Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Father Nathan Monk

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Linda

Linda

Father Nathan Monk Empty
PostSubject: Father Nathan Monk   Father Nathan Monk EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 5:59 am

I keep up with him (Nathan Monk - Pensacola activist for the poor) on Facebook.  This is heartwarming.  

"Just got the call that one of our moms at the shelter was hired today for a full time position! Another family is moving into their own home this afternoon. All of this is because they applied themselves. They just needed a safe place to stay so they could get their lives back together, for their basic needs to be met in dignified way. Our team has been a living example that people just need a hand up. It's not about doing everything for them, but giving folks the tools and time to do it for themselves. When someone is no longer having to fight for survival, it's amazing what they can accomplish. My greatest joy is not when someone thanks me for something I did for them, but when they run into the shelter with pride and say, "Look what I did!" We are empowering people out of poverty!"
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Father Nathan Monk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Father Nathan Monk   Father Nathan Monk EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 4:56 pm

flower
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

Father Nathan Monk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Father Nathan Monk   Father Nathan Monk EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 6:08 pm

He is a good man who lives the life a Christian should.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

Father Nathan Monk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Father Nathan Monk   Father Nathan Monk EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:01 pm

Interesting that you mentioned him. I met him the other night, and have followed his efforts for several years. What I like about him is that he doesn't just talk...he is a man of action - ACTION. There is so little of that these days:

http://ricksblog.biz/cracking-down-on-homeless-points-out-need-for-comprehensive-policies/

Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

Father Nathan Monk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Father Nathan Monk   Father Nathan Monk EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:08 pm

True boots on the ground. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Father Nathan Monk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Father Nathan Monk   Father Nathan Monk Empty

Back to top Go down

Father Nathan Monk
Page 1 of 1