Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

America an empire built on War of by and for the Bankers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

America an empire built on War of by and for the Bankers Empty
PostSubject: America an empire built on War of by and for the Bankers   America an empire built on War of by and for the Bankers EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 8:50 am

http://www.infowars.com/america-has-been-at-war-93-of-the-time-222-out-of-239-years-since-1776/

America Has Been At War 93% of the Time – 222 Out of 239 Years – Since 1776
The U.S. Has Only Been At Peace For 21 Years Total Since Its Birth

* Pick any year since 1776 and there is about a 91% chance that America was involved in some war during that calendar year.

* No U.S. president truly qualifies as a peacetime president. Instead, all U.S. presidents can technically be considered “war presidents.”

* The U.S. has never gone a decade without war.

* The only time the U.S. went five years without war (1935-40) was during the isolationist period of the Great Depression.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: America an empire built on War of by and for the Bankers   America an empire built on War of by and for the Bankers EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 9:08 am

A stark commentary. I've noticed that the most progressive presidents have been the ones to intervene militarily in the largest ways... woodrow, fdr, lbj, bush... and I think history will add obama to this list.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: America an empire built on War of by and for the Bankers   America an empire built on War of by and for the Bankers EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 9:33 am

War of words/ideas/rhetoric will always be present and tear us down/apart and spread the fear/hate/apathy and keep us in conflict.

Some prosper with that...

and so it goes...

Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: America an empire built on War of by and for the Bankers   America an empire built on War of by and for the Bankers EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 10:42 am

"Thus, the warrior element of government puts the people in fear for their lives, and the priestly element puts them in fear for their eternal souls. These two fears compose a powerful compound—sufficient to prop up governments everywhere on earth for several millennia."
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: America an empire built on War of by and for the Bankers   America an empire built on War of by and for the Bankers EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 12:50 pm

No fear
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: America an empire built on War of by and for the Bankers   America an empire built on War of by and for the Bankers EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 6:24 pm

PkrBum wrote:
A stark commentary. I've noticed that the most progressive presidents have been the ones to intervene militarily in the largest ways... woodrow, fdr, lbj, bush... and I think history will add obama to this list.

I don't know of a single democrat or progressive or liberal in this country who will accept your assertion that Bush was a progressive.

You can't change reality by relabeling. I doubt Bush would even want to be called a progressive.

The original assertion was right on. America goes to war for the wealthy and for our "national interests." That means business. Even the American Revolution was because the wealthy were sick of paying taxes.
One thing has never changed. Americans hate to pay taxes.
But those taxes are what provides them with schools and roads and other services.
They want it all but don't want to pay for it. They want clean energy but don't ask them to pay for it. They'd rather keep paying the oil companies because it's cheaper.

And then they want to call people who don't want to work either a bunch of freeloaders.
It's all about those welfare cheats. LOL
What a country.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: America an empire built on War of by and for the Bankers   America an empire built on War of by and for the Bankers EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 6:56 am

Progressivism is basically govt intervention and solution to any given or perceived problem... social, security, eco, education... etc. Few grew govt more than bush to meet those "needs". Federal reserve interest rate manipulations after 9/11, patriot act, dhs, mcare part d... etc. In fact... the first progressive president was teddy roosevelt. Sometimes I don't think people really know what progressivism is... it isn't just some benevolent agenda... it has a clandestine and sorted history.
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: America an empire built on War of by and for the Bankers   America an empire built on War of by and for the Bankers EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 3:42 pm

"Sometimes I don't think people really know what progressivism is"

That's your quote. I'd say that Always I know you don't know what progressivism is. You also don't know what fascism is. Bush was far more of a fascist than he ever was a progressive.

Teddy Roosevelt was a progressive, that's true. So was Woodrow Wilson (who won WWI), FDR (who won WWII) Dwight D Eisenhower (who at least did not LOSE Korea) but not George W Bush. Bush was a corporatist fascist. Oh, and he didn't win any wars.

Here's the definition of fascism straight from the dictionary:

A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, a capitalist economy subject to stringent governmental controls, violent suppression of the opposition, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.

A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a system of government.

That's George W bush defined. Spying on American Citizens, setting up the DHS  to interfere in everyone's lives, vehement nationalism exhibited by sending our troops all over the world to spread our philosophy but mostly to protect the interests of big business.
Deny it if you want to, it's the truth.
Oh, and as far as a dictator goes, Remember when he said that since he wasPOTUS anything he did was  legal? I haven't forgotten that. George W Bush doesn't have a progressive bone in his body. Just because he's a loser don't try and lump him in with everybody else that you think were losers. He's a loser in his own category. We haven't had too many other fascist presidents.

There's nothing "sorted" or even sordid about progressivism. I don't think anyone on Social Security thinks the system is sordid. I don't think our interstate highway system is sordid. I don't think medicare is sordid. I don't think the voting rights act was sordid. I don't think VA college benefits are sordid.
I guess you do.
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: America an empire built on War of by and for the Bankers   America an empire built on War of by and for the Bankers EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 4:03 pm

BTW, here's the definition of progressivism given by Wikipedia:

Progressivism in the United States is a broadly based reform movement that reached its height early in the 20th century and is generally considered to be middle class and reformist in nature. It arose as a response to the vast changes brought by modernization, such as the growth of large corporations and railroads, and fears of corruption in American politics. In the 21st century, progressives continue to embrace concepts such as environmentalism and social justice.[1] Social progressivism, the view that governmental practices ought to be adjusted as society evolves, forms the ideological basis for many American progressives.

Historian Alonzo Hamby defined progressivism as the "political movement that addresses ideas, impulses, and issues stemming from modernization of American society. Emerging at the end of the nineteenth century, it established much of the tone of American politics throughout the first half of the century."[2]    

Middle class. Environmentalist. Social Justice.
And as we evolve, our government should evolve too. Just like it has in allowing women to vote and African Americans to vote. When we began to learn about the dangers to our environment back in the early 70's even Nixon was a progressive. He created the EPA and federalized lands so they would be there for the public to enjoy for years to come.
I'll take that as my philosophy and agree that I'm a progressive.

You can use it as a dirty word if you want to but the dictionary does not define it that way.

Last edited by Eddard on Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: America an empire built on War of by and for the Bankers   America an empire built on War of by and for the Bankers EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 4:06 pm

PkrBum wrote:
Progressivism is basically govt intervention and solution to any given or perceived problem... social, security, eco, education... etc. Few grew govt more than bush to meet those "needs". Federal reserve interest rate manipulations after 9/11, patriot act, dhs, mcare part d... etc. In fact... the first progressive president was teddy roosevelt. Sometimes I don't think people really know what progressivism is... it isn't just some benevolent agenda... it has a clandestine and sorted history.

Now you've done it......3.....2......1......
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: America an empire built on War of by and for the Bankers   America an empire built on War of by and for the Bankers EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 4:10 pm

I'm not going to explode. Medicare part D was a progressive action that Bush Took. It was one of the very few he took.
I have Medicare part D myself and it's been great for my wallet because I have a lot of prescription medicine needs.
I'll give Bush that one kudo.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: America an empire built on War of by and for the Bankers   America an empire built on War of by and for the Bankers Empty

Back to top Go down

America an empire built on War of by and for the Bankers
Page 1 of 1