Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Religion is an integral part of the United States.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Religion is an integral part of the United States. Empty
PostSubject: Religion is an integral part of the United States.   Religion is an integral part of the United States. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 7:43 pm

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

The above is a foundational principle of our very existence as a free people...remove it and you have lost your rights.
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Religion is an integral part of the United States.   Religion is an integral part of the United States. EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 7:12 pm

Well, it's by your creator. Trouble is that there are a lot of different views of who that creator is. Actually, a lot of different views of even how we were created. Our forefathers did not all share the same views.

I hold it to be self-evident that every newborn in this country and around the world, should have the same civil  AND HUMAN rights as every other newborn.
That's because nobody is born better than anybody else. If anybody thinks they are better by birth, then pox on them. It is not so.
And I hold it to be just as self-evident that these human rights and civil rights should extend from birth to the grave.
They should, they may not, but they should.

I figured that out on my own. I suspect God agrees, but I didn't have to be told that by him or by any document created by the forefathers.

It's called thinking and conscience and I firmly believe that if enough men and women of good will got together to form a government, it could be as free and as fair as our own Constitution requires that ours be, without any reference to religion at all.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Religion is an integral part of the United States.   Religion is an integral part of the United States. EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 7:50 pm

Article Six of the US Constitution,
Quote :
...no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States....

The first amendment to the Bill of Rights,
Quote :
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;...

Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Religion is an integral part of the United States.   Religion is an integral part of the United States. Empty

Back to top Go down

Religion is an integral part of the United States.
Page 1 of 1