.

Some question whether the F.C.C.,which has not requested an increase to its legal budget for next year,has the capacity to manage and adjudicate one-off petitions. Last week,Representative Marsha Blackburn,Republican of Tennessee,introduced a bill in the House, with 19 original co-sponsors,to limit the F.C.C.’s authority and undo its new rules.

But Tom Wheeler,the commission chairman,has expressed confidence in the agency’s ability to handle the unexpected. Asked at the F.C.C.’s open meeting last month about the broad provisions of the so-called general conduct rule and to clarify what its vague mandates meant,Mr. Wheeler conceded that the future was uncertain.

“We don’t really know. We don’t know where things go next,” he said. “We have created a playing field where there are known rules, and the F.C.C. will sit there as a referee and will throw the flag.”

Along with the F.C.C.,telecommunications lawyers have a new place in the limelight with the release of the new rules,which are expected to take effect within a few months."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Net Neutrality   Net Neutrality - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Net Neutrality
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2